Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

A nice thought Jupe, but I think it's very likely that Celtic will overcome Maribor.

It can't happen too frequently, that the side beaten 6-1 enters the next round as seeds.

I wouldn't say it was very likely at all. They're fucking atrocious.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic will (IIRC) receive 1 coefficient point for the 3-0 walkover.

Unless you think they'd have won-&-drawn in EL playoff but will lose both legs to Maribor - or think they'd have won both legs in EL playoff but will lose-&-draw v Maribor... then it'll make no difference.

If they progress it'll represent a gain.

I wasn't being entirely serious...

it was the bit when it said "adopted by charlie nicholas" that got me followed by the closing "has a voice of an angel"

I particularly liked the "he writes poetry about imperialist oppression"!!

The whole article got a good laugh in here though, cheers.

With regards to the Legia player missing the 2 ties against St Pats, the fact they did not register him in the squad means they could potentially register someone else. This negates the punishment of a suspension as the "Extra" player could help them get through. That was probably also considered as part of the decision.

As for Celtic potentially saying "Thanks but no thanks". As a PLC I don't think they would actually be allowed to do that. The level of cash involved can make a serious difference to a business of their size and it would be serious deriliction of duty or whatever the f*ck it's called if they didn't jump at this with both hands. Not that they would have considered it otherwise.

Feel sorry for Legia, but their response(Going by twitter) is fairly dignified. Seems Celtic have appointed a shite manager, but the jammiest shite manager in the world.

With regards to the Legia player missing the 2 ties against St Pats, the fact they did not register him in the squad means they could potentially register someone else. This negates the punishment of a suspension as the "Extra" player could help them get through. That was probably also considered as part of the decision.

As for Celtic potentially saying "Thanks but no thanks". As a PLC I don't think they would actually be allowed to do that. The level of cash involved can make a serious difference to a business of their size and it would be serious deriliction of duty or whatever the f*ck it's called if they didn't jump at this with both hands. Not that they would have considered it otherwise.

Feel sorry for Legia, but their response(Going by twitter) is fairly dignified. Seems Celtic have appointed a shite manager, but the jammiest shite manager in the world.

Also a quite spectacular contortionist feat

Why on earth have you gone to such trouble here?

I'm well aware that Celtic don't always win trebles and that since Rangers entered admin, Celtic have managed to screw up in 5 of 6 domestic Cup competitions.

I am however, suggesting that the more money they have, the stronger they should be.

It's truly startling that you wish to argue with this premise.

And I'm arguing that a season without CL football wouldn't have made a difference whilst also laughing at your "UEFA has shafted Scottish football" line.

The Champions League need a strong Celtic FC. :)

Nope, although I suspect there's something in the notion that they'd quite like to have a present Celtic.

60,000 crowds, You'll Never walk Alone, Rod Stewart greetin'.

All part of the fabric of the marketing shit that makes their tournament the superficial, repetitive circus it's become.

Obviously, Celtic will be pish enoughto enable the really big boys to scrap over the actual prize, but clubs like Celtic have a part to play in the entire charade - certainly a bigger one than some bloody Poles.

I'd imagine it's helped them.

And I'm arguing that a season without CL football wouldn't have made a difference whilst also laughing at your "UEFA has shafted Scottish football" line.

Well I think it's pretty remarkable to suggest that a cash injection of at least £15m will be of no domestic benefit to a Scottish club.

I stand by the idea also that this decision has shafted Scottish football. That wasn't the intention and the effect would have been the same had Celtic won the tie in conventional fashion. It is however, the upshot.

Take some valium and have a wee lie down ... there, there !!

I might just do that, following my early bid for next week's Head Scone prize.

However, would you not agree that UEFA would prefer to have Celtic propping up a group than some Polish mob?

I've read one or two Celtic fans on Facebook being all diplomatic, saying Celtic should forfeit their place in the next round as it's the right thing to do.

Suit yourselves, if I was a Celtic fan I'd be fucking loving this.

I've read one or two Celtic fans on Facebook being all diplomatic, saying Celtic should forfeit their place in the next round as it's the right thing to do.

Anyone who thinks we should give it back is a fanny tbh. I'm loving this, it's worth it just for the Rangers Media seethe

That's very sporting and so on, but as a PLC Celtic have legal obligations to their shareholders. Walking away from a bumper payday is probably illegal for them!

Yes .. but it had absolutely no effect or influence on their decision. The rule was absolute as opposed to the one for ineligible players.

It went like this ...

Legia: "We have something to confess, we fielded a suspended player but it was only for four minutes and it was a genuine mistake".

EUFA: "Haud on while we check the rules and your paperwork".

Several minutes or hours later ...

EUFA: "Aye ye daft b*****ds so ye did ... bad news is it is an automatic forfeit ... 3 - 0 yir oot and playing in the Europa .. sorry"

Legia: "f**k ...!!!"

Their secretary last seen packing his bags and booking a flight to remote Siberia ....

The bears on Rangers Media seem to have a tough time grasping this and that UEFA did not have an option for leniency .. but they are not brightest. Any hint of wrongdoing on UEFA's part is tinfoil timfoil hat territory.

Archived