Forfar v Dunfermline

to say we had no chances first half and we didn't threaten is a blatant lie, we could have had 2 or 3 as could Dunfermline.

Correct. Both teams had a couple of decent chances first half; was quite evenly matched IMO.

Just remembered the superb save Scully pulled off in the second half at 0-0. I forget the Loons player who headed it goalward, but superb stuff from our keeper.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct. Both teams had a couple of decent chances first half; was quite evenly matched IMO.

Just remembered the superb save Scully pulled off in the second half at 0-0. I forget the Loons player who headed it goalward, but superb stuff from our keeper.

think it was hilson, I was stood behind it and when he headered it I didn't think it was goalboand never mind troubling the keeper. great save

Jeffries must stay.

The Pars are a bit like the Smokies last year dominating every game they took part in. We all know how that turned out.

Well done the loons on beating the Barcelona of a Fife onwards an upwards you can only beat what's in front of you.

Whenever JJ says an opponant hasn't threatened, I'm sure he's factoring in Scully's consistant level excellence. We just expect him to pull off these saves week after week, which means really, there is no threat! Until they score, of course...

think it was hilson, I was stood behind it and when he headered it I didn't think it was goalboand never mind troubling the keeper. great save

Wasn't sure if the wind caught it as, while up the far end, like you I felt it was going nowhere near the goal!

Hilson's a good player. I thought his goal was a very good strike tbh.

Wasn't sure if the wind caught it as, while up the far end, like you I felt it was going nowhere near the goal!

Hilson's a good player. I thought his goal was a very good strike tbh.

hilson is brilliant. runs and runs and runs. I thought the keeper was a bit slow in getting down to hilsons strike, but then again I thought it went wide of the target at first

Took in this game this afternoon due to Aberdeen's postponement.

I thought Forfar were excellent. Workrate was incredible throughout their team, they looked dangerous on the break and scored two very well taken goals. Was impressed with Malcolm, Dunlop, Hilson, Templeman, Denholm and Husband. Excellent performances from all. Despite the seethe towards him, Templeman is a superb player at League One level and proved so today for me.

Easy to see why Falkirk sniffed about Dale Hilson, well taken goal, constant thorn in the side prepared to run the wings and come short looking for the ball. Unlike the two fans behind the ends, I was just on half way in the enclosure and the header was looping on target, wonderful save by Scully.

Painfully obvious from corner one that Forfar were scoring from a set play today. Dunfermline's back four defended set pieces with total ineptitude all afternoon both winning the first header and then dealing with the second ball. It could have been 2-0 by half time had Forfar taken a couple of scrambles in the first half. The Dods header was well worked but totally free header is criminal.

Dunfermline were poor all afternoon, but still had two glorious chances with Ugwu in the first half. His first touch though is utterly chronic! The Moff looked the best of it but he faded badly after the opening goal. Total lack of width in Dunfermline's midfield which was stunning given Forfar's left back was there to be beaten. Easy to see why Pars fans are growing in discontentment against JJ.

Overall, really enjoyed the game today, the better team on the day won. £12 well spent, cheap visit to the stall at half time as well instead of that Sodexo pish in the Premiership. Braw.

No.

What's the difference then?

Honestly i am still laughing at Forfar being "one of those teams we struggle with".

We're a team with a much bigger budget and resources, yet we still can't deal with Forfar and you dress it up like its acceptable. Have a word.

If you can see that after one game imagine paying money to see it repeated every week for over a year. How very dare we complain about it....

For most of the game we weren't as bad at defendng set peces as we were over the last couple of years against Forfar. Yes, they won a lot of headers in the box in the first half, but they were not headers they were ever going to score from. We were surprsingly OK a defending corners last week as well, which was the main postive of that game after our serious problems at that last year. Of course though, we had to blow it properly by giving Dods a ridiculous amount of space for the second goal, it really was awful to give him time to adjust and flick in what was a harmless looking lofted ball. It's not just the back four that you look at in these stuatons though, it's the whole team. I don't know who was sleeping at the goal, but someone obviously forgot what they were meant to be doing.

What's the difference then?

Honestly i am still laughing at Forfar being "one of those teams we struggle with".

We're a team with a much bigger budget and resources, yet we still can't deal with Forfar and you dress it up like its acceptable. Have a word.

I don't know why you're laughing at Forfar being a team we struggle with; And for the record, I'm not dressing it up as acceptable.

Of course we have a bigger budget and more resources - they are still a bogey team for us.

Airdrie, granted - have given us problems over the years, I'd still rather play them than Forfar. If Airdrie pump us at East End, I might be concerned. Nowt to worry about just now though.

We will still be favourites for the league title and I'm sure we'll do it. The fact that aneurysms are taking place over the first two games, is where my concerns are.

We have been through a lot lately, and things have been quite good, considering.

Maybe you should 'have a word.'

If you can see that after one game imagine paying money to see it repeated every week for over a year. How very dare we complain about it....

I see where you are coming from. As a neutral, I found it baffling to play with such narrowness, particularly on the right hand side. Of course with JJ in charge, you know it won't be Brazil 1970 football, but Stevie Wonder would have seen the Forfar number 3 was there to be taken.

For most of the game we weren't as bad at defendng set peces as we were over the last couple of years against Forfar. Yes, they won a lot of headers in the box in the first half, but they were not headers they were ever going to score from. We were surprsingly OK a defending corners last week as well, which was the main postive of that game after our serious problems at that last year. Of course though, we had to blow it properly by giving Dods a ridiculous amount of space for the second goal, it really was awful to give him time to adjust and flick in what was a harmless looking lofted ball. It's not just the back four that you look at in these stuatons though, it's the whole team. I don't know who was sleeping at the goal, but someone obviously forgot what they were meant to be doing.

I'm stunned that was them being dealt with better than previously. The situations in the first half came about through total failure to win the second ball after Forfar won the initial headers.

Surely it's something that can be worked on in training ahead of Forfar games?

To me it was obvious a goal would come from a set play very early on. Things have got to be worked on far more because to me anyway, I thought your players dealt with them ineptly.

I don't know why you're laughing at Forfar being a team we struggle with; And for the record, I'm not dressing it up as acceptable.

Of course we have a bigger budget and more resources - they are still a bogey team for us.

Airdrie, granted - have given us problems over the years, I'd still rather play them than Forfar. If Airdrie pump us at East End, I might be concerned. Nowt to worry about just now though.

We will still be favourites for the league title and I'm sure we'll do it. The fact that aneurysms are taking place over the first two games, is where my concerns are.

We have been through a lot lately, and things have been quite good, considering.

Maybe you should 'have a word.'

There is no such thing as a 'bogey' team, you either play well enough on the day to give yourselves a good chance of winning or you play poor and you deserve to lose like we did yesterday.

If you aren't concerned right now that's fine, don't get upset just because others can see the warning signs and problems earlier than you.

There is no such thing as a 'bogey' team, you either play well enough on the day to give yourselves a good chance of winning or you play poor and you deserve to lose like we did yesterday.

If you aren't concerned right now that's fine, don't get upset just because others can see the warning signs and problems earlier than you.

Good post. 'Bogey teams' are for weak minded losers.

Archived