Ayrshire Derby - Kilmarnock v Ayr (Tues 26th August)

Robbed. Fucking pathetic that there was a closed stand for a derby. I dare say that the local constabulary will have had its phones ringing off the hook as irate locals object to their sudden discovery that there's a football ground in the vicinity, what with the Ayr end having made more noise in the whole of the Blighted East than there's been since the last derby.

Polis also a joke. At ten o'clock on a Tuesday night, in fucking Kilmarnock, nobody has any intentions beyond getting home to get a fucking shower. I dare say that the Boots on Ayr High Street will be sold out of lice combs by 9:05 tomorrow morning.

Don't be so hard on yourself Thumps The fact you've confessed that you've got head lice like being gay isn't a big thing these days . Hang tough

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was glad the Moffat was shut. Meant we were all close together leading to a better atmosphere than all being spread out.

There was more than 8,900 at that game btw, each big stand holds 5,000+, the East was full, Chadwick had the guts of 2,000 and there's no way there was 2,000 in the west/frank Beattie stand.

If that's the standard of the 3rd tier and A^r are top Scottish football is in trouble

Ah, the often quoted barometer of a nation's footballing prowess: the standard of the team leading the third division. After 3 games.

Celtic can breathe a sigh of relief that we've taken some of the pressure off them.

Hats off to all the fans that showed up, made for a good atmosphere, how many ayr fans made the trip?...looked around 2000 which is great for a third tier team. Ridiculous tho that a couple hundred home fans had to stand in the walkway of the east stand because folk wouldnt sit in their allocated seats.

Ayr frustrated us early on and passed it well but bringing on eremenko made a difference for us. Hopefully Ngoo or Miller will be fit to play soon because Mcgennis was chronic last night.

I was glad the Moffat was shut. Meant we were all close together leading to a better atmosphere than all being spread out.

There was more than 8,900 at that game btw, each big stand holds 5,000+, the East was full, Chadwick had the guts of 2,000 and there's no way there was 2,000 in the west/frank Beattie stand.

Are you suggesting Kilmarnock could be fiddling the books? Would never have believed it!

Ayr played ok defensively which is a big improvement on last year. Murphy is a superb signing. Agree with some of the Killie fans on here who said we had little in final third and second half we seemed to drop a bit deeper, leaving Donnelly isolated. Goal really came about through us being part time. McKenzie had made that run a few times and we managed to get to him before he could do any damage but on this occasion he got just enough room as we began to tire. We'll be ok as long as Roberts uses some of this cash to give us options up front and a bit of extra cover at the back. Kilmarnock? Not overly impressed. Better in second half when they tried to pass it a bit more but we're woeful in first half when they played it too long.

Although Ayr didn't create anything of note until the last mins, we did absolutely nothing for 45 mins, apart from Clingan's free kick. However, we grew into it more and more and ultimately deserved the win. Ayr were bright to start with but just tired as the game went on. Not a classic, but thank f**k we won cause I thought we were heading to pens for a good while.

Ended up in the leather seats with the tickets we got for the West Stand which was a total bonus. Lovely!

Gonna miss them when we get back to the deep vein thrombosis the Moffat Stand offers. :(

Best team won but they weren't very good. We on the other hand are a Division one team trying to rebuild and so we take some positives. Defensively we were quite solid but up front lacked a bit of bite. The young guys in the team struggled to cope but it's a learning curve for them. Glad you lot turned up in numbers to give us some cash to strengthen, we might meet next season in the Champoinship.

As expected, the team with the greater resources, support and home advantage won.

Thought Ayr did as well as could be expected, and given the nightmare that was last season, I'm just glad to emerge from this game with our pride relatively intact.

Atmosphere was a bit flat for an Ayrshire derby, had the same numbers been at Somerset the atmosphere would've been great.

Overall, i don't think we learned anything we didn't know already: Ayr are a typical, 3rd tier part time Scottish side and Kilmarnock are a typical middle of the road SPL team who'll have the occasional cup success here and there but have reached their ceiling. Ayr are still trying to climb off the floor.

Guest honestrae95

I was of the understanding that some unintellectuals were on this website claiming that Kilmarnock Football Club were going to score twelve goals. What penises. As for Magennis ragdolling McManus at the weekend, even I could have done that. He did not do that to big Murphy.

Translated that for you guys.

Well, perhaps if we had borrowed and spent money we didn't have and stolen a cup to put on our list of assets then maybe just maybe we would be able to participate on a level financial playing field.

As it is though, we have cut our cloth accordingly, gone part time and refused to pay ridiculous wages to complete and utter dumplings.

If you want to bask in the glory of a famous 1-0 home win over your part time neighbours who are playing 2 divisions below you, then fair play, enjoy..........................

Atmosphere was a bit flat for an Ayrshire derby, had the same numbers been at Somerset the atmosphere would've been great.

But you could say the same about the game being played at Irvine Meadow's ground. The smaller the ground the better the atmosphere. Rugby Park is good when full but too empty for a good atmosphere most of the time.

I enjoyed it last night, for the most part. It's always tinged with a bit of sadness that Ayr never fulfil the potential that their population base suggest and as such, the games are mostly a mismatch in quality. I hope you win your league this year.

Well, perhaps if we had borrowed and spent money we didn't have and stolen a cup to put on our list of assets then maybe just maybe we would be able to participate on a level financial playing field.

As it is though, we have cut our cloth accordingly, gone part time and refused to pay ridiculous wages to complete and utter dumplings.

If you want to bask in the glory of a famous 1-0 home win over your part time neighbours who are playing 2 divisions below you, then fair play, enjoy..........................

Realistically, we all know Ayr would have been in our shadow with or without our debt. I'm fairly sure the recently resolved debt problem played no part in our 1st 2 Scottish Cup wins or our Scottish Championship and venture to the semi final of the UEFA Cup of the time.

What were Ayr doing back then?

Probably clutching at different straws to paper over the cracks of their inferiority.

;)

But you could say the same about the game being played at Irvine Meadow's ground. The smaller the ground the better the atmosphere. Rugby Park is good when full but too empty for a good atmosphere most of the time.

I enjoyed it last night, for the most part. It's always tinged with a bit of sadness that Ayr never fulfil the potential that their population base suggest and as such, the games are mostly a mismatch in quality. I hope you win your league this year.

Cheers mate. Would be good if future derbies were in the SPL. Or whatever it's called these days.

Cracking finish from McKenzie.

Eh thanks for the highlights :unsure:

Piss-poor refereeing at 1:25, for the blatant push on Campbell, compare and contrast with the utter nonsense at the end, ending in a bounce-up. Not that it made much difference, just saying.

Otherwise, very quiet game.

The pitch looked to be playing very heavy ?

Archived