Usa v belgium,bbc one 9pm

kevthedee

I hope the US get utterly pumped just because I find the Yanks happy clappy brand of fandom revolting.

I quite like it. Much better than the moaning and the usual few chants Scottish clubs have that. I think those fan parties look like great fun. Scottish football is so dull, drab, colourless, unimaginative and boring when it comes to support.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folk can patronise America and roll out all the usual stuff, but it simply isn't relevant any more. They are a team that is getting better and their league continues to grow and get stronger as well as more popular. They have facilities we can only dream of. The teams look like they actually give a shit about their fans as well.

I'm not sure they will be a team that regularly reaches finals or semi finals as teams like Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France and Italy will always produce good teams and players, but they can become a team who regularly gets out of their group and occasionally go further.

Frankly they are years ahead of Scotland in all aspects.

Calm doon. I don't think they would of qualified for the WC out of the group we were in for starters and the teams on paper aren't miles apart either. No see the shitfest at Hampden recently? They'll have better facilities obviously, it's America they have better everything than the whole world. And I don't understand why you'd say the Scottish players don't give a shit about Scotland fans?

. And I don't understand why you'd say the Scottish players don't give a shit about Scotland fans?

I mean the clubs in terms of how they treat their fans and cater to them

Argentina don't regularly reach finals or semi-finals either. Agree with the rest though. It's almost impossible not to like their fans.

I still don't want them to win though.

Seriously? Thought their fans were dicks outside Hampden after that friendly last year. Though I'm not sure how many were actually football fans, rather than expat American students in the UK who came to support an American team and didn't really care about the sport.

f**k off. The SSB is a brilliant anthem. Almost on a par with La Marseillaise.

So so wrong. I hate the overuse of the word dirge when it comes to anthems but it definitely is the definition.

And the Italian tops La Marseillaise unless La Marseillaise is being sung in a pub in Morocco.

I mean the clubs in terms of how they treat their fans and cater to them

Fair enough. Don't think the SFA are that bad either personally.

I do love their optimism so wouldn't mind if they went through although I think a Belgium v Argentina game would be better in the quarters!

Seriously? Thought their fans were dicks outside Hampden after that friendly last year. Though I'm not sure how many were actually football fans, rather than expat American students in the UK who came to support an American team and didn't really care about the sport.

I haven't been to any of their men's team's games, so if that's what they were like in Glasgow then fair enough. I'm mainly going off TV and encountering them at the women's football at the Olympics.

I won't go to my grave until they've made Goal 4.

Hold up; there's a Goal 3?! I've seen the first 2 and was engaged in young Santi's journey. What happened to the lad?

Archived