Salmond Vs. Darling - The Debate

ham89

My thoughts...

Awful debate.

Huge opportunity missed from Salmond.

That will be the first and last exposure to this debate for some people.

People need to be persuaded to vote yes. They weren't.

We can be sure the Yes campaign will desperately be seeking out another debate.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's game over for yes, but that was definitely a huge blow in my opinion. Makes the job a lot harder for those of us who go knocking on doors.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you provide some proof of that, or are you an identity fascist?

He said it himself about a dozen times tonight, away and play with your action figures.

Yeah? Would you like a bet?

Is this seriously all you have left? Baseless threats and relying on something that's less likely even than the fantastically unlikely Yes win in September?

Ouch

The negotiations would be far more boring than that. There'd be give and take and both sides would agree at the end of the day. Its far too important for them not to.

If the negotiations did become nuclear then all hell would break loose - and the Scottish people would absolutely rally round against perceived bullying.

Scottish independence will not be 'easy'. It will involve difficult choices - and difficult negotiations. But it WILL be worth it in the long run. I have no doubt of that.

Yeah? Would you like a bet?

Is this seriously all you have left? Baseless threats and relying on something that's less likely even than the fantastically unlikely Yes win in September?

Ouch

Baseless threats? Cameron surrounding himself with eurosceptics, UKIP recently win a national election?

15772488_9ddae96d16.jpg

Salmond need to win this, not get his arse handed to him by Darling, which is what happened.

You've obviously spent so much time with your nose up Murdo & Co's arse on twitter that you can't see anything for the shite.

I wonder what bright spark policy adviser told Salmond having no Plan B was the smart move.

It always struck me as utter stupidity at the time and since. Not really like the SNP of recent vintage to get so badly outmanoeuvred on an issue so comprehensively

I agree. If Yes lose it is because of this. An issue that allows an incompetent like darling to win a debate just by making him avoid a question.

all he had to say was "If in the unlikely case the Westminster government wouldn't let Scotland use the pound, then we would use our own currency as an alternative".

exactly what I thought. and why he mentioned driving on right side and UFOs. I know it was eejits in the Better Together camp that mentioned them in the first place, but he had 12 minutes to tackle much more serious issues. If they have another debate he will need to be better prepared.

Darling kept pushing Salmond on the currency question but then flapped even more when asked about 2 powers Scotland would be receiving in the result of a NO vote. He wouldn't even admit Scotland could be a successful Independent country, even David Cameron has admitted that.

Don't know what to make of tonight, it was a poor set up and the audience played a big part in making it a shitfest.

The more mud that gets slung the better it is for the NO campaign. That was a total eyesore. It frustrates me when people are swayed by the blatant scare mongering but then Alex Salmond makes a fool of himself lowering to that level talking about the Alien invasions, just what the NO campaign wanted. Missed opportunity for him.

Genuinely reckon some YES voters on here would have done a better job.

Perhaps not from here, but I don't doubt there are a lot of people from our side who would have put across a better case.

Hopefully Salmond sorts himself out or is shelved for the next debate.

no sure about that, that would mean some of them would have to come out of their bedroom, at their mums ;)

Must be time for Cameron.

If BT are so confident of the argument, then Cameron should have nothing to fear.

I said weeks ago that NO might regret Cameron not debating Salmond.

The negotiations would be far more boring than that. There'd be give and take and both sides would agree at the end of the day. Its far too important for them not to.

If the negotiations did become nuclear then all hell would break loose - and the Scottish people would absolutely rally round against perceived bullying.

Scottish independence will not be 'easy'. It will involve difficult choices - and difficult negotiations. But it WILL be worth it in the long run. I have no doubt of that.

Problem is that any negotiations on the currency union would have to involve Trident remaining here full time.

That's the line in the sand the SNP certainly can't move from.

The Yes view appears to be 'you will cave on what you say you won't do as we ll just negotiate on it. Everything's on the table '

'Oh what Trident ? Oh that's non negotiable. We've said that and its off the table'.

Do you see the problem here?

Salmond need to win this, not get his arse handed to him by Darling, which is what happened.

Did he, aye?

You must be annoyed the BT camp won't allowed UKIP to join them

no sure about that, that would mean some of them would have to come out of their bedroom, at their mums ;)

Unlike you having to cum in your mums room.

Problem is that any negotiations on the currency union would have to involve Trident remaining here full time.

That's the line in the sand the SNP certainly can't move from.

The Yes view appears to be 'you will cave on what you say you won't do as we ll just negotiate on it. Everything's on the table '

'Oh what Trident ? Oh that's non negotiable. We've said that and its off the table'.

Do you see the problem here?

And what is your view? A hodge-podge of shite soundbites, and BT retweets?

No sure. I would have wanted to slap that Mr Bairn student. Especially when he started stuttering when Ponsonby went back to him.

Guarantee free tuition? Who gave you that free tuition? Free tuition that Labour don't want you to have.

Archived