Serie A 2014/2015

Zanetti

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parma's president and owner has been arrested on charges of money laundering and embezzlement, ahead of the bankruptcy hearing tomorrow.

Also seems like Donadoni is being lined up to takeover at Milan if Inzaghi gets the boot.

Parma's president and owner has been arrested on charges of money laundering and embezzlement, ahead of the bankruptcy hearing tomorrow.

Also seems like Donadoni is being lined up to takeover at Milan if Inzaghi gets the boot.

Never a dull day

The situation at Parma gets less boring by the hour!

It now looks possible that the hearing tomorrow could be postponed after Manenti's arrest. It could also put doubt in Parma's ability to complete their fixtures moving forward as they'll effectively be working with no funds (again) and the loan from the league is only guaranteed in the case of bankruptcy.

Manenti can also opt out of the hearing to let it go ahead, but going by his previous statements it doesn't seem like something he'd be willing to do.

Just heard on Talksport that Parma have been declared bankrupt.....then they start blabbing about something else.

So does this mean liquidation?

Not quite.

Administrators will be appointed and the money the club were due to be given from the league will be passed to them to help the club finish the season, which apparently is being funded by fines incurred by other clubs. Although there's no guarantees the players will actually play.

New owners can take over the club as long as they agree to pay the clubs sporting debts (around 50m euro), and if that happens they can register to play in Serie B next season. The debt would need to be paid by the end of June, otherwise they'd have to start from the amateur leagues.

I can't see anyone coming in now and paying of the debts. Far too much owed

There's been rumours over the last week of a couple of different parties who are apparently interested, but having to pay off such a large amount in a short space of time might just put them off now.

Edit: Other sources are saying the sporting debt could actually be closer to 75m euros.

Fiorentina 3-0 up in Rome just now. I will be stunned if they finish in the champions league places tbh. Falling apart at the seems. Hope they can recover but with Fiorentina, lazio and Napoli breathing down their neck I can't see them holding on. Even Sampdoria in the mix too!

Fiorentina 3-0 up in Rome just now. I will be stunned if they finish in the champions league places tbh. Falling apart at the seems. Hope they can recover but with Fiorentina, lazio and Napoli breathing down their neck I can't see them holding on. Even Sampdoria in the mix too!

Lazio are going to finish second, they're on fire right now and they couldn't have picked a better time.

Lazio are going to finish second, they're on fire right now and they couldn't have picked a better time.

Yup, my favourites for second as well. Napoli to take 3rd, IMO.

I don't think they will, but Fiorentina are in with a shout too. Their recent fixtures have been horrendous but they've ended them relatively unscathed, only losing to Lazio. Samp at home, Napoli and Juventus away, but other than that they have a comparably easy run of fixtures.

Anyway, the full extent of Parma's debts have been revealed. The debt stands at 218,446,754 euros, with 10m owed to banks, 74,360,912 in sporting debt and 25m in tax liabilities. Incredible.

Also London-based businessman Alfredo Scaccia has expressed an interest in taking over the 'sporting identity' of the club.

Archived