Steven Anderson's Testimonial Match v Hearts - 03/08/14

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough

I know a boy from Hamilton and he said his fitness was tragic when he was training with them, compared to the other lads.

Would fit in well at Hibs if Butcher was still in charge.

Wow does it feel good up there on your high horse looking down at all the so called fans who are not as dedicated as you?

Dedicated?? That has fuckall to do with it. It's about paying tribute to one of our heroes. 15000 went to see us win the cup. This has very little to do with being a St.Johnstone fan and everything to do with Steven Anderson. How much dedication does it take to get of yer arse and show yer support for the guy??

Dedicated?? That has fuckall to do with it. It's about paying tribute to one of our heroes. 15000 went to see us win the cup. This has very little to do with being a St.Johnstone fan and everything to do with Steven Anderson. How much dedication does it take to get of yer arse and show yer support for the guy??

So turning up over the years to support teams in which Anderson was playing isn't good enough? The testimonial match itself was hardly inspired. In between a run of European games, an air of negativity around McD that is as bad as it's been for years. Also a very very pish saints team was put out to get horsed by a championship side. Surely that is more disrespectful to Anderson than the crowd size? Why can people not pay tribute to Anderson by continuing to watch him and support him as part of the team this season? Well done for donating £12 to him, and showing up to the game. How noble of you.

So turning up over the years to support teams in which Anderson was playing isn't good enough? The testimonial match itself was hardly inspired. In between a run of European games, an air of negativity around McD that is as bad as it's been for years. Also a very very pish saints team was put out to get horsed by a championship side. Surely that is more disrespectful to Anderson than the crowd size? Why can people not pay tribute to Anderson by continuing to watch him and support him as part of the team this season? Well done for donating £12 to him, and showing up to the game. How noble of you.

I think that the whole testimonial thing is probably out of date now. Yes its admirable a player doesn't just keep swapping clubs purely to improve their wages but it's not as if Anderson has been pulling on the shirt for free. Saints fans should be proud of the player but, while I don't know what he is paid, I would imagine when you include all income (bonuses etc) he has probably been earning more than most football fans do so I'm not entirely sure why it is expected that people should fork out again.

Fair enough if players say that all funds will go to charity or the youth development side but I'm not sure that it is necessary to criticise fans who don't take the game in.

Alert Mongoose, on 04 Aug 2014 - 10:16, said:

I think that the whole testimonial thing is probably out of date now. Yes its admirable a player doesn't just keep swapping clubs purely to improve their wages but it's not as if Anderson has been pulling on the shirt for free. Saints fans should be proud of the player but, while I don't know what he is paid, I would imagine when you include all income (bonuses etc) he has probably been earning more than most football fans do so I'm not entirely sure why it is expected that people should fork out again.

Fair enough if players say that all funds will go to charity or the youth development side but I'm not sure that it is necessary to criticise fans who don't take the game in.

Disagree with this. Think if a player is dedicated to the one club for 10 years or more in a world where player's are lucky to be at a club more than a season at times then they should be rewarded. A one off game against a team of their choosing and they collect the profits isn't bad for 10 years of service.

Disagree with this. Think if a player is dedicated to the one club for 10 years or more in a world where player's are lucky to be at a club more than a season at times then they should be rewarded. A one off game against a team of their choosing and they collect the profits isn't bad for 10 years of service.

If you were to put in say 25 years of service in your current job what would you be given in recognition of this?

Alert Mongoose, on 04 Aug 2014 - 11:59, said:

If you were to put in say 25 years of service in your current job what would you be given in recognition of this?

A lot of companies do the gold watch thing.

Archived