2014-15 Predictions

I'm deeply troubled by the number of posters predicting we'll "walk it". We tend to walk bugger all. We should win it but I think Morton and some other teams will have something to say about it. I feel Forfar have made some good additions and will be around the play-offs.

1. Dunfermline

2. Morton

3. Forfar

4. Ayr United

5. Airdrieonians

6. Stenhousemuir

7. Stranraer

8. Peterhead

9. Brechin City

10. Stirling Albion

Based on pure guesswork, as I think from 3-8 you can move all of them about. The good news for Brechin and Stirling fans is that my predictions are continually garbage, so you'll both no doubt enjoy a good season.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm deeply troubled by the number of posters predicting we'll "walk it". We tend to walk bugger all. We should win it but I think Morton and some other teams will have something to say about it. I feel Forfar have made some good additions and will be around the play-offs.

1. Dunfermline

2. Morton

3. Forfar

4. Ayr United

5. Airdrieonians

6. Stenhousemuir

7. Stranraer

8. Peterhead

9. Brechin City

10. Stirling Albion

Based on pure guesswork, as I think from 3-8 you can move all of them about. The good news for Brechin and Stirling fans is that my predictions are continually garbage, so you'll both no doubt enjoy a good season.

I have a feeling Airdrie will be the surprise package this season. They were gaining momentum towards the end of the last campaign. If they get off to a good start then they will be hard to catch.

I assume you never noticed they lost their best players of that run and haven't replaced them?

Dunfermline (will piss it)

Forfar

Morton

Stenhousemuir

Stranraer

Peterhead

Ayr

Brechin

Airdrie

Stirling Albion

Dunfermline should absolutely walk the league by a 15-20 point margin. The rest look crap without any real cannon fodder at the bottom. Though with Duffy at the helm that could actually be ourselves again. Unless we unearth very good creative players in the next month then we won't score remotely enough goals to sustain a title challenge.

Dunfermline

Airdrie

Peterhead

Morton

Stenhousemuir

Forfar

Stranraer

Brechin

Ayr

Stirling

I assume you never noticed they lost their best players of that run and haven't replaced them?

Forfar

Morton

Stenhousemuir

Stranraer

Peterhead

Ayr

Brechin

Airdrie

Stirling Albion

Look at the job Bollan did though. A few Airdrie posters seem happy with not only the signings but the youngsters coming through.

I (genuinely) look forward to seeing what Scott Booth can do with you guys. By Scottish Football's standards he has always come across as a bright guy and seemed to comfortably adjust to life on the continent as a player.

I'm still a wee bit undecided on whether JJ is either a dinosaur or a renaissance man but even if we don't run away with the league it should be pretty cutthroat just behind us so the odd bad result shouldn't be too critical.

Fair shout sticking Forfar high up - very decent squad.

Few points from me for now:

- Dunfermline fans seem to be reacting to Forfar signing Husband as an indicator of how their season is going to go, imo. Seems a bit premature although they look a fair bit better than I thought they were shaping up a while back

- Airdrie: seems to be about how many goals their strikers can muster (not to be too obvious). Procter looks a good signing but, as said, the squad doesn't look massively great. If their strikers have good seasons then play-offs are a reality, if not then it could be a bit of a struggle. I'd say Bollan was a significant asset, though

- Stenny: Not too sure, it all looks a bit too experimental for me and I genuinely think it could be a relegation battle, with it being a bit disjointed and too many gamble signings

- Brechin: A bit all over the place at the moment. Have to see if the squad improves over the next few weeks, otherwise a bit of a languish for them

- Morton: too many people automatically slotting them in second place as the full-time also-ran. Seriously not convinced by their signings or manager. Duffy seems to be going down the route of gambling on younger guys that want to prove themselves. Problem there is they might not. Let's face it it's finally been proven that full-time football, in itself, means f**k all in the lower leagues.

Generally the teams won't be that far apart in quality and, not to sit on the fence too much, the final placings won't depend on perceived quality of squad but how individuals perform over the season, how signings work out, injuries, suspensions, managerial input etc. It might really come down to the subtle things more than ever this season. Anyone correctly predicting the order of placings this year deserves millionaire status, in my view.

Forfar

Morton

Stenhousemuir

Stranraer

Peterhead

Ayr

Brechin

Airdrie

Stirling Albion

Your assumptions are usually based on whether or not you like anyone / team, so we will just wait and see how it all pans out.

• 2 weeks later...

Champions - Dunfermline

Play-offs, in no particular order - Morton, Stenhousemuir, Ayr

Nowhere Teams, again in no particular order - Airdrie, Stranraer, Forfar, Peterhead

Relegation Playoff - Brechin

Automatic Relegation - Stirling Albion

Dunfermline

---------------------------------------------

Morton

Forfar

Airdrie

Ayr

Brechin

Stirling

Peterhead

Stenhousemuir

Stranraer

1. Dunfermline

2. Morton

3. Forfar

4. Ayr United

5. Airdrieonians

6. Stenhousemuir

7. Stranraer

8. Peterhead

9. Brechin City

10. Stirling Albion

Unless your team/manager/board/fans get real and stop thinking that they will"walk it" you certainly won't. You had that mentality last season and how did that end up? Also you were right about Forfar, although we are only still saying that as far as we are concerned, we hope to do well.

Unless your team/manager/board/fans get real and stop thinking that they will"walk it" you certainly won't. You had that mentality last season and how did that end up? Also you were right about Forfar, although we are only still saying that as far as we are concerned, we hope to do well.

Eh? We didn't have any we'll walk it attitude last season and we ended up playing friendlies for half a season and still finishing well ahead of everybody else.

Have you read my post, and that of others? Point me in the direction where I, and others, said we'll "walk it". What we've said is that, given we are the biggest club in the league, with the players we signed in the summer and given we were 14 points ahead of third last year, then we should win it. Not too unreasonable, really.

Do you honestly believe we had the same mentality last season? Most of us said we should make the play-offs and that Rangers would win the league. Which is exactly what happened.

As for your belief our team and BoD think we'll romp to the league - :lol:

• 5 months later...

Brechin fans shouldn't read threads like this they are too precious.

Another garbage season under the clueless McKinnon awaits. Deal with it.

:lol:

Dunfermline should absolutely walk the league by a 15-20 point margin. The rest look crap without any real cannon fodder at the bottom. Though with Duffy at the helm that could actually be ourselves again. Unless we unearth very good creative players in the next month then we won't score remotely enough goals to sustain a title challenge.

Dunfermline

Airdrie

Peterhead

Morton

Stenhousemuir

Forfar

Stranraer

Brechin

Ayr

Stirling

The only thing you are getting right seems to be the bottom 2 !!! :lol:

Archived