Day trip/spa day.

Hi guys,

Looking to take the missus away for a spa day and stay over night this Saturday. Anyone got any recommendations?

Kids away for the night and it is not very often we get the day and night to ourselves so just looking to treat ourselves! Cheers!

I took the missus to the Marine Hotel in Troon for her birthday, wasn't cheap but it was a great wee break. Didn't get a spa treatment but the leisure facilities were excellent, as was the meal in the Two fat Ladies Restaurant.

I took the missus to the Marine Hotel in Troon for her birthday, wasn't cheap but it was a great wee break. Didn't get a spa treatment but the leisure facilities were excellent, as was the meal in the Two fat Ladies Restaurant.

I've been there too and it's lovely. If the OP fancies this, have a look at sites like Groupon, 5pm and so on. They're always popping up on there with spa deals and stuff.

Yep, been there too and it was also great.

Not really had the 'spa treatment' myself. It's my sister that says it's good. The food is good though, and the staff are nice.

Plus St Andrews is a lovely part of our country, and you could take a spin up/down the Fife coast.

Seem to remember there's a seafood restaurant on the promenade which is expensive but good.

(Edit=typos)

You can often get pretty good deals at The Fairmont. On site restaurants are usually pretty good and, if you're looking for a lighter lunch type meal, The Clubhouse there is a good shout - amazing views!

The seafood restaurant (mentioned by Slenderman) is simply named The Seafood Restaurant. Seafood isn't my thing, but folk do rave about it. A wee stroll towards the Old Course and West Sands beach (from Chariots of Fire) afterwards is always nice as well. Alternatively, skip dessert and head to Janettas (on Southern Street) for some fab ice cream.

Alternatively, head down the coast to Anstruther, where you can get a 'sit in' meal at the famous Anstruther Fish Bar. There's also The Cellar Restaurant, for some top notch food.

I've been there too and it's lovely. If the OP fancies this, have a look at sites like Groupon, 5pm and so on. They're always popping up on there with spa deals and stuff.

Yup did this too, was very nice and reasonable, just went for a night, pretty sure the better half got it on groupon. I got pissed and made an arse of myself :thumsup2 #lad

Not really had the 'spa treatment' myself. It's my sister that says it's good. The food is good though, and the staff are nice.

My missus took me to the Fairmont for my 40th, and booked me in for a massage, I would thoroughly recommend it, no happy ending though. :P

Out with term time, St Andrews is pretty decent as it isn't swarming with the Canterbury tracksuited rugby wankers. For food, I'd go to Nahm Jim, the Thai place up the high street. Food is unreal and I'm sure it won some accolade of being the best Thai restaurant in Britain, on a Gordon Ramsay programme a few years back.

Sad news from Nahm Jim earlier this week, I'm afraid....

'We are now closed.

Due to circumstances beyond our control Nahm-Jim’s has unfortunately, and with great sadness to all involved, had to cease trading.

We would like to sincerely thank each and every one of our valued customers who have dined with us and supported us over the last 11 years.

We are proud to have delivered an exceptional standard of food during this time, however, with the ever growing increase in both costs and local competition the business was no longer financially viable.

We would like to thank all those that have helped us over the years and apologise to all those inconvenienced by our closure.'

http://nahm-jim.co.uk

Cheers for all the tips.

Got an excellent deal on lastminuet.com for the Carona McDonald hotel in Peebles which included 2 night stay, 3 course meal with breakest on each day, a round of golf, two spa treaments (the missus had them) all for £250!

Really enjoyed it and the food was outstanding. Golf course was braw as well!

Cheers!

Archived