Waycists!

Mrs M.....just going off at a tangent but what are you reading to your weans? Has 'kid lit' moved on from the delightful Gruffalo, Hairy MacLary and 'Room on the Broom'?

We're at Dr Seuss just now. We've been through the Gruffalo and Room on the Broom stages and we're on to trippy, acid-induced nonsense rhymes. I do not like that Sam I am.

We're at Dr Seuss just now. We've been through the Gruffalo and Room on the Broom stages and we're on to trippy, acid-induced nonsense rhymes. I do not like that Sam I am.

I seem to recall buying one Dr Seuss book and thinking, "Naw, I prefer my weans to learn English".

I seem to recall buying one Dr Seuss book and thinking, "Naw, I prefer my weans to learn English".

The Cat In The Hat speaks perfect English. He's just a messy b*****d who only goes to visit kids when their parents aren't home, the weirdo.

Of course she means it - and there will be (so called) educated people lapping that stuff up.

Newspaper columnists like radio shock jocks tend to go a bit overboard to create a talking point that helps boost circulation or ratings. She doesn't necessarily have to believe it to be able to do that effectively, but agree that there definitely is a target audience that is expected to lap this up.

What a load of crap. Some of the diesels are good guys too. Gordon's a steamie and he's a c**t.

Remember when the diesels took over the steam works and caused havoc? It was assumed they were just being typical diesel c***s but it turned out they were doing it to highlight the piss poor conditions of the diesel works, which the fat controller subsequently agreed to renovate. I thought the guardian would like that allegory of bolshevism.

The Guardian Comment is Free section is just filled with click bait. They must be raking it in.

And yet the Graun continues to lose money hand over fist.

I quite like Laurie Penny most of the time. That article is a bit pish though. I do feel like a lot of lefty liberal types in Britain really don't get football. They seem to either be like her in thinking its just a festival of ghastly nationalism, misogyny and homophobia, or they seem to feign interest in a weirdly self-consciously hipsterish way.

Laurie Penny manages to find misogyny anywhere. Anyone who uses 'solidarity' in a sentence without being ironic instability makes me suspicious. Most of her articles sound are like Owen Jones' articles but with added whining about misogyny and the fact polygamous relationships are still seen by many as abnormal.

I think there might be a competition in the intellectual left about who can write the whiniest article about the least important thing possible.

Laurie Penny manages to find misogyny anywhere. Anyone who uses 'solidarity' in a sentence without being ironic instability makes me suspicious. Most of her articles sound are like Owen Jones' articles but with added whining about misogyny and the fact polygamous relationships are still seen by many as abnormal.

I think there might be a competition in the intellectual left about who can write the whiniest article about the least important thing possible.

A bit like Johann Hari.

Archived