Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

This second chance could actually be bad for our co-efficient if Maribor beat Celtic...

Celtic will (IIRC) receive 1 coefficient point for the 3-0 walkover.

Unless you think they'd have won-&-drawn in EL playoff but will lose both legs to Maribor - or think they'd have won both legs in EL playoff but will lose-&-draw v Maribor... then it'll make no difference.

If they progress it'll represent a gain.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I say or imply that it would?

Obviously that won't happen, but giving them yet more money helps them move yet further away and makes the chances of them continuing to f**k up in domestic Cups, lesser.

Does it? It's not as if Celtic progressing to the group stages has seen them bag a treble every season? They've only completed a double once in the last three seasons They seem to have found a manager less competent than Neil Lennon, and he wasn't exactly f**k up free in the domestic cups.

Does it? It's not as if Celtic progressing to the group stages has seen them bag a treble every season? They've only completed a double once in the last three seasons They seem to have found a manager less competent than Neil Lennon, and he wasn't exactly f**k up free in the domestic cups.

That's a strange line you wish to peddle.

Having much more money will not aid Celtic's chances of winning more matches and competitions.

Good luck with your extraordinary theory.

GreenockRover, on 08 Aug 2014 - 11:58, said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tag..... = "c***s"

:lol::lol:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272235&st=0

ETA: One of my favourites.....so far....

AlCapone

Davie Cooper

True Blue

8,298 posts

Posted Today, 10:06 AM

View PostWillis1690, on 08 August 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Can someone explain this? Ive seen theyve been awarded 3-0 in a game, but wouldnt that make the score 4-6?

whats your IQ?

Page 15 is where the hilarity really begins for anyone interested.

Surely Maribor are worse than Legia? Anyway, I think Celtic need to get themselves in the market if they're going to have any chance at all. I'd actually rather Celtic took Stevie May than him go down south to probably achieve nothing. Should get a couple more players in too without letting any go....

Ultimately, the tactics are absolutely bogging and he'll be lucky to make it to Christmas.

Good luck.

Tbh, I really don't know how to feel.

We were well beaten by a better side, I would go as far to say we were shameful in our performances over the two legs.

The champions league is UEFA's premier tournament,there golden child....was always a chance they would come

to this decision....very very hard on the legia players who put a right good shift in during the ties.

There are 24 days left of the transfer window....unless we start buying some quality Maribor will beat us.

We are lacking in quite a few positions.

Upside in all this......bendy will be fuming when he comes onto the boards....going to be bold and suggest everyone has there bendy bingo dabbers at hand .LOL.

That's a strange line you wish to peddle.

Having much more money will not aid Celtic's chances of winning more matches and competitions.

Good luck with your extraordinary theory.

I've not said it won't aid them, I've pointed out that it doesn't mean they'll win every domestic trophy and that successive seasons of CL football haven't had any real impact on Celtic's ability to complete a domestic clean sweep.

Let's look at it MT:

2012/13 [Champion's League Group Stage + Last 16] = 1 League Title; 1 Scottish Cup; 0 League Cup

2013/14 [Champion's League Group Stage] = 1 League Title; 0 Scottish Cup; 0 League Cup

Let's look at some other seasons when they've reached the group stages:

01/02: 1 League Title

03/04: 1 League Title; 1 Scottish Cup

04/05: 1 Scottish Cup

06/07: 1 League Title; 1 Scottish Cup

07/08: 1 League Title

08/09: 1 League Cup

They've really cleaned up with all that Champion's League money. Not a single treble in the year's they've reached the group stage of the Champion's League. Even without Rangers, they've only got a 25% success rate in the domestic cups (winning 1 of 4 available).

Page 15 is where the hilarity really begins for anyone interested.

This could have been the chance to close the gap but now they will get the £10+ mil and keep the players.

Close the gap :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've not said it won't aid them, I've pointed out that it doesn't mean they'll win every domestic trophy and that successive seasons of CL football haven't had any real impact on Celtic's ability to complete a domestic clean sweep.

Let's look at it MT:

2012/13 [Champion's League Group Stage + Last 16] = 1 League Title; 1 Scottish Cup; 0 League Cup

2013/14 [Champion's League Group Stage] = 1 League Title; 0 Scottish Cup; 0 League Cup

Let's look at some other seasons when they've reached the group stages:

01/02: 1 League Title

03/04: 1 League Title; 1 Scottish Cup

04/05: 1 Scottish Cup

06/07: 1 League Title; 1 Scottish Cup

07/08: 1 League Title

08/09: 1 League Cup

They've really cleaned up with all that Champion's League money. Not a single treble in the year's they've reached the group stage of the Champion's League. Even without Rangers, they've only got a 25% success rate in the domestic cups (winning 1 of 4 available).

Why on earth have you gone to such trouble here?

I'm well aware that Celtic don't always win trebles and that since Rangers entered admin, Celtic have managed to screw up in 5 of 6 domestic Cup competitions.

I am however, suggesting that the more money they have, the stronger they should be.

It's truly startling that you wish to argue with this premise.

Close the gap :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people are saying that if it was their club they would want re-instated as well.

Well, I hope if it was Rangers, we would at least issue a statement along the lines of "We reluctantly accept that rules are rules but, in all honesty, it had no influence on the result as we were soundly beaten. As it was an administrative error a fine would suffice".

I know there's potentially a lot of money at stake but I genuinely hope that our club would show some true Rangers Class by, at least, reluctantly accepting the decision.

That lot, however are completely different.

Rules are Rules will be what they cling onto to justify this.

The bottom line is they were pumped and the introduction of a sub with about 2 min to play made absolutely no difference to the final result.

That lot have NO class, NO dignity, NO shame. It's the septic way!

Always cheated, never defeated. It's the septic way!

Remind me please, how many current and ex scum board members have a connection to UEFA

If there's one thing you can say of those running Rangers, it's that they'd turn down the chance of 15 million free pounds in order to uphold, ahem, "Rangers Class."

Honestly, as outrageous a decision it is (albeit correct by the letter of the law), the fall out from this has made it all worthwhile.

Absolutely hilarious how the Sevco lads are reacting, I think my favourite was the boy that wanted to send a 'dossier' of all of Celtics 'past crimes' to some Polish papers. What an absolute minter.

Looked at dispassionately (something I'm admittedly struggling with), this really has been an incredible turn of events.

The guy who was suspended did actually effectively serve a European suspension.

He made no material impact whatsoever, entering the fray so late.

The tie was won by a colossal margin.

The default score line awarded (3-0) happened to be the exact score Celtic needed on the night to proceed by the narrowest margin.

I'm not actually attempting to bleat about corruption in this post.

I'm merely highlighting how remarkable it is.

It's the very definition of a technicality, a situation in which no advantage is sought or gained. Again, I can accept that rules exist in order for them to be applied - that's fair enough. I obviously also accept that this outcome has not been Celtic's doing. They've been incredibly lucky though.

Are there any precedents quite as extreme as this one, in terms of such a large defeat, effectively being reversed?

Imagine if Legia had managed to stick away 1 of those pens in the 1st leg, none of this would have mattered then

I don't know if that's actually true, I've seen a suggestion it'd have been amended to make it 5-6 on aggregate.

I doubt you can win e.g. 4-0 then play loads of ineligible players in the 2nd leg knowing you're OK (unless you lost 5-0 or worse).

Looked at dispassionately (something I'm admittedly struggling with), this really has been an incredible turn of events.

The guy who was suspended did actually effectively serve a European suspension.

He made no material impact whatsoever, entering the fray so late.

The tie was won by a colossal margin.

The default score line awarded (3-0) happened to be the exact score Celtic needed on the night to proceed by the narrowest margin.

I'm not actually attempting to bleat about corruption in this post.

I'm merely highlighting how remarkable it is.

It's the very definition of a technicality, a situation in which no advantage is sought or gained. Again, I can accept that rules exist in order for them to be applied - that's fair enough. I obviously also accept that this outcome has not been Celtic's doing. They've been incredibly lucky though.

Are there any precedents quite as extreme as this one, in terms of such a large defeat, effectively being reversed?

You aren't really though are you? If this was St Johnstone or Aberdeen would you be as enraged as you are right now?

Think not.

To be fair, Henning Berg in particular should be very familiar with "administrative errors" that lead to difficulties with fielding "accidentally" ineligible players from which the team gains "no sporting advantage".

Still, he may still have some of the money he picked up from his EBT left. If he does and he's that distraught about this decision, he could commit suicide by withdrawing it all in cash and jumping off his wallet.

Archived