Ayrshire Derby - Kilmarnock v Ayr (Tues 26th August)

By christ, things could be worse for Ayr.

Josh Mageniss could be our only striker. Chronic.

He isn't though, is he? Ngoo and Miller are both just recovering from knocks, and young Muirhead played yesterday. Nice try though.

Josh's finishing is shite, and he was poor last night but he's caused County and 'well all sorts of issues recently.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He isn't though, is he? Ngoo and Miller are both just recovering from knocks, and young Muirhead played yesterday. Nice try though.

Josh's finishing is shite, and he was poor last night but he's caused County and 'well all sorts of issues recently.

I wasn't meaning your only striker, I was meaning ours.

Looks like the highlights confirm what I thought - Samson didn't get his hands warmed all night. :)

Thought that was a pretty good performance overall - Pasca and Hamill were both on their game, and as stated above, wee Chantler could be quite the find. Nice to see Losa's upped his fitness, and can now last a whole hour. Cracking move and finish for the goal. Wee Messi unplayable (no matter where he gets positioned).

I like big Magennis - he never stopped causing the defence problems, and won just about everything in the air. Only problem is he appears to have a head like a ten-bob bit, and where the ball ended up was anyone's guess. At least he's getting into positions to miss chances, and his efforts are making a bit of space for the other players.

A*r? They did their best, I suppose. Shame their best really isn't all that good.

Oh, and the pitch looked the best it has in yea.... Oh, that's right. Seems to be a consistent surface, mind, and certainly when we kept the ball down we played some nice football. AJ take note.

The only thing I'd say about the pitch is it seems a bit heavy. There was one moment last night from a corner when Clingan tried to knock it to the edge of the box & it was never going to reach.

Might've just been an abysmal pass though...

Can't really say much more than anyone else already has. Both sides were 50/50 in the first half I'd say, second half Killie were much brighter coming out the blocks. The goal was always going to come as the gulf in fitness levels showed, we lacked any real cutting edge up front which killed us when it came down to our half chances.

Overall I thought we put in an excellent performance which is pleasing for our season going forward.

If the difference in class was clear you would have made more chances. A couple of free kicks on the edge of our box and a few other half chances were all you really mustered. You scored with your only real chance of the night. That's a pretty good strike rate but it doesn't put you streets ahead of us and allow you to measure the difference as a gulf.

If the difference in class was clear you would have made more chances. A couple of free kicks on the edge of our box and a few other half chances were all you really mustered. You scored with your only real chance of the night. That's a pretty good strike rate but it doesn't put you streets ahead of us and allow you to measure the difference as a gulf.

It's very difficult to create chances against a side determined to camp in and hit on the counter attack. Ayr were the better team for the first five and last five minutes of the game, other than that they offered nothing. We passed and probed but no Premiership side is talented enough to easily break down a side who has parked the bus. If you didn't notice the difference in class at the game then your tinted specs are taking hold.

That wasn't parking the bus. We did that at Hampden. This was positive by comparison. I agree the better side won on the night but not by the margin you seem to think. Had you played us last season you would have hammered us but we are just happy to be making progress. Youngsters in our team didn't do as well as we hoped but inconsistency is part and parcel of playing kids. They found the step up from league 2 to a fitter full time side a bit much but hopefully they can learn from it.

I don't know how alone I am amongst our support - but I genuinely want Ayr United to do well on a weekly basis. The county deserves a better derby than the odd cup game. If Accies can do it, surely the Honest Men can...

It'd be a great atmosphere in which to get 9/12 points ;)

The more I see of Chantler, the more I like him.

Me too. I think he might be the gem of our summer.

Well, perhaps if we had borrowed and spent money we didn't have and stolen a cup to put on our list of assets then maybe just maybe we would be able to participate on a level financial playing field.

As it is though, we have cut our cloth accordingly, gone part time and refused to pay ridiculous wages to complete and utter dumplings.

If you want to bask in the glory of a famous 1-0 home win over your part time neighbours who are playing 2 divisions below you, then fair play, enjoy..........................

Seething, verge of tears

How pathetic, you came on here to slag of Killie rather than discuss your teams draw with Stenhousemuir. It's all about the Killie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No dumbnuts I was just confirming my previous post >_>

Must have been the shock of playing on grass for the all-conquering, mightier than mighty K*llie.

It's all about the Ayr.

You could see the way you all celebrated on Tuesday night. Would have thought you had won the champions league final, well, I suppose it was for you all.

Must have been the shock of playing on grass for the all-conquering, mightier than mighty K*llie.

It's all about the Ayr.

You could see the way you all celebrated on Tuesday night. Would have thought you had won the champions league final, well, I suppose it was for you all.

No it was the shear relief of having to sit in the same stadium as you lot????

Archived