Clyde fc name change move to EK topic

So there's no one in Falkirk, who don't support them, who'd feel screwed about their Council dealings then??? I certainly know a few who are. I genuinely am scunnered that i had no idea how much loathing complete losers like you had for us...kinda wish i really rubbed in all our thrashings against you even more. Not many teams concede a hat-trick to two players in the one match!!

Irony.

Due to the current boards contempt to the the people/fans who come from Cumbernauld they have not given a hoot about the community they currently reside in. Instead they have been lured to EK by renowned patter merchants who's only interests are their own. I actually now feel sorry for true Clyde fans who have been hoodwinked by voting for EK thinking it was a new beginning when it is clearly not. As soon as EK entered the lowland league then we all knew Kean had his dream mapped out. It doesn't involve Clyde.

Wake up

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clyde's total disrespect to the people of Cumbernauld is the biggest disgrace in this whole sorry tale. Cumbernauld Develpoment Corporation build a stadium, The towns biggest Employer sponsored the club for years. This myth that the stadium rent is too expensive is nonsense, its only expensive because Clyde took the piss with the original 100 year lease which was buttons in comparison.

Now the club want to do a moonlight flit to East Kilbride to try and hoodwink another New Town only this time include their name. Isn't that nice - unwilling to include Cumbernauld in their name 20 years ago!

Kick Clyde out of Cumbernauld, the BMX track is back in the area after being demolished to accommodate the new Stadium (the replacement at St Mo's was crap) Now we need Clyde out of Cumbernauld to end a horrible chapter in the towns history. Get Cumbernauld Utd into Broadwood and try to get up the pyramid.

Why should United get lumbered with it and who says they want to climb the ladder to that degree? They could have joined the LL if they were that interested.

Stick to the BMX.

How local do you need to be? The Cumbernauld development corporation which was centrally funded and payed for the stadium.

I no longer stay in North Lanarkshire Council area, but used too.I used to live very local to Broadwood.

Clyde had a CVA which screwed the creditors and even after that CVA Clyde still got behind on its rent. Meanwhile Fulston tried to kill Falkirk, put us in Volultary Administration, we came out of that and payed EVERY creditor 100p in the £ not like Dundee, Thistle, Livingston, Motherwell, Dundee again, Rangers and of course Clyde.

Falkirk's stadium always had to involve the council they owned 2/10s of the Brockville site. Its their fault we went for some ambitious stadium project instead of an Almondvale clone.

Why am I even comparing us with you lot, we might be crap, but at least we have fans that give a shit and have a local passion toward the club.

Clyde screwed the people of Cumbernauld, changing the name to name to EK Clyde is the ultimate slap in the face and hopefully one that will destroy the club.

You're being a wee bit selective with your memory. I'd agree that Clyde have handled their business badly from day 1 in Cumbernauld, but it's not been all one way traffic

CDA were being wound up and had a pot of money to develop the area. It was presented as a 10,000 all seater stadium. Of course what they failed to mention was that the 4th stand was dependant on selling a piece of ground for housing and using the proceeds to complete the stadium. Not in itself a bad plan, but always an idea to survey the ground to make sure it's fit for building houses!! There again theyre a public body, not a private one. To be expected

Speaking of which, if Clyde have been seen as a drain on the local taxpayer by not paying their bills....and let's say that has been the case....explain to me how Cumbernauld Utd is going to work. What's their crowd, 200? They going to be allowed to play there for free? How are they going to pay their bills? Taxpayer going to subsidize that are they?

Falkirk? All been hard graft has it, to get where you are? Ian McCall's Airdrie narrowly miss out on promotion to the SPL, the same season Totten's Falkirk are relegated. Lo & behold Airdrie go under. Not only does that keep Falkirk up at a time they could have been staring at any number of years in the lower reaches, but they also get an entirely new management team and players for free. Blink of an eye you go from the level below to promotion challengers

We could use some of that from Lady Luck, have a word with her for us

Brigton there were a number of other broken promises. The most bizarre being that it was not practical to install undersoil heating as it would spoil the grass!

No doubt Harry. Both sides have a case to answer. It would likely have been easier to sit down and resolve issues had it been a level playing field, but if someone owes you a considerable sum of money in any walk of life, they're not going to be able to dictate terms to you.

Of course that's due to change soon, and I'm not too sure the future at Broadwood would look too rosy for NLL if Clyde were indeed to leave. What's true today might not be in 5 - 10 years

Based on the fact that the problems with the land are still to be surmounted and in my opinion, a back door approach to relieve RR of their Nerston site has also been given the GTF treatment by the sites current owners, if I was member with cause for concern then I would still push for an EGM not purely for a vote of no confidence but just to have the current board look you in the eye and tell you whay exactly is going on, before it is too late.

Saw on another thread that there was 200 away fans up the promised land on Saturday. the way things are going that maybe the home support up there.

• 4 years later...
On 17/06/2014 at 19:45, the bigger picture said:

You decry any criticism re conspiracy theory but your statement above hits the nail on the head.

As a Foundation member I am not allowed to attend the AGM. All the doumentation produced purports to allow Foundation members knowledge of what is said at these meetings but this has not been the case which equals 'Mushroom management'.

It is not a CIC but a 'closed shop' intended to divide and conquer.

Rather than trying to encourage people such as myself they have gone out of their way to not engage and grow the CIC.

Is it any wonder people don't trust them?

A  bit like the brexit and SNP camps they and only they have it right

32 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Frankly I’m astounded that cfcuk hasn’t wanked himself into a frenzy over the inexplicable resurrection of this thread yet...

Having read some of the previous posts on this thread, am astounded its been raised again. I thought Clyde were settled in Cumbernauld. no?

What a curious throwback to a far-gone age - long before Brexit or Trump - when self-declared powerhouses of Scottish football 'Clyde' were briefly slumming it in the fourth tier of with seemingly no chance of escape. 

Oh wait - you're still there. 

32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg.9bb6a48f1b4f85205c30d4c4fa9150ca.jpg

2 hours ago, virginton said:

What a curious throwback to a far-gone age - long before Brexit or Trump - when self-declared powerhouses of Scottish football 'Clyde' were briefly slumming it in the fourth tier of with seemingly no chance of escape. 

Oh wait - you're still there. 

32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg.9bb6a48f1b4f85205c30d4c4fa9150ca.jpg

What is it about us you find so fascinating Largs boy, the fact we've only got ten fingers? 

Archived