All Hurlford United Chat 2014/15

Killiepiyo

Are you a supporter of an other team that didn't win at Portland park. Portland park is sand based and drains very well also doesn't freeze very often thus quite firm most of the time.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it have been possible for this game to have been switched to Troon? Or would it be negligent for Hurlford to just give up home advantage so easily? With Hurlford still in with a shout of the title and with their ever amounting fixture list I would imagine still having games called off in May is the last thing they want/need.

Are you a supporter of an other team that didn't win at Portland park. Portland park is sand based and drains very well also doesn't freeze very often thus quite firm most of the time.

I wasn't blaming the pitch for us not winning but the fact remains. The pitch was bone dry and as dangerous as a frozen pitch.

Would it have been possible for this game to have been switched to Troon? Or would it be negligent for Hurlford to just give up home advantage so easily? With Hurlford still in with a shout of the title and with their ever amounting fixture list I would imagine still having games called off in May is the last thing they want/need.

Could possibly have but u would doing the fans who have season tickets out of money and a fixture

Portland Park was absolutely playable, thanks to Gus lol!

I'm sure the game could have been switched very easily. Might even have still been Hurlfords home game. I know Troon have done it before.

He's done ok at meadow park and Portland park I think pal

Pity he didn't do a decent job at Rugby Park or Fir Park. And look at the amount of games that Motherwell had to postpone a few seasons ago because of it.

No chance...no team in with a shout of winning anything is gonna give up home advantage...that would be mental.

Pity he didn't do a decent job at Rugby Park or Fir Park. And look at the amount of games that Motherwell had to postpone a few seasons ago because of it.

Last time a was at Troon, Portland never looked up to it's so called fantastic status. Goalmouths were awful, fenced off and there were bald patches in many places. A lot of stuff Gus does is superficial, needs hands on maintenance and quickly deteriorates when left for any period of time. That's why the man gets constant work, his pitches need it

how did you come to that conclusion?[/quote when do you want to play games if the park is to hard when we have a dry spell and to icey when its frosty oh and to wet at hurlford most of the time you must want to spend more time going round the shops on a Saturday

No chance...no team in with a shout of winning anything is gonna give up home advantage...that would be mental.

More mental than postponing a game and potentially having to cram 4 fixtures in within a week? I am not saying it was the right thing to do. Was just suggesting that it might have been an option given the vast amount of games Hurlford have left to fit in.

More mental than postponing a game and potentially having to cram 4 fixtures in within a week? I am not saying it was the right thing to do. Was just suggesting that it might have been an option given the vast amount of games Hurlford have left to fit in.

it cant be that bad as they don't have a game Monday ? the beaks must know what there doing :blink::1eye

Archived