Thailand

Lang Toun Lad

My partner is looking up holidays for Thailand over Christmas/New Year.We pretty much go for beach holidays with a few excursions included.Anyone any tips?

Would recommend Phuket for the festive period. You can fly direct from London which will save the hassle of flying to Bangkok if you have no intention of staying there plus Koh Samui is only an hour's flight. Great beaches if that's your thing plus you can easily hop on the boat over to Koh Phi Phi which is like paradise. Lots of great hotels in Patong and Thalang, particularly the Trisara.

• 3 weeks later...

No love for koh Tao on this thread? It's just as nice as phi phi, nightlife not as crazy but more to do through the day

Probably not for the next wee while to be honest.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Going to have some time between jobs coming up, so was considering going somewhere for a few weeks, and Thailand came up. A quick look online suggests that it might be one of the cheaper places to go that I was thinking of. I would be going on my lonesome, which is fine, but would like to join a few groups here and there for a few days/half days at a time.

Anyone been there on their own and can offer some advice?

Going to have some time between jobs coming up, so was considering going somewhere for a few weeks, and Thailand came up. A quick look online suggests that it might be one of the cheaper places to go that I was thinking of. I would be going on my lonesome, which is fine, but would like to join a few groups here and there for a few days/half days at a time.

Anyone been there on their own and can offer some advice?

If it looks to good to be true, it's a ladyboy.

• 4 months later...

We were in Cha Am at Christmas,it is next to Hua Hin.

It was quiet as others have said but there is plenty around if you want to get out.

We went up to The River Kwai bridge which I enjoyed and spent a day helping at an Elephant sanctuary which was for my partner but another I enjoyed.

Archived