Does anyone here believe we can't use the pound?

gazelle

I've told my neighbours we are going to have a joint bank account, and if I overspend they will fund any shortfall.

They don't seem too happy with it, but I've told them it's in their best interests, so I don't give a f**k whether they like it or not.

They won't get away with bullying me by rejecting my demands.

Im guessing you're trying to make a point, presumably about a CU?

Can you explain, though, how a joint bank account is analogous to, well anything?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" The_Kincardine

04 Aug 2014

git-intae-thum, on 04 Aug 2014 - 23:17, said:

Please explain how it is naive to believe that money will go to the Scottish treasury?

________

Very simple although The Ayes hate this. There is no Scottish treasury. Oil companies have no contract with the non-existent treasury. Most are not registered in Scotland.

It is yet another imponderable in Slim Eck's "Och don't worry about that" smoke and mirrors campaign."

Oh dear. Please explain that then.

Explain how an independent Scotland wouldn't have a tax gathering agency, dimwit.

f**k me.

" The_Kincardine

04 Aug 2014

git-intae-thum, on 04 Aug 2014 - 23:17, said:

Please explain how it is naive to believe that money will go to the Scottish treasury?

________

Very simple although The Ayes hate this. There is no Scottish treasury. Oil companies have no contract with the non-existent treasury. Most are not registered in Scotland.

It is yet another imponderable in Slim Eck's "Och don't worry about that" smoke and mirrors campaign."

Oh dear. Please explain that then.

There is no contract between the oil companies and the Scottish treasury (I.e. Scottish Government). Oil Companies are however drilling on sea bed belonging now to the Scottish government/people. So Oil company, you can either transfer your contract to the Scottish Government or you can GTF. Oh and by the way, if you want to sue someone, the only party you have a contract with is RUK . Your choice!

Yep you have it in one got!

There is no contract between the oil companies and the Scottish treasury (I.e. Scottish Government). Oil Companies are however drilling on sea bed belonging now to the Scottish government/people. So Oil company, you can either transfer your contract to the Scottish Government or you can GTF. Oh and by the way, if you want to sue someone, the only party you have a contract with is RUK . Your choice!

Yep you have it in one got!

I smell a tendering for permits.

Eh..pardon?

It is simple. I didn't say, "an independent Scotland wouldn't have a tax gathering agency".

This is the second time today Nats have accused me of saying something I didn't. I think New Scotland should put an emphasis on basic literacy.

It is simple. I didn't say, "an independent Scotland wouldn't have a tax gathering agency".

This is the second time today Nats have accused me of saying something I didn't. I think New Scotland should put an emphasis on basic literacy.

Don't believe I was replying to you, chum.

"Because Scottish banks would not have access to a currency-printing lender of last resort, they would have to make their own provisions for illiquidity, and would necessarily act more prudently."

Which, of course, means they think it is in Scotland's interests explicitly to adopt a monetary policy involving the tightening rather than loosening of its fiscal envelope. Predictably, whether rightly or wrongly, the ASI are saying this is suitable because they think Scotland should adopt the policies of a Celtic Tiger and not those of social democracy...

Does your avatar take over your persona on here old fella?

Naw I am often a grumpy b*****d. For the coming month I will be a big baw-faced grumpy b*****d as an act of penance for making a right horlicks of myself:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/215375-closing-ceremony/?view=findpost&p=8655763

Archived