Manchester United 14/15 thread

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

van Gaal says he only has one fit centre back for Saturday - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29367107

This seems to have been going on at United for years, having to scramble for defenders week after week. Love his attitude towards youth players though, should be no seconds thoughts about putting them into the team while it's under reconstruction.

Him and Jones - a Rolls Royce of a player no less - suffer the same trap, drastically overhyped English youngsters who are pushed to the top and fail miserably. FYI Shaw will turn out the same way.

Since when did Rolls Royce make shitty cars?

Jones can have decent games. Think he'd be good at midtable or lower in the PL.

I think Jones could be a really good Ivanovic style right-back. He'd need to focus on that as his position long term though. Being shifted around all the time has clearly messed up his development. I think he's got much more talent than Smalling, who I can't imagine would ever be near the England team if he didn't wear a Man Utd shirt.

Incredible how widely spread this myth that Phil Jones is a good player who's been ruined by being asked to play a couple of different positions every season. He's simply shite, giving him a run in one position won't change this, still utterly bemused as to why they signed him anyway as apart from the usual initial media hype around an Englishman every time one makes a debut he never showed anything that would suggest he would be good enough for a top team

It's 10/1 for BTTS and West Ham to win. I've got a tenner double on it along with a Middelsbrough BTTS win.

Good man - its 17/2 on william hill, don't think i will take it though think utd will win with btts. Going to the bookies after swim and gym :thumsup2

Incredible how widely spread this myth that Phil Jones is a good player who's been ruined by being asked to play a couple of different positions every season. He's simply shite, giving him a run in one position won't change this, still utterly bemused as to why they signed him anyway as apart from the usual initial media hype around an Englishman every time one makes a debut he never showed anything that would suggest he would be good enough for a top team

Can't agree with that, I think there's definite potential there, and I've regularly been impressed with him at right back. I don't think he's going to be a top level centre half though.

To write him off at the age of 22 would be crazy IMO. Man Utd fans absolutely hated Darren Fletcher for years when he was being used as a right winger, but look what happened there.

Can't agree with that, I think there's definite potential there, and I've regularly been impressed with him at right back. I don't think he's going to be a top level centre half though.

To write him off at the age of 22 would be crazy IMO. Man Utd fans absolutely hated Darren Fletcher for years when he was being used as a right winger, but look what happened there.

What happened?

Archived