The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Hats off to you all for still watching even with the insufferable Alison Hammond presenting. 

She's actually ok tbf. Fully expected her to be front and centre constantly but she's been very quiet compared to anything else she's appeared in that I've had the misfortune of turning on. 

Also, if you've not watched and missed out on Cristy then you've made a mistake 😍

18 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Hats off to you all for still watching even with the insufferable Alison Hammond presenting. 

I wasn't convinced if stick it but she's actually better than Lucas.

Just watching this week but I heard Rowan was trending so that bodes well that he's getting papped.

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

She's actually ok tbf. Fully expected her to be front and centre constantly but she's been very quiet compared to anything else she's appeared in that I've had the misfortune of turning on. 

Also, if you've not watched and missed out on Cristy then you've made a mistake 😍

The wife and 12 year old still watch it. I walked through and was met by her horrific over the top laugh. That was enough for me. 

4 hours ago, throbber said:

She isn’t that attractive tbf - she has a wart in between her eyes. Still my fav to win and my selection from day one.

Let’s put it this way, there’s no Giuseppe this year.  As for Hammond, I think she’s dreadful, but she’s rained in the shrieking and so she’s merely tolerable rather than completely insufferable. 

23 hours ago, The Naitch said:

No surprise that Nicky and Rowan left this week. In a strange way I’ll miss them both.

Nicky can go back to speaking properly.  I won’t miss her in the slightest.  Best I can say is she took her elimination in good grace. 

On 28/10/2023 at 09:01, throbber said:

She isn’t that attractive tbf - she has a wart in between her eyes. Still my fav to win and my selection from day one.

A complete melt down this week.  Turns out she’s a touch on the entitled side. 

11 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

If everyone made a c**t of the technical that's on Bake Off not on the bakers

Correct. What's next week's challenge? Roasting a chicken in 20 minutes.

Right person booted out. Final will surely be Dan, Josh and Tasha. Can't believe Josh only has one star baker - maybe his love of rugby is counting against him.

Also, with my pedantic hat on, am I the only one annoyed next week is called the quarter-finals?

15 hours ago, The Naitch said:

That technical challenge was wild. 90 minutes wasn’t nearly enough.

When it's clearly a f**k up on producers part and no one succeeds in time then it shouldn't be judged. That wasn't the contestants fault.

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

When it's clearly a f**k up on producers part and no one succeeds in time then it shouldn't be judged. That wasn't the contestants fault.

Even Paul and Prue said before the showstopper that they wouldn’t be counting the technical when it came to star baker and who went home. A massive waste of time for all concerned.

15 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Even Paul and Prue said before the showstopper that they wouldn’t be counting the technical when it came to star baker and who went home. A massive waste of time for all concerned.

I missed that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2023 at 09:03, Stu said:

Correct. What's next week's challenge? Roasting a chicken in 20 minutes.

Right person booted out. Final will surely be Dan, Josh and Tasha. Can't believe Josh only has one star baker - maybe his love of rugby is counting against him.

Also, with my pedantic hat on, am I the only one annoyed next week is called the quarter-finals?

Maybe not. Very poor week from Tasha and she deserved to go. Either the judges were desperately trying to save her with their comments or they were trying to build suspense as it was obvious she should go. Funny how they failed to mention her being bottom of technical in their discussions.

On 22/11/2023 at 18:33, The Naitch said:

Aye, Tasha was the right choice to go. Wasn’t her week at all.

Dan or Josh for the win, surely?

The BSL guy probably got further through than he expect, 9 weeks and back for final as all are at it so decent earner than had she been booted week one 🤣