St Mirren vs Hamilton Accies - 13/08/14

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full time 0-2.

I don't feel like the scoreline was a fair reflection on the match, we should have lost by more.

Accies played superbly. They controlled the middle of the park and looked dangerous all night. I said at the start of the season I thought they'd stay up, and I still do. Congratulations on the much deserved 3 points. Gordon and Crawford look like they will go on to play at a higher level.

We were awful. That's the worst home performance I've seen from us since we last lost at home to a bottom 6 side - last August at home to Thistle. Just never got going at all, couldn't get the ball in the middle of the park and just couldn't create anything. A bad day at the office all round.

Certainly not pushing the panic button yet. Without wanting to make excuses, we were missing our two most senior players tonight (Goodwin and Thompson), and Wylde went off injured in the first half. Thommo and Goody will be back for our next match, thank goodness, we miss them both terribly.

10 day break now, time to sort it and regroup for our next game, Dundee at home.

Well done Accies, great comeback from Saturday.

Gonna be a long ten days for us now, just a horrid start to the season. All the pre season optimisim will fade pretty quickly unless we hit our straps soon.

<<< seething.

About the only positive is our manager seems to have recognised we were pish in his interview - something Danny wouldn't have done as his mind guru would have told him to be positive.

From the reports on radio scotland it seemed that accies improved a lot from the ICT game and St Mirren were poor.I thought this might happen and im glad wee Ali who gets a bit of stick from some fans got both goals and had a great game.Looking forward to the next game with a bit more optimism now we have our 1st win.

Be careful. That could be what happens come the end of the season.

Nah, no-one will be relegated in such a perfect fashion as Hibs were last season.

If we do go down this season I'm blaming the strip tbh.

To sum that up as 'dreadful' would be doing it a disservice.

Credit to Hamilton though, they were better in every single area of the pitch. Outfought and outmuscled us. It's not like they scored two goals on the fly either, it could easily have been 3 or 4.

As for us? Well aside from one cleared off the line in the 1st half, I can't recall a clear cut scoring chance.

Archived