Summerslam 2014

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually watch it the next day on upwrestling (just stick up wrestling into google). That site just finds daily motion links in hd as well

Watched WM29 the day after on upwrestling (was in germany for the weekend) so couldn't watch it live. I still feel generally sorry for those that paid to watch that pathetic PPV.

Eoin Doyle, on 17 Aug 2014 - 16:53, said:

Watched WM29 the day after on upwrestling (was in germany for the weekend) so couldn't watch it live. I still feel generally sorry for those that paid to watch that pathetic PPV.

30 and 27 were just as bad in many ways!

Can't see them improving much next year either without Taker. More and more it looks like a dreadful decision to have Taker lose the streak. Even if Taker wasn't able to put on a quality match this year, he brings in the big views for Mania. The shine of the spectacle is diminished ever so slightly I think.

30 and 27 were just as bad in many ways!

Can't see them improving much next year either without Taker. More and more it looks like a dreadful decision to have Taker lose the streak. Even if Taker wasn't able to put on a quality match this year, he brings in the big views for Mania. The shine of the spectacle is diminished ever so slightly I think.

:huh::blink:

30 was indeed fantastic. It's one of my favourites. It would be my favourite if it didn't waste The Shield. The opening and closing matches are twi of my all time favourites as well.

Very surprised to read that people enjoyed WM30. Other than The Shield's match and obviously the recognition for Bryan, I thought it was very average considering it was supposed to be the biggest Mania ever.

The opening match in Mania 30 is arguably the best ever opening match in Mania history.

The Taker match is one of the most memorable in wrestling history (for the outcome).

The main event was a brilliant match and a great culmination to the Bryan storyline. One of the best feel good outcomes in Mania history.

DA Baracus, on 17 Aug 2014 - 22:14, said:

The opening match in Mania 30 is arguably the best ever opening match in Mania history.

The Taker match is one of the most memorable in wrestling history (for the outcome).

The main event was a brilliant match and a great culmination to the Bryan storyline. One of the best feel good outcomes in Mania history.

The Taker match, shock aside was probably Taker's worst performance since, well before he became the Phenom again. Agree with you on the Main Event, really enjoyed Bryan getting the feel good win but as I said, that aside, it wasn't special. I suppose we all have differing opinions though!

Anyways, onto tonight: Brock simply has to win, or if he loses it's got to be through a DQ of some sort for absolutely pulverising Cena. Looking forward to Wyatt vs Jericho think that'll be an entertaining watch but have a few concerns with some of the other matches. Will let it play out though, looking forward to it.

I can see a heel and a face turn in this Lumberjack match, one of the Lumberjacks will let Rollins escape for a bit and another (who is meant to be a heel) will stop Rollins escaping, I suppose he'd be doing his job... but hopefully you all catch my drift.

As for WM30 i thought it was decent, but could be better. I think it will go down as the fans 'mania as I don't think many if any of the WWE universe didn't want to see Bryan succeed. Some matches were forgettable though, Wyatt's entrance aside his match with Cena was average at best, completely forgot the shield took part and the battle royale match turned out to be a waste of time as Cesaro has not received any sort of a push from it. They were as well giving it to Heath Slater.

Archived