Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic qualify through Champions route, which means all of the potential opponents are the Champions of the other weaker leagues in europe.

Almost all of whom have vastly inferior budgets to Celtic. Including Legia.

Celtic are massive spenders for this stage of the competition in their cherry picked route.

And yet were still absolutely routed.

Total embarrassment

Read the thread and the responses to your posts ya lazy chunt ... I see you cherry-picked your quote again and side stepped the rest ... you prefer snidey comments to third parties as opposed to straight talking I take it?

Straight talking, right... You sir, are a monumental bell-end whose posts sometimes stray into territory which suggests there are some issues with you, that probably need to be addressed.

Now can you please tell me which points you've made that you'd appreciate responses to? I have looked back and could only find stances which you'd invented for me and wanted me, somewhat curiously, to defend.

If you'd rather not, that's fine too though.

Really, it is.

Must be shite being a sevco fan when the only success you can celebrate is Celtic losing in europe

could be worse, could be a celtic fan who's seasonal highlight is posting in the rangers section on P&B because we had a shite result

i can think of a fucking few on here that fall into that category

Can't read obviously.

I may be a bellend in your opinion but you a chunt that hides behind weaselly phrases, makes sly digs to rile and pretends to 'reasonable".

Your assertion that CL money is calamitous and destroying the competitiveness of the league is utter bollix.

Celtic or the dead Rangers have always dominated the league (bar a few years others raised their game) with or without the CL monies. The CK monies changes nothing in that respect ... you'd still be playing for second spot regardless unless you raise your game. What does it change Mhonkey ... zilch ... zadda .. nixi ,.. nowt ... absolutely f**k all ...... !!

Any Scottish club that qualifies for Europe requires that income to sustain and mountain challenge on the European stage the following year. (not that we are doing so). Better results in the future may raise the co-ef make qualification for a second team easier .. making the money available to them for development.

I see nothing in your "reasoned"statement other than sour grapes and envy ... you may not like my opinion nor my interpretation of your sleekit posting style ....

For the record .. nobody 'hands us the money" ... Celtic earned it by investing (via Fergus) in a stadium, playing in the league and qualifying for the group stages (maybe not this year) ..

So when post shyte saying handed to us ,,, you wonder why you get pulled up ...

You're a proper bellend if think you're an innocent party in this exchange ,,.,

Of course CL money is not solely responsible for the massive gulf in resources. I don't in any post say or imply that it is. Take that money out of the equation and the OF (as was) would remain well out in front.

However, the sums involved in CL qualification are hugely significant in Scottish terms and make a bad situation for sporting competition a good bit worse. I'm not going to clap my hands about this happening.

It's like the debate over the OF contributing to sectarianism. Just as you can only attack me by pretending I'm claiming the OF created the problem from scratch; so here you need to pretend that I'm putting the disparity in wealth down solely to the CL, when of course, I never have.

I absolutely stand by the language that suggests the money is "handed" to Celtic by the way. You could almost call it unearned income. Given their resources, that money comes to them terribly cheaply and I'm not going to pretend otherwise to suit you. Fergus hardly took over a minnow now did he?

The argument about gains for other clubs is also weak. I'd welcome more European slots as they can afford clubs and fans an interesting, fun experience. Any financial boost though would be virtually negligible, and actually worthless when set against the CL monies that are effectively only available to the OF. Football finances are not absolute - they're entirely relative.

I've no wish to present myself as an "innocent party" in these discussions at all by the way. I've quite enjoyed them and I wouldn't describe you as "guilty" either.

I do think however that you're defending a pretty damaging situation purely because it suits your club and you're reluctant to admit that to yourself.

Aye right ye are !! :P;)

I stand my assertion yir a whinging diddie because we're pure loaded by the way .. :bounce1:guinness :guinness

I stand by the assertion that you're right.

The imbalance is scandalous and I've no plans to stop whinging about it.

I stand by the assertion that you're right.

The imbalance is scandalous and I've no plans to stop whinging about it.

I'm not sure DhenBhoy could cope with a title race like 1983 where 1 point separated Dundee Utd, Celtic & Aberdeen......

Did anyone use the Citylink bus service for the last game? If so how was it?

Ta much

It was terrible, half hour queue for the bus despite having a seat booked for a particular time, traffic on the motorway and particularly Corstorphine road was standstill at times and then we parked a trek away. Result: missed the first 15 minutes after leaving at 6. Way back was just as bad, had no idea where the busses were leaving from and they weren't using citylink busses so you couldn't just spot a yellow one and get on it, I never got one until just before 11.

Get the train!

It was terrible, half hour queue for the bus despite having a seat booked for a particular time, traffic on the motorway and particularly Corstorphine road was standstill at times and then we parked a trek away. Result: missed the first 15 minutes after leaving at 6. Way back was just as bad, had no idea where the busses were leaving from and they weren't using citylink busses so you couldn't just spot a yellow one and get on it, I never got one until just before 11.

Get the train!

Cheers for that, will look at the train.

We got caught out the same at Rekjavik game, left at 6-15 our supporters bus and missed the first ten mins or so, leaving at six this time, parking for coaches is horrendous, away up at the start of Corstorphine Rd.

A tad concerned about this security wise, doesnt seem any way of segregating in the ground and concourses, when you factor the amount of Poles living in Scotland combined with the 1st leg score, thousands of them will snap up general sale tickets and could lead to confrontation in the stands depending on how the game goes.

Didn't have you down as a trainspotter...

He's only watching it to spot the burds ..

He's Mark Renton ;)

Shut it...

Really ripping my knitting that I have to go through to Edinburgh for this game.

Archived