Forfar v Dunfermline

Disapponting to play like we did today, but the reaction here is excessive. No way is there any justification for sacking a manager two games into a season, even though I agree wth the criticism of his narrow midfeld with no width at all.

Forfar were the better side in the first half today, although we had three really good chances. Our defence were OK and Moffat played quite well again, but for much of the game the midfeld just never got near to gettng into it. Very disappointing how tamely we went down in the end, without ever really looking like getting back in it after losing the second goal.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moffat will only score for Ayr. We'll have him back in January no doubt.

Once Wallace is fully fit and playing alongside him, it'll be GOALS GOALS GOALS. Maybe. Apart from scoring, he is an incredibly hard working and effective striker.

Jefferies is a dinosaur and it's quite incredible he wasn't sacked after they were relegated, and then after last season's humiliation in the play-offs. I guess all the off the field stuff made people give him an easier time but Dunfermline fans have been extremely tolerant of him.

I wasn't that impressed by their signings, Stirling and Buchanan are pretty solid League One players, but nothing that is going to improve them significantly and Moffat was never going to replicate his Ayr goals tally. He's at his best when he has space and on the counter attack, Dunfermline will be playing teams parking the bus every week which wont suit him at all.

All that said, they'll still win the league. They were comfortablty clear of 3rd last year and I reckon there will be about the same gap this year to 2nd place with them winning.

Took this game in as Montrose had an annoying day off today.

Was very impressed with Forfar and their commitment, mixing up their styles between route 1/2 and some really nice passing.

Dunfermline were really poor, surprised me a lot as before the game I expected them to win. Falkingham and Moffat tried their best, Spence did OK, Scully had a good game in goals, but otherwise, they were wash.

Forfar, if they can keep that up, will finish in the top 4 easily this season. But they have an inconsistent side which lets them down, I wonder if Fester has fixed that.

Decent game to watch, I enjoyed it.

I'm going to be in the overwhelming minority here, but I don't think we were as terrible as some of our fans are making out.

Disappointing result? Yes. Frustrating? Definitely. Poor start to the season? Of course. But today I felt for long periods it was an even match. In the first half, Forfar had 2 or 3 decent chances, while Ugwu had two good ones for us. He was played through twice - in the first, he could've done better than hit the side net but in the second he should've controlled the ball and got a shot away.

We started the second half on the front foot, and Rab Douglas made an excellent save from Michael Moffat. If that goes in, it's a different game but a few minutes later Hilson scores what is an excellent goal. We went to sleep for the second though and that was that.

Now, I'm not saying we played well here. A lack of width was again evident and, as was the case last week, we need to do more in the final third. But it was a closely fought match and you have to credit Forfar who took their chances when they came, and also restricted our attacking play.

I said before this would be a difficult trip and was proved correct. Forfar have a very decent side for League One and will be in and around the play-offs. We need to do better, but it's no cause for panic just yet. A fully fit Andy Stirling will make a big difference to the team.

You couldn't accuse them of a lack of effort, was just a frustrating afternoon. Well done to Forfar.

Imperative we get a result against Airdrie next week though.

Has Jeffries blamed the Station Park pitch yet? Never mind, you will hump Forfar at home on your vast superior pitch playing passing football. Anyhow, we'll done Forfar.

The fact your shitheep of a pitch getting called a shitheep really get to you that much?

Just read Jefferies post match comments.

Its to a word identical to previous losses against Forfar.

We need to mark, you can't give them too much room.

Well how about getting the problem fixed? Nobody is laughing our club nearly died so get it sorted or piss off.

We don't look like we've stepped out of friendly mode yet. We need to step up the competitive stuff or we'll get no where. I can't believe I'm saying this about a jim jefferies side. Get in peoples faces, don't wait to be given the ball back. And for f**k sake, shoot!

just read Jeffries comments on the game on the pars website. What game was this clown watching ?!

to say we had no chances first half and we didn't threaten is a blatant lie, we could have had 2 or 3 as could Dunfermline.

listened to dicks post match review and he confirmed hilson had went to hospital for an xray, hope its not too serious :(

Archived