Serie A 2014/2015

Zanetti

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't remember the last time I watched a domestic Italian game on the telly. Are there still plenty of snore fest games or has the Italian footballing ideology evolved any?

To me it's very much the Fosters Lager of the football world. Would rather watch lower league Scottish/English games whilst being stung by a thousand bees.

You could always try to watch a game yourself instead of believing shite stereotypes that were outdated even 10 years ago.

You could always try to watch a game yourself instead of believing shite stereotypes that were outdated even 10 years ago.

That's fair, except I'll refuse to watch Roma at the moment. They are conforming to stereotype recently from what I've seen.

I think European football in terms of prices is incredible, I paid £15 for a Fiorentina ticket on the night. Why we in Scotland and particularly England think scamming fans out of cash, is right is beyond me.

Will they pasta each other?

b*****d, had that pun lined up for a follow up post. :death

They're loving the scissor/overhead kicks this season. That was lovely though.

Can't remember the last time I watched a domestic Italian game on the telly. Are there still plenty of snore fest games or has the Italian footballing ideology evolved any?

To me it's very much the Fosters Lager of the football world. Would rather watch lower league Scottish/English games whilst being stung by a thousand bees.

Idiot found.

Anyway, Lazio won their 8th(!) league game in a row to move about Roma in to 2nd. What a fucking run they're on and they're playing some wonderful stuff as well. It's a shame Mauri isn't a couple of years younger as he's been superb this year. Juve v Lazio later in the week should be a belter, the Milan derby on Sunday as well.

That's fair, except I'll refuse to watch Roma at the moment. They are conforming to stereotype recently from what I've seen.

I think European football in terms of prices is incredible, I paid £15 for a Fiorentina ticket on the night. Why we in Scotland and particularly England think scamming fans out of cash, is right is beyond me.

Recently, perhaps. They were actually very good earlier in the season, yet have completely regressed in to a dull, turgid outfit, particularly compared to sides around them in Lazio, Juve and Fiorentina. Could probably include Napoli as well, but don't enjoy watching them as much as the other three.

Recently, perhaps. They were actually very good earlier in the season, yet have completely regressed in to a dull, turgid outfit, particularly compared to sides around them in Lazio, Juve and Fiorentina. Could probably include Napoli as well, but don't enjoy watching them as much as the other three.

Well yeah, they were fine at the start of the season, carrying on last seasons for. Recently they've turned into and I mean this in the nicest way, the St Johnstone of Serie A. Score a goal and then shitfest it. You look at their team with the likes of Pjanic, Destro, Totti, etc and go they should be good to watch. Just now they're not which is a crying shame.

They were excellent last yeah, much like Lazio this year, but they haven't taken that next step like many thought they might. Once again making it too easy for Juve, considering Napoli and Fiorentina are so inconstant and then you've got the fallen giants in Milan.

b*****d, had that pun lined up for a follow up post. :death

They're loving the scissor/overhead kicks this season. That was lovely though.

Idiot found.

Anyway, Lazio won their 8th(!) league game in a row to move about Roma in to 2nd. What a fucking run they're on and they're playing some wonderful stuff as well. It's a shame Mauri isn't a couple of years younger as he's been superb this year. Juve v Lazio later in the week should be a belter, the Milan derby on Sunday as well.

Yes, I'm definitely an idiot cause when I last bothered to watch Italian football it was honk.

Jesus wept.

Well yeah, they were fine at the start of the season, carrying on last seasons for. Recently they've turned into and I mean this in the nicest way, the St Johnstone of Serie A. Score a goal and then shitfest it. You look at their team with the likes of Pjanic, Destro, Totti, etc and go they should be good to watch. Just now they're not which is a crying shame.

They were excellent last yeah, much like Lazio this year, but they haven't taken that next step like many thought they might. Once again making it too easy for Juve, considering Napoli and Fiorentina are so inconstant and then you've got the fallen giants in Milan.

Bit harsh comparing them to St Johnstone. :P But you're right, they are shitfesting it right now, whether deliberately or not, who knows. Pjanic is a wonderful player and I can see him moving on in the summer, probably to the Premier League.

A lot of similarities to this year and last. Start really well, end really shite. Maybe the manager has to be looked at in the summer, it can't all be down to the players. Rumours that they're looking to perhaps bring in Montella from Fiorentina which would be pretty exciting.

It'll be interesting to see what Lazio do in the summer if they make the CL. If they can do what Roma and Napoli have failed to do and build on a successful season and push Juve all the way the following year, then it'll be great for the league. The lack of a proper title challenge is the only negative about watching the league right now. FWIW, I think Roma are best equipped to challenge Juve, not Lazio or Napoli, they just need to get their shit together.

That's why I posed the question, when I last took an interest in Italian football it bored me to tears.

Either way, you're probably only going to get people who like Serie A replying to you on this thread so we're obviously going to say it's good, whilst other people will tell you it's rubbish.

Why not watch Lazio vs Juventus or the Milan debry next weekend and decide for yourself?

In England it's a bit more understandable at least from a business perspective since people seem to pay it even if a lot of the times, especially at the bigger clubs, the stadiums are full of 'football tourists' and not local fans.

In Scotland there's no way to justify it. Crowds are shite and people constantly moan about tickets costing too much. I'd have paid the same price yesterday to watch Queen's Park vs Annan as I did to watch Cesena vs Chievo. Granted they're not exactly world beating teams, but it's still an outrageous comparison.

Juve could wrap up the title next week then...away to Torino! Ooft. Although it would depend on both Roma and Lazio losing, as well.

Watched the Milan derby last night, which despite being goalless was a very good game. Inter by far the better side and they should probably have won by a couple, Hernanes and Palacio were excellent for them. Milan had their moments and Alex had a goal (correctly) disallowed, but for long periods were on the back foot. First goalless draw between the two sides in Serie A in over 10 years.

Parma got deducted more points the other day for those who don't already know - 4 this time. So despite a decent point away to Empoli where Ishak Belfodil scored his first goal in 2 years, they sit on just 13 points. Atalanta are at home to Empoli in the early kick off next Sunday and a win there would relegate Parma, unless they can beat Palermo to hang on for another week. So the relegation should finally be confirmed next week.

Carpi now 15 points clear in Serie B and they could be promoted next week, if not confirmed as champions. Only a point separates Bologna in 2nd, Vicenza in 3rd and Frosinone in 4th, the latter actually face Carpi at home next week. It looks increasingly likely that Brescia will be taking the plunge in to the Lega Pro, not helped by a 6 point reduction. They were relegated with Samp a few years back from Serie A, quite incredible the directions the two clubs have gone in since.

Verona win at Fiorentina. Not the best game but not the worst either. I would say Verona were worth their win, too, although Diamanti had a penalty saved which had he scored, would probably have seen Fiorentina go on and win. It was pretty much a 2nd string though. Luca Toni was superb, played a huge part in the goal with his hold up play.

Fiorentina out of the running for the CL now for sure, although they could still make it by winning the EL.

Udinese beat Milan 2-1 earlier on, surely ensuring Inzaghi will be out the door at the end of the season.

Was just about to say Inter and Roma looks like it's heading for a draw but Icardi has just put Inter 2-1 up with 2 minutes + stoppage time left. A little harsh on Roma as I don't think they deserve to lose, but they were lucky not to fall behind a minute or two ago when Icardi missed a good chance.

Edit: Finished 2-1. Hernanes and Palacio very good again just as they were last week against Milan.

Reports that Inzaghi and the Milan players had a 'bust up' travelling back from the game last night. He apparently told the players they were unworthy of wearing the shirt, only for them to say he's unworthy of being coach. He might not see the end of the season at this rate.

Serie A Sunday looks a good one today:

The Turin Derby is on ESPN @ 2pm. A win for Juve and Lazio's result going their way, they could be confirmed as champions. I fancy Lazio to win today so think it'll go on for another week.

Parma could be relegated today if they fail to win at home to Palermo and Atalanta beat Empoli in the early kick off (also on ESPN).

Decent game on BT tonight as well with Napoli at home to Sampdoria.

Archived