anyone got a spare triathlon ticket?

beaver1

I did that at London 2012, found a spot where the Serpentine (for the swimming) and some long straight road (for the cycling) were close together and the running in Hyde Park curved its way between them.

It's was quite underwhelming, tbh. Lack of elevation and big crowds meant I saw very little of the swimming - which of course only goes past once. No issue getting a spot on the barriers for the cycling although they just tend to whizz past in 1s and 2s. Then, rather like with the swimming stage, what I saw of the running was basically heads distanttly bobbing past.

Not sure of the layout at Strathclyde CP or what the crowd is likely to amount to... so it could be better. Advice is get there early, go to a spot where all the disciplines pass, and if possible go to a spot with slopes.

I'm working at the triathlon, and apparently the expected unticketed crowd is anywhere between 10,000 and 150,000 and it's so uncertain that they can't be more precise than that. I'm not sure if sectors are marked on spectator maps and guides, but sector 4 (just across the lake from the swim and along a bit) is the crossover point where you'll see both the cycling and running. If you miss it once, they're doing six laps on the bikes. If you're attending the mixed team relay on the 26th, the distances covered are much smaller so the routes are slightly different.

I'm working at the triathlon, and apparently the expected unticketed crowd is anywhere between 10,000 and 150,000 and it's so uncertain that they can't be more precise than that. I'm not sure if sectors are marked on spectator maps and guides, but sector 4 (just across the lake from the swim and along a bit) is the crossover point where you'll see both the cycling and running. If you miss it once, they're doing six laps on the bikes. If you're attending the mixed team relay on the 26th, the distances covered are much smaller so the routes are slightly different.

150,000?!??!? :blink:

Archived