Confirmed Signings

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He only played 90 minutes in one game against St Johnstone last season, the one Hibs won 2-1, in one game he only played 20ish minutes. You're basically saying what your opinion was in roughly 180 minutes. I'll take Paul Hartley's opinion, possibly the only manager ever to win 3 back to back promotions in Scottish football history, over a a St Johnstone fan who, possibly, saw Thomson play 180 minutes. Thank you.

Okay.

He only played 90 minutes in one game against St Johnstone last season, the one Hibs won 2-1, in one game he only played 20ish minutes. You're basically saying what your opinion was in roughly 180 minutes. I'll take Paul Hartley's opinion, possibly the only manager ever to win 3 back to back promotions in Scottish football history, over a a St Johnstone fan who, possibly, saw Thomson play 180 minutes. Thank you.

How many times did Hartley watch him last season? And what difference does winning 3 back to back promotions make? Tommy wrights out only ever manger to win the scottish cup but he has still made signings that didn't work out like fallon and iwelumo

It's hilarious listening to the Dimdee supporters talk up their "acquisitions" of Thomson and McPake. One a perma crock past his best while the other a perma crock who never had a best.

The team I've been most impressed with has been County. Their signings have been astute and in general under the radar. If they could get shot of Adams I could see them finishing above their Highland rivals.

Just the 3 so far more to come

DUNDEE UNITED

IN CharlieTelfer (Sevco), Blair Spittal (Queens Park), Calum Morris (Dunfermline)

OUT Farid El Alagui (end of loan and released by Brentford), Gavin Gunning (Birmingham), Jimmy Gomis (Hearts), Dale Hilson, Ross Gilmour, Jordan Allan, Mark Russell, Phil Anderson and Luke Johnston (Released)

Casual Bystander, on 26 Jun 2014 - 21:15, said:

It's hilarious listening to the Dimdee supporters talk up their "acquisitions" of Thomson and McPake. One a perma crock past his best while the other a perma crock who never had a best.

The team I've been most impressed with has been County. Their signings have been astute and in general under the radar. If they could get shot of Adams I could see them finishing above their Highland rivals.

I absolutely despise Derek Adams, but if they got 'shot' of Adams I think they'd struggle badly and this was proven when he left them and Willie McStay came in. He's a dick of a man, but he's a good manager.

As for Thomson, the only reaction I've heard from Hibs fans is that they wish he was utilised more during the run up to their relegation as he could have perhaps been influential in helping them prevent it.

The reviews have been less than complimentary about McPake, but I think he's an improvement on what we had beforehand and he can help us provided he stays fit which is admittedly a hard ask.

Rowan Alexander was not managing Gretna at the time of their promotion to the SPL. I can't think of who else?

McCoist is on 2, correct on Alexander - although both of those are/would be very skewed examples - so come on Pie of the Month - pony up.

You clearly didn't see Thomson last season.

Even then one bad season doesn't define a season. If he's the main man and gets a full pre-season under him then I'd have expect him to do ok. Being in and out of a team isn't ideal.

For a team that's promoted it's natural to have to take a couple of chances on guys like that. Might not work but do you have a better idea?

I absolutely despise Derek Adams, but if they got 'shot' of Adams I think they'd struggle badly and this was proven when he left them and Willie McStay came in. He's a dick of a man, but he's a good manager.

As for Thomson, the only reaction I've heard from Hibs fans is that they wish he was utilised more during the run up to their relegation as he could have perhaps been influential in helping them prevent it.

The reviews have been less than complimentary about McPake, but I think he's an improvement on what we had beforehand and he can help us provided he stays fit which is admittedly a hard ask.

100% spot on on all counts. CB is such a pathetic troll attempt who has had many a disaster so far on P and B (having to lock a thread etc) but suggesting getting rid if Adams would improve RC is the stupidest thing he has posted - to date that is.

I absolutely despise Derek Adams, but if they got 'shot' of Adams I think they'd struggle badly and this was proven when he left them and Willie McStay came in.

That's a crazy bit of logic. Basically you are saying that Adams is good because McStay was rubbish. It's well known that McGregor was annoyed at having to fund Adams' winter transfer window shenanigans two seasons in a row. His jacket is on a shoogly peg.

100% spot on on all counts. CB is such a pathetic troll attempt who has had many a disaster so far on P and B (having to lock a thread etc) but suggesting getting rid if Adams would improve RC is the stupidest thing he has posted - to date that is.

You are as stupid as that other Dimdee fan that replied to me earlier. Is there something in the water up there?

Casual Bystander, on 26 Jun 2014 - 22:14, said:

That's a crazy bit of logic. Basically you are saying that Adams is good because McStay was rubbish. It's well known that McGregor was annoyed at having to fund Adams' winter transfer window shenanigans two seasons in a row. His jacket is on a shoogly peg.

If that's all you took out of that statement then you really are as stupid as you come across.

Things werent right at hibs last season so it would be unfair to pin it on one player (Mcpake) or one specific thing, hopefully his luck with injuries and cards in derbies continues though ;)

Rowan Alexander was not managing Gretna at the time of their promotion to the SPL. I can't think of who else?

He managed them until the end of March, the fact Irons managed the last 6 of 36 games doesn't make it less his achievement. Their 1st division title is more his achievement than Dundee's title win is Hartley's.

Pie Of The Month, on 26 Jun 2014 - 22:19, said:

He managed them until the end of March, the fact Irons managed the last 6 of 36 games doesn't make it less his achievement. Their 1st division title is more his achievement than Dundee's title win is Hartley's.

We had Bomber Brown in charge. It's a hell of an achievement that Hartley got us promoted.

:lol: so we agree Alexander wasn't in charge - who else or are you going to admit you've made a c**t of yourself?

Casual Bystander, on 26 Jun 2014 - 22:21, said:

That WAS your argument, Adams is good because when McStay took over they were shite. Don't blame me for your flawed logic.

Adams has done a fantastic job at County, when McStay took over they were absolutely woeful and looked like contenders for relegation to the 2nd division, Adams came back and has again done another great job at the club. My logic, you absolute imbecile was that Adams has done a fantastic job at County. He's raised their expectations because of the good job he's done that at the mid-point of last season could even be considered a disappointment.

I'm not debating with you, because you're quite obviously a troll and I'll leave it to the County fans to go into detail of how much pish you're slavering here.

Archived