Manchester United 14/15 thread

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've been absoutely shite this season and are sitting in 4th place. But when you look who they've played so far their position is about right.

"Meanwhile, United are set to offer defender Tyler Blackett, 20, an improved contract which would increase his wages from £2,000 to £50,000 a week."

:lol: Surely not?! It's from BBC gossip granted, but if it's true that's absolutely mental.

He looked so bad against Leicester, I thought it might have been Chris Smalling.

• 1 month later...

Right, and they will all be available when? And of course, they will all be available, settle in straight away to whatever formation Van Gaal is trying to achieve, gel with their team mates and be just super.

Who has said they will be "miles off" the top 4?

They need to oust one of the existing top 4 to achieve it and the two weakest candidates, Arsenal and Liverpool have both significantly strengthened this summer also, and had a better base to begin with.

Man U will get it right eventually - they've spent enough money to ensure that. But I would make them 5th favourites to be top 4 this season.

The Liverpool side that comfortably and comprehensively destroyed Tottenham at White Hart Lane had 4 new players from last season, 2 of whom are proven Premier League players, in Balotelli and Lovren. Their other new signings will be integrated as and when. They have absolutely no need to play the likes of Lallana, Markovic, Can, Lambert etc. until such point as they choose to.

Man U on the other hand have been shambolic this season already, and are faced with the prospect of having to throw all of their new signings in in a desperate attempt to halt the slide. Di Maria contributed nothing at Burnley - how long is it going to take him to get up to speed? Even if it's 3 or 4 weeks for all of them, that could be the difference at the end of the season.

Arsenal have added Chambers as cover at the back, upgraded from Sagna to Debuchy, and have Sanchez and Welbeck, plus the return of Theo Walcott in a few weeks. Yes, they are still the weakest of the top 4, but I would happily bet anyone at Even money that they will finish ahead of Man Utd this season.

Just going to leave these little gems here.

The whole league has been shit so far. I don't even think that Chelsea are a great side, but everyone else is so inept that they will stroll the league.

Man City and Chelsea's squad are clearly a class above everyone else's on paper but the latter have been able to perform consistently and have managed to open up a gap they probably shouldnt blow now.

Man United have a decent next few games coming up and if the get to January in the top 4 they should stay that way until the end of the season id say. Assuming they do the obvious and strengthen the defence and midfield. Oh and get shot of the players who spend 6 months a year out injured.

Getting 4 points out the City, Chelsea and Arsenal games was good, arguably it could have been more. With the amount of injuries, I think it is a testament to Van Gaal that he has United in the top 4. Should be looking for 6 points from today and Tuesday and a boost in goal difference.

This is the united team I would pick to have should we make signing in January or in the summer

Gk:de gea

Rwb:Valencia

Cb:smalling

Cb:hummels

Cb:varane

Lwb:shaw

Rw:januzaj

Lw:ronaldo

Cam:mata

Cm:VidalSt:Rooney

With the greatest respect, your team makes absolutely no sense.

How can you play a 3-6-1 with 4 wingers and one central midfielder?

Actually, from looking at your players this may actually be a wind up...

He's an alias, don't know who of though. Seeing Chris Smalling's name lined up alongside Mats Hummels made me laugh far more than it should have.

There is a player somewhere in Smalling, not sure where but I am certain it is there somewhere.

He might be a great jazz player.

As a footballer he is fundamentally lacking in any ability - and it has been chronically obvious throughout his career.

Think Fergie was on a drunken binge when he signed this average young Fulham defender for 9m.

He might be a great jazz player.

As a footballer he is fundamentally lacking in any ability - and it has been chronically obvious throughout his career.

Think Fergie was on a drunken binge when he signed this average young Fulham defender for 9m.

It was a bargain. Compared to what they spent on Phil "shite but gets away with it because he plays different positions" Jones

Archived