Ladeside 14/15

KLadeside

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yoker played longside in last round. Decent set up with a great social club and pint. One stand with over the rest just a rail. It's just at Peterhead around 4 hours from Holm Park

Longside is an isolated residential village inland from Peterhead. It's a very dead place on a Saturday afternoon.

Davidson Park, or more accurately the social club there, is the focal point of the village.

The pitch is one of the best surfaces there is up here, and the whole place has a well-kept feel to it - it's one of the more characterful of the North Junior grounds.

The pedestrian entry from the main street is along an entry leading to a gate with the ground name overhead in wrought iron lettering.

Vehicle entry is via a side street, arriving at a car park by the social club.

The pitch is surrounded by a wall. There's a practice pitch outwith the wall, which is used in the summer as a Welfare football venue. Entry on to the pitch is via wide iron gates in the wall, with large lettering which when closed spell out the club's name. The spherical gatepost knobs are painted as if footballs. The detached changing room block has the club name in iron lettering on its roof. There's a separate detached tea hut / loos / small committee room building. The only seats in the ground are a handful on the veranda of that block. That end is just flat hard ground, but viewing from there would mean looking through the catch fence. On the main road side, set back from the wall, there is a small covered terrace with club name along the front fascia. Viewing from the opposite side and far end are just a case of standing up against the wall with flat grass at your back.

Nowhere near a railway station, getting to Longside by public transport requires a bus to either Peterhead or Mintlaw (on the Aberdeen to Fraserburgh route), then a local bus number 66 sideways - 5mins from Mintlaw / 20mins from Peterhead. It's so infrequent that I walked the 2 miles back to Mintlaw when I last did a game there - there's a disused railway line footpath. Although it'll be too dark for that after the final whistle given the 3pm KO.

1500 ko is confirmed

my opinion is there taking the utter pish.. heard a rumour it was to give us plenty time on the sat morning to give park chance if weather bad.. yeah ok then..5 finish. Hour or so having food and refreshments after game for team etc.. talking back of ten by time players get home. There are joke and I hope we pump the life out them. Not that I'll know or see it

Should be on up there. Surface was good earlier in season. Nice social club too.

Is it definitely a 3pm ko? Listed as 1:45 on my source. I do feel for Stoneywood, they've been shafted by the developers and left in the lurch.

Archived