Salmond Vs. Darling - The Debate

ham89

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That student was actually a doctors husband.

Do we know the surname ?

Maybe its Blair or Brown so Wings over Scotland will have a hilariously inaccurate expose on their family.

Problem is that any negotiations on the currency union would have to involve Trident remaining here full time.

That's the line in the sand the SNP certainly can't move from.

The Yes view appears to be 'you will cave on what you say you won't do as we ll just negotiate on it. Everything's on the table '

'Oh what Trident ? Oh that's non negotiable. We've said that and its off the table'.

Do you see the problem here?

For a limited period that would allow both sides to claim victory. Scottish government say 'Trident will be removed from Scotland in 20__' and the British government would say 'We have secured the future of trident until 20__ when it will be obsolete and replaced.' The 20__ is the negotiation.

For a limited period that would allow both sides to claim victory. Scottish government say 'Trident will be removed from Scotland in 20__' and the British government would say 'We have secured the future of trident until 20__ when it will be obsolete and replaced.' The 20__ is the negotiation.

But the problem is it would be electoral suicide for the SNP.

They can't possibly come back after making such a song and dance about nuclear weapons and say 'cough .. Yeah... Well we ve had a wee rethink and actually they aren't that bad so we won't get them off our soil til... Umm... Some time in the future. Maybe'

'Oh we still have the pound though. yay '

They can't possibly come back after making such a song and dance about nuclear weapons and say 'cough .. Yeah... Well we ve had a wee rethink and actually they aren't that bad so we won't get them off our soil til... Umm... Some time in the future. Maybe'

Electoral suicide?

They'd have their lifetime ambition? The party would have to completely adapt anyway - and yet they'd still get to claim that they were removing trident. The vast majority of folk would accept that.

And have they done this?

Don't really see what political capital could be made by wings or anyone the guy asked a reasonable question, was just making the point my wife knows his wife after someone suggested he was a student. Also don't think the guy made out he was a student either.

Aye, I don't need to be a pensioner to be interested in what will happen in the future.

Where does it give an order of preference in the White Paper?

The SNP's own economic advisers have told them using the pound unilaterally would be a dreadful idea.

Here they are. I think the preference has been stated more than once. AS is right though, it's the only straw, or is that red herring, that Better Together have to cling onto. Even No voters have shown in polls that a CU is the best option after a Yes vote.

Darling was woeful. There was NO positive vision for the UK - only spreading doubt and fear. And like Salmond stated, there is more uncertainty from the UK general election and EU referendum.

10599234_10152691495418854_6491550719870

The yes campaign's response to any question seems to be to try and not answer and just claim it's 'scaremongering'. It's really getting on my tits now. And they go on about how they are running a 'positive' campaign, I don't want a f**king positive campaign, I want a truthful, honest, informative one. If you are asked a question then just answer it, don't call on the scaremongering card.

And I say this as a Yes voter. It's just really been bugging me and is really amateurish.

Archived