Steven Anderson's Testimonial Match v Hearts - 03/08/14

Easton has looked good from since he joined but Wright said straight away that he'd need to work harder to get in his team. There's no doubt he's technically talented but he's maybe still viewed as too much of a luxury. He'll get a chance this season though. Up to him to take it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easton has looked good from since he joined but Wright said straight away that he'd need to work harder to get in his team. There's no doubt he's technically talented but he's maybe still viewed as too much of a luxury. He'll get a chance this season though. Up to him to take it.

Seems we've got a perfect replacement for Hasselbaink aswell now. Sign Clarkson as the usual haddy to replace Iwelumo and we're virtually there

I know you're trying to troll, but theres no point taking much notice of our performance today, our team was filled with youngsters, back up or those coming back from injury.

..which is what I'm concerned about. For me, our starting XI is one of the strongest in the league. However, our squad seems to be sorely lacking in quality. This wasn't like the friendly against York in which we simply fielded a bunch of youngsters, most of whom will never step up to the first team. Our starting XI today was made up of a couple of first-team players, with the rest comprising of players who will be expected to step up to the plate when injuries occur. I know it was only a friendly, but it left me feeling very uneasy. The majority of these players simply aren't good enough or aren't ready yet.

Having said that, I have to agree in regards to Dylan Easton. He was a class apart, as he was against York. He will get his chance, of that I have no doubt.

He's quite clearly a tremendously talented player, hence why he's contracted past next season. Easy on the ball, strong for his size and a positivity about his play that's refreshing. I think he'll be getting game time with us before too long, especially if injuries strike like they always do.

FFS...that long? That's at least two summers of wasted money. No wonder we're stoney broke.

Highlight of the match has to be the announcement of the subs just after half time

"Saints subs are Mark Hurst for Steve Banks, and Chris Kane for Stevie May"

"Hearts changed everyone"

:lol:

DC92, on 03 Aug 2014 - 18:52, said:

The team that played Dundee contained only 3/4 first teamers. The first half team today was a bit closer to our strongest.

To be fair, we played a lot of our second string that night.

Just over 2000 fans and 700 of them hearts fans? That's an absolute disgrace for a testimonial.

It's not often I agree with you but you are right this time..

Fair play to all that were there and those that were either working or away, but to those who just sat at home doing fuckall while the guy who gave us the lead in the cup final and basically answered our prayers had his benefit match, I say SHAME on you..

As for the Jambos fans..

CHEERS.

You disagree?

The fans have been greeting about the chairman but would rather line his pockets rather than give one of your heroes a few quid.

I dunno, can't really be arsed trying to think about it. Kind of wish I'd stayed away today though, my hangover was disappearing nicely until about five minutes in, I suddenly realised I'd autopiloted into my usual Main Stand seat which ended up being beside a swathe of 5 year old screaming children. It was torture

Fair play to all that were there and those that were either working or away, but to those who just sat at home doing fuckall while the guy who gave us the lead in the cup final and basically answered our prayers had his benefit match, I say SHAME on you..

As for the Jambos fans..

CHEERS.

What about those that had forked out a lot of money 10 days and 3 days ago to support Saints and couldn't afford to pay out yet again?

As for the Jambos fans..

CHEERS.

Wow does it feel good up there on your high horse looking down at all the so called fans who are not as dedicated as you?

Up until about midday today, I wasn't going to this. Changed my mind as I thought the crowd numbers would end up being low after so many went to Lucerne and the two home matches as well as season tickets etc. I'm really disappointed but not particularly surprised the crowd was as low as that to be honest.

'Basically answered our prayers' :lol:

To be fair I spent the entire month before the Final praying we scored first

Archived