Ladeside 14/15

KLadeside

Very heavy frost out in the Aberdeenshire countryside where I live this (Thursday) morning. My lawn is like a rock.

Supposed to be nowhere near as cold overnight Friday into Saturday, but still a risk that there could be frost.

So an early inspection before your bus sets off may find it solid.

But daytime temperature Saturday is expected to be quite decent, so any morning frost should be gone by KO time.

So let's hope there's a sensible attitude and allowance for the melt rather than a too-early decision.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very heavy frost out in the Aberdeenshire countryside where I live this (Thursday) morning. My lawn is like a rock.

Supposed to be nowhere near as cold overnight Friday into Saturday, but still a risk that there could be frost.

So an early inspection before your bus sets off may find it solid.

But daytime temperature Saturday is expected to be quite decent, so any morning frost should be gone by KO time.

So let's hope there's a sensible attitude and allowance for the melt rather than a too-early decision.

no mate let's hope it's off and it's played at our place

It won't automatically switch to your place after 3 postponements. If our saga v Girvan last year is anything to go by, they may get a 4th attempt depending on the circumstances, and then the option of a neutral venue may be allowed, which could be a 3G or 4G pitch in the north east.

It won't automatically switch to your place after 3 postponements. If our saga v Girvan last year is anything to go by, they may get a 4th attempt depending on the circumstances, and then the option of a neutral venue may be allowed, which could be a 3G or 4G pitch in the north east.

Neutral ???

They have been attempting to play it at a neutral venue last two weeks.No disrespect to Stoneywood but if you can't get your own ground capable of hosting a major cup tie then the game should be switched to the opponents ground...this fannying aboot their own area trying to find a suitable venue is ridiculous.

Regardless of where they home team have been trying to host the tie, there is no rule that means the game switches to the away team's venue after three postponements. During last season's Girvan v Glencairn saga, Girvan were given four attempts to play the game at home, then they were told to find a neutral venue. They did find a neutral venue on grass at Ardrossan, but that was called off as well. They were then told to find a venue that would definitely mean the match would go ahead at the 6th attempt, and that was at Largs. There was no instruction at any point by the SJFA to switch the tie to Rutherglen. So I wouldn't be getting the pies in for a game at Kilbirnie next weekend just yet.

Regardless of where they home team have been trying to host the tie, there is no rule that means the game switches to the away team's venue after three postponements. During last season's Girvan v Glencairn saga, Girvan were given four attempts to play the game at home, then they were told to find a neutral venue. They did find a neutral venue on grass at Ardrossan, but that was called off as well. They were then told to find a venue that would definitely mean the match would go ahead at the 6th attempt, and that was at Largs. There was no instruction at any point by the SJFA to switch the tie to Rutherglen. So I wouldn't be getting the pies in for a game at Kilbirnie next weekend just yet.

I agree but making them move the game to a neutral venue would be pointless as they already have been giving up home advantage anyway.If clubs move the game then it should be to a ground with kid on grass so the match will defo go ahead....utterly pointless moving it to a ground that is as bad as your own.

I agree but making them move the game to a neutral venue would be pointless as they already have been giving up home advantage anyway.If clubs move the game then it should be to a ground with kid on grass so the match will defo go ahead....utterly pointless moving it to a ground that is as bad as your own.

With no disrespect intended to Girvan or Ardrossan, that's exactly what the SJFA allowed to happen last season. Girvan's park was waterlogged four times, then they were told to find a neutral venue, so Ardrossan was chosen, with the exact same outcome.

am told on good authority we could of turned it down but accepted it.. something that riled me..

Fair play to your guys for accepting it. The circumstances Stoneywood have been hit with are unfortunate and they are suffering as much as anyone. Hopefully the developers will fix the problems they've had but can't see it.

Not sure if they actually own it though. I don't believe they owned the previous site and i'm under the impression they are the shafted third party in the whole thing.

Longside is reknowned for the quality of the surface, so always much less likely to have been at risk from rain. That factor may have helped swing Ladeside officials to not bother being obstinate over the 10 miles rule. That plus there being a social club right there perhaps ! It's a decent set-up at Longside.

There has been no pesky rain this week, with nothing more than just showers to come.

It's much milder up here this (Friday) morning than it was yesterday. My lawn would take a stud today.

From here on in it depends whether you believe the BBC website's forecast of no colder than -1 overnight tonight, building to +6 by KO; or the BBC TV forecast which said it would drop to -5 tonight before warming up Saturday daytime.

A Saturday lunchtime inspection would definitely OK it either way. An early-morning one might not. Unlike some of you, I want it to go ahead, so I'm hoping that if a first inspection is negative due to frost there is the common sense to say they'll have a further look at it later on.

Archived