Glasgow-London by Train(Same day Return)

Advice required on best site to use please lads n ladies..

Virgins 12week in advance fare still comin in at 130return if bookin furthest date available and was hoping for something well below a big note to leave around 7am sat 6th dec and back following day at lunch time(Not same day return per header)

Regards

I'm finding returns for £50, 12 weeks in advance using the trainline app. Changing at Crewe on the way down and direct back.

The price varies a bit depending on when you want to depart at each end, but £50s available leaving Glasgow at 8, arrives at 1. Coming home, leaves London 1:40 arrives 7:16.

I'm finding returns for £50, 12 weeks in advance using the trainline app. Changing at Crewe on the way down and direct back.

The price varies a bit depending on when you want to depart at each end, but £50s available leaving Glasgow at 8, arrives at 1. Coming home, leaves London 1:40 arrives 7:16.

Was that bookin two singles down or puttin in Glasgow to London and them tellin u bout change

Thanks all

Was that bookin two singles down or puttin in Glasgow to London and them tellin u bout change

Thanks all

Glasgow to london, it told me the change. Download the app, you put in the time you want to leave and it displays several choices. Some change some with none, but £50 was the best price

Last time I went to London I booked about two weeks in advance. First class single on Virgin cost about £30 with a railcard. Free food and coffee on the train. Pretty good deal considering I paid almost twice that for standard class in a shitey Scotrail train from Glasgow to Aberdeen the following Saturday.

I think it's the 8:30 train that often has deals on.

One website wont be cheaper than another, all places like the trainline and RSH do is sell you advance tickets which are cheaper than open returns or turning up on the day. You would get the same deal anywhere.

However, you can make make savings by sitting at your laptop at midnight waiting for the tickets to go on sale and refreshing waiting for them to come up. went from Dundee to Mallaig for 15 quid doing that recently, by 11am it was up to 42 and the next day 52.

I would use megabus, train is probably worse with all the drunks and nutters taht travel about on it

Megabus at least folk keep to themselves from my experience

Guessing you've never been on the overnight Megabus then? Dirt cheap, and with loud enough headphones you can just about cancel out the noise of the drunks around you enough to sleep, but you sit there wondering if you would have just been better spending the extra £20 to take the train.

I usually get the Megabus (£30 return) as I just sleep on the bus if possible but always check Trainline first to see the deals.. Managed a £110 return this time and been as low as £60 before. I find the 0530 trains from London are (obviously) cheapest and there's no hassle getting to Euston at that time on the night buses from anywhere in London

Or I just get pished in Camden, wander up, and get a coupla hours kip outside

Thanks all. Would never get a bus to london after doing it once and it was so bad im still avin mares of the time it took...!!!

Train is the only option and looks like the midnight trick i did think of but hoped many others might not(clearly wrong) is my best option...

Love you all

SSB x

I did the MB Sleeper when they were running it as a trial, unless the beds have improved since then I'd never go anywhere near it again as it was like sleeping in a coffin, thankfully I'm nae claustrophobic or there would have been big problems.

National Express piss all over Megabus but I'd rather train or fly than either of them.

Archived