St Mirren vs Hamilton Accies - 13/08/14

Got a feeling this has 1-0 Accies written all over it :( .

This is the sort of game we should be winning, iirc we had a good record against other bottom 6 times at home last season.

I think Accies defence looks weak but going forward they have a few tricky players. We know about Imrie, Jason Scotland is a threat, MAC has caused us problems before too. I expect us to have a few chances but Accies will have theirs too.

How wrong was , it should have been 5.

Only positive was Plummer. Hopefully Brown recovers from that, had a few nice touches in the 2nd half.

Neil done a great job on McGinn and McLean. That's what we want JG to be able to do but his card is marked now.

Oh well an easy wee game against Dundee next :/

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its a minor blip that has highlighted the frailties (mainly to yhe board) that still exists in our squad - mainly backup / competition for Goodwin. Obviously we have Hughes there as well but as we seen from Brown last night, you just never know what you're going to get from an inexperienced youngster.

We also know we can't play that system either. Better it happening now than in middle of October.

10 days to reflect, thommo and goody back (I hope goody has apoligised to the squad), we'll be right up for it against Dundee!

How wrong was , it should have been 5.

Only positive was Plummer. Hopefully Brown recovers from that, had a few nice touches in the 2nd half.

Neil done a great job on McGinn and McLean. That's what we want JG to be able to do but his card is marked now.

Oh well an easy wee game against Dundee next :/

Liked the look of Plummer if it's who i'm thinking of. Pacy played on the left, and tortured Canning a few times?

Fantastic performance, especially that second half.

Crawford, Redmond, Gillespie, Gordon, Jesus, MAC, Dazzler, McGovern - you lot in particular, take a bow.

Had we put away some of those sitters it could have turned into a rout.

You were as good as we were bad last night.

You kept a great shape and were always first to the ball.

As you say, if it wasn't for some indifferent finishing it could have been at least double.

Liked the look of Plummer if it's who i'm thinking of. Pacy played on the left, and tortured Canning a few times?

Plummer was the centre half that wasn't a bombscare.

He had an excellent tussle with curier. He's as strong as an Ox, decisive and despite him lacking in height he wins a lot of balls in the air.

Not sure who you're talking about, as I thought most of the rest of the team were shite.

Might have been Caldwell, the boy we signed from Hibs.

As FTOF mentioned he was the shorter centre back who's arse didn't collapse. Did you mean Gregg Wylde? I thought he looked our most dangerous player before he went off injured early on. He gave your right back a couple of roastings for pace before his hamstring went tight.

Plummer was the centre half that wasn't a bombscare.

He had an excellent tussle with curier. He's as strong as an Ox, decisive and despite him lacking in height he wins a lot of balls in the air.

Not sure who you're talking about, as I thought most of the rest of the team were shite.

Might have been Caldwell, the boy we signed from Hibs.

I think JT kept Imrie pretty quiet, Naismith worked hard up and down the line but was often ignored. Not many others though, I think Caldwell has something about him. If Thompson is struggling to make the next game I would rather Caldwell got a game ahead of Ball.

For us to do well this season we'll need McLean and McGinn to dictate games. McLean lost his head, tried too many world cup balls instead of keeping it simple. McGinn showed a couple of glimpses of what he can do but was often outnumbered.

Though he was very good last night. Extremely strong.

Distribution was a bit ropey though.

On Saturday his passing was excellent.

Was a bit more hurried last night, but that was due to your excellent pressure.

He had a couple of loose balls, but generally he found one of our players. Not that they did anything with the bal...........................

Archived