Ladeside 14/15

KLadeside

Quite mild in my part of Aberdeenshire (I'm in the countryside outside Inverurie - so north of Aberdeen, as is Longside).

Grey overcast, no frost.

I've just been to inspect my lawn, which would be declared Playable.

VERY surprised to read elsewhere that Culter is Off again.

I can't see Longside's excellent surface being Off today.

But as you say, definitive confirmation would be good - I've got to set off soon for my three-bus hike to get there...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming our worst Scottish defeat?

As av seen plenty worse than that lol . Even then a could argue Blackburn away. Inverurie home Montrose away .

#COTB

We were only 3 seasons after winning the Scottish and had a good few of the players left when we lost to Saltcoats.The team that lost to Montrose was utter mince and the next week lost to Irvine Vic's.Blackburn was Bryce,s 1st season in charge ...bad results but no as bad as Saltcoats...in fact losing at Dundee Violet was worse than Blackburn.

We were only 3 seasons after winning the Scottish and had a good few of the players left when we lost to Saltcoats.The team that lost to Montrose was utter mince and the next week lost to Irvine Vic's.Blackburn was Bryce,s 1st season in charge ...bad results but no as bad as Saltcoats...in fact losing at Dundee Violet was worse than Blackburn.

Thought Blacburn was W***ers tenure but just checked & ur right. 81 was afore ma time so Blackburn it is lol

#COTB

The North teams have had better results than in recent years.

Culter had one frozen area of the pitch. They went on to win 11-1 at East End.

Good luck next week.

2/ 2 away from home is acceptable especially after a 5 hour bus journey...I expect a home win on Saturday anything else is not acceptable....

Can't agree but maybe a look at the players we have and expect a hellava lot more.

Defeat at home is a sackable offence...no pressure on management or players but ....:)

Can't agree but maybe a look at the players we have and expect a hellava lot more.

Defeat at home is a sackable offence...no pressure on management or players but ....:)

Scottish cup tie away from home, form took a dip, draw no too bad a result

Should be good enough to beat a team of Stoneywoodds stature but Al take being in the cup

Can't comment on how it went but agree if we lose next week that heads must roll . Expect a comfortable victory though

#COTB

Scottish cup tie away from home, form took a dip, draw no too bad a result

Staying in the cup was priority,this club cannot afford to go out the Scottish before Xmas again not just financially but also prestige. We have signed top quality players,top results should follow.My opinion is we should beat Stoneywood 10 outa 10 no matter the circumstances...

Staying in the cup was priority,this club cannot afford to go out the Scottish before Xmas again not just financially but also prestige. We have signed top quality players,top results should follow.My opinion is we should beat Stoneywood 10 outa 10 no matter the circumstances...

I'm wae u on that wan mate,think we have a good chance to do something this year if we get the fingers out,miby no consistent enuf in the league but y not a good cup run.

A draw up there is not the worst the worst result. At the end of the day we have got a reply at the vale. Which might mean we only get a third of the gate but its a lot more than we would have got away to kilsyth. Next week is a must win game and i think the late equaliser is enough to turn our poor form around. Maybe start wilson next week? His work rate alone is something the back 4 is missing.

The neutral's point of view :

Despite their ground problems, FC Stoneywood have got a decent team. You were the better side, but had to play your Get Out Of Jail Free card - you were staring defeat in the face up here.

FC Stoneywod scored inside ten minutes, a good finish in a crowded box.

Their keeper handled just outside his box, you tried to take it quickly before they were ready, but were whistled back by the ref (significant - see later).

A Ladeside shot from distance thumped the bar before HT.

You were staring a 1-0 defeat in the face until your big gangly sub was brought on with 20 to go and immediately proved a handfull, being brought down for a pen just two minutes later. Level at 1-1 I thought it would be you who'd go on to win the game, but straightaway on a breakaway Stoneywood's forward was adjudged to have been fouled in the box by your covering defender and that pen was also converted. 2-1 to them with 15 to go.

All out attack by Ladeside, but it was getting to be desperate.

Three minutes from the end a Ladeside free kick was awarded a few yards outside the box. As Stoneywood were busy getting a wall organised your player asked the ref "OK?". The ref said Yes, so he took it straightaway, curling a beauty into the net. No whistling back to take it again this time. 2-2. A draw very much salvaged from defeat. I can only see one winner in the replay though.

The pitch was never in doubt - it wasn't the coldest day any of us have watched football. Just be glad the floodlights (on from the start) didn't fail and it had to be re-arranged up here again!

About a dozen up from Ladeside - only four of whom were non Committee (they posed for a photo pre-match).

Not many more for the "home" club, plus a sprinkling of curious neutrals like me. I counted 46 in total watching including all club officials. A surreal atmosphere as if a pre-season friendly. The Ladeside contingent were enjoying themselves with plenty of good banter about the peculiarity of the whole thing. I'm pleased for them after all the effort of getting up here that they'd not had to make the long journey home with only a defeat.

Archived