2014-15 Predictions

1: Dunfermline - some good signings, especially Moffat. He should score 30+ this season.

2: Morton - staying full time will allow them to attract some decent players and should do well.

3: Stenhousemuir - went to our game at Stirling Uni yesterday and we comfortably beat Dumbarton 2-1. Played some great stuff and were pretty solid at the back. Going to 3 nights a week training can only be a benefit. Possibility of some tinted glasses though.

4: Peterhead - I fancy them to do well this year. A bit of money behind then, McAllister could score a barrel load again.

5: Airdrie - I think Bollan will continue to improve Airdrie. A solid season on the cards this year.

6: Stirling - made a some decent signings in Dorris and both Smiths. Can see them doing well.

7: Ayr - don't think they've brought anyone of real note in and lost Moffat and Lithgow too. Reckon they will be a pretty average team this year.

8: Forfar - don't really fancy them to do well this season. Still cannot believe Hamilton bought Darren Hill!

9: Brechin - a team with Steven Jackson and Colin Hamilton in defence will leak goals. Think they'll finish in playoffs but win them after sacking McKinnon in January.

10: Stranraer - lost Grehan and Stirling off the back of a good season. Think they'll struggle to replace them and go back down to the 4th tier.

No doubt the majority of the above will be complete guff come May!

No, it's complete guff already. Cant understand how Dunfermline and Morton are at the top of everyones league. Full time they may be but that does not mean they have better players, only a chance to have them a little fitter. Part time football suits many excellent footballers who also have a full time job. I think a few surprises are in the offing. Oh and p.s. ------ watch out for THE LOONS !!!!!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup its pretty difficult to understand why several people are backing a side who finished miles ahead of the rest and would have won the league had it not been for Rangers being in the division. The very same side who have strengthened their team by adding three of the stand out players from last season, including the best striker in the league.

Very difficult to comprehend why anyone would expect them to finish top.

I think it's clear Dunfermline will romp it, Morton you'd expect to be 2nd and I think they'll definitely be at least in the playoffs.

Dunfermline have lost a couple but added a proven goalscorer which they didn't have last year. I think it's the quality of the squad that'll make the difference with staying full time a bonus.

Morton have had a bit of an overhaul but Barrowman should get goals and they will likely have more quality than the part time teams.

The rest is really difficult to predict. You could make a case for any of the teams to finish between 2nd to 10th which should make for an exciting league.

The Cowden playoff game showed how a part time team can easily outplay and outfight a full time outfit.

Over a season full time should be a bonus.

Midfield and upfront we are fine but still lack a decent defensive right back, experienced defender and a big man option upfront.

For all out fancy passing and play teams like Forfar can just hoofball us off the park and we have no answer.

Lost out from mistakes from day one till the playoff, our attacking play and goals masked this.

Just wish potter was a few years younger because he marshalled the defence superbly when he played against rangers.

The Cowden playoff game showed how a part time team can easily outplay and outfight a full time outfit.

Over a season full time should be a bonus.

Midfield and upfront we are fine but still lack a decent defensive right back, experienced defender and a big man option upfront.

For all out fancy passing and play teams like Forfar can just hoofball us off the park and we have no answer.

Lost out from mistakes from day one till the playoff, our attacking play and goals masked this.

Just wish potter was a few years younger because he marshalled the defence superbly when he played against rangers.

To be fair, the part time team that beat you in the play offs was one used to playing in a full time league and had some very good players - Hemmings for example. There is no doubt though that both Morton and Dunfermline find it hard to compete with the bigger part time clubs for experienced players who have a career outside football. A guy who is say, a policeman playing part time football with a team like Dumbarton is going to earn comfortably £35-40k and the smaller full time teams can't compete with that except for an odd player.

Yup its pretty difficult to understand why several people are backing a side who finished miles ahead of the rest and would have won the league had it not been for Rangers being in the division. The very same side who have strengthened their team by adding three of the stand out players from last season, including the best striker in the league.

Very difficult to comprehend why anyone would expect them to finish top.

Perhaps when you scrape past Spartans on penalties !!!! and they are only a part time/part time team.

:lol: Is this guy for real?

If you had even bothered to read the match report, you would have realised that we played our youth team against Spartans today.

What relevance does that have to our first team squad that finished miles ahead of everyone bar Rangers last season?

Having watched our friendly yesterday v Livi I think we'll romp it!

Pre season is never a good time to base the season ahead on. Last season Morton beat Motherwell 2-0 at Cappielow and then St Mirren 4-2 in the Renfrewshire cup. We then went on to have the worst season in living memory.

1. Dunfermline - by at least 10 points, just a striker and defender needed and squad complete

2. Morton - will attract good players for this league and finish second comfortably

3. Airdrie - bollan converted a poor airdrie into a very good side and I think it will continue

4. Peterhead - decent strikers and I fancy them to do well

5. Stenhousemuir - I think there the best out of the teams below

6. Forfar - meh, too good for the drop, not good enough for playoffs

7. Ayr - will struggle but will have good enough squad to keep clear of bottom

8. Stirling - will probably fight it out with bottom 2 to stay up

9. Stranraer - lost best players and don't think will have same quality, last season was a one off

10. Brechin - didn't do anything to convince me last season and think they will go down

:lol: Is this guy for real?

If you had even bothered to read the match report, you would have realised that we played our youth team against Spartans today.

What relevance does that have to our first team squad that finished miles ahead of everyone bar Rangers last season?

You can forgive him. He's fae Farfar !

Archived