Sportsound Watch

27 minutes ago, ShugtheBuddie said:

I think What mcmanus was trying to say was if you are tackled or clipped in the box then you are entitled to go down if it's a foul I don't see the issue with that.  I thought he was bang on with the whole debate spoke very honestly. 

The only way I'll even countenance a player going down under a light tackle is the fact that referees appear to ignore a lot of fouls where the player stays on his feet, personally I think it's cheating and the officials should have it drummed into them that a player shouldn't need to hit the deck to get the decision.

Edited by ayrmad

I find it hilarious that McDonald is on the show especially the night they are talking about Dundee, Ross County and ICT, teams his Steelmen are fighting against in staving off relegation. The BBC are clueless. Do we really have to have that wee Ozzie on the show week in and week out? Pundits like Spence and McManus I have little issue with but current aging past their best OF players looking for extra coin, almost on every night is depressing. Cause hes an OF player who now plays for a provincial team they get away with it. Maybe if he concentrated more on helping Motherwell instead of opining about other relegation strugglers they may not be in this position. Plus he's also part of the weekends controversy. BBC really are unreal.

I will say, when he said he'd never dived like that I nearly spat out my Stella. As opposed to what kind of dive Scott? The legal above board ones...what a muppet.

5 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

I find it hilarious that McDonald is on the show especially the night they are talking about Dundee, Ross County and ICT, teams his Steelmen are fighting against in staving off relegation. The BBC are clueless. Do we really have to have that wee Ozzie on the show week in and week out? Pundits like Spence and McManus I have little issue with but current aging past their best OF players looking for extra coin, almost on every night is depressing. Cause hes an OF player who now plays for a provincial team they get away with it. Maybe if he concentrated more on helping Motherwell instead of opining about other relegation strugglers they may not be in this position. Plus he's also part of the weekends controversy. BBC really are unreal.

I will say, when he said he'd never dived like that I nearly spat out my Stella. As opposed to what kind of dive Scott? The legal above board ones...what a muppet.

What was said about ICT, anything about how Foran needs sacked?

Just that it's looking grim indeed and MacDonald mentioned he controversy surrounding his goal.

What do you make of Foran blaming the officials? Seems a little bit of a cop out. You were in trouble long before Mr. "Sportsound" MacDonald came along.

34 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Just that it's looking grim indeed and MacDonald mentioned he controversy surrounding his goal.

What do you make of Foran blaming the officials? Seems a little bit of a cop out. You were in trouble long before Mr. "Sportsound" MacDonald came along.

I can understand him blaming the linesman as it was 2-2 at time and many saw us go on and WIN which I disagreed with.

Defending was shocking so Richie HAS to go otherwise we are in deep trouble.

His time is certainly running out so every defeat is another nail in his coffin, he won't be gaffer next season surely.

The only way I'll even countenance a player going down under a light tackle is the fact that referees appear to ignore a lot of fouls where the player stays on his feet, personally I think it's cheating and the officials should have it drummed into them that a player shouldn't need to hit the deck to get the decision.

This is long overdue - a foul is a foul. As well as this we need a rule where the ref can give a foul but also book the player for making the most of it.

7 hours ago, ShugtheBuddie said:

I think What mcmanus was trying to say was if you are tackled or clipped in the box then you are entitled to go down if it's a foul I don't see the issue with that.  I thought he was bang on with the whole debate spoke very honestly. 

Utter pish. You aren't 'entitled to go down'. To do so is diving and thus cheating.

Also McManus (and McDonald) were quite clear that they consider any kind of contact at all excuse enough to cheat. Diving is diving, and isn't acceptable in any situation.

Utter pish. You aren't 'entitled to go down'. To do so is diving and thus cheating.
Also McManus (and McDonald) were quite clear that they consider any kind of contact at all excuse enough to cheat. Diving is diving, and isn't acceptable in any situation.

Agree completely. Those two muppets (McDonald & McManus) are part of the problem. It used to be if you can stay on your feet players would. These pussies today see it as part of the game and would rather flop and fold, to gain an unfair advantage, than stay up, fight for the ball and either win a legitimate foul or beat the defender with purpose and success. I feel for defenders as they can't win this battle unless referees ensure they punish it with strict consequences. But they won't. They can't.

FIFA and its continental organizations like UEFA are also the problem. They've let this shit leak into our game over generations. Now it's no longer just the Latin countries that are notorious for promoting this cheating. It's happening globally. And as these players come to our shores they also do it and are our players are now doing it.

In my book SFA/ Refs should be working to retroactively punishing players with 4-5-6 game bans for this as video technology today is capturing them acting. If you do it a 2nd time it's a 10 game ban and £5k fine to the player. That'll stamp it out. But they won't. They can't as it'll have negative PR consequences on the league. Shambles!

So what will be done? Nothing...this shit will roll on until another team is screwed by the broken system. That point for RC may well keep them out the play off and condem a Dundee, Accies or 'Well to potential drop.

On 10/04/2017 at 18:56, Alert Mongoose said:

According to Sevcowatch tonight they shouldn't be worried about St Johnstone catching them (6 points) but they have to believe they can catch Aberdeen (9 points). Fucking hell.

Rangers too big to finish 4th

46 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

FIFA and its continental organizations like UEFA are also the problem. They've let this shit leak into our game over generations. Now it's no longer just the Latin countries that are notorious for promoting this cheating. It's happening globally. And as these players come to our shores they also do it and are our players are now doing it.

My first match was 1982 and Scottish players were diving then long before foreign players showed up. 

I think the whole argument is actually pretty nuanced.  There are different types of 'diving'.  Diving to ensure a foul is spotted by the referee, diving to ensure a player avoids a physical collision and isn't injured and diving where a player is deliberately trying to cheat the referee into making a decision.  Sometimes there are grey areas between all of those.

Personally I think a player should stay on his feet if he can reasonably expected to do so.  If someone is tripped, knicked, obstructed or put off balance to their disadvantage I don't have a problem with it even if they could have stayed on their feet.  It may or may not be a penalty but that's for the referee to decide.

Where players go down with no contact or extremely minimal contact, fake injury or with what looks like forethought to cheat the referee then I think players should be punished retrospectively with television footage. 

But it's far from a black and white issue.  Something a lot of football fans can't grasp is that interpretation is a big part of football.

16 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Was watching the English Championship highlights last night and some fella was wiped out just as he hit his effort goalwards. 

His shot hit the post and no penalty as usual forthcoming. What a swizz

56 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Was watching the English Championship highlights last night and some fella was wiped out just as he hit his effort goalwards. 

His shot hit the post and no penalty as usual forthcoming. What a swizz

I've watched defenders doing a 2 inch push(usually old heads) in the box with no penalty given, IMHO you shouldn't need pushed into the dirt to gain a spot kick, any foul that stops the attacker getting the ball or shooting/heading for goal is and should be a penalty, most ex pros talk absolute crap on this issue.

The laws of the game or refs interpretation doesn't always help, how many defenders received red cards when the attackers heel clipped their legs as they crossed in front of the defender, it's a foul/penalty but surely a red should only ever have been dished out for deliberate fouls regardless of where on the pitch it happens.

Edited by ayrmad

This constant obsession with how our game is perceived in England is beyond tiresome. 

Derek Adams also talking an absolute power of shite with regards to how strong the standard of football in England's League Two is. It's a horrific level of football where jobbers like Graham Carey, Jake Jervis and Gregg Wylde shine through.

Edited by Hammer Jag

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

It's the never ending putting down of our game that never fails to amaze me.

You'd be hard pushed to find any journalist or pundit who thinks the a team like Hamilton being in the Premiership is a good thing. Something to be celebrated. Instead, they yearn for Hibs/Dundee United to be there as they 'deserve' it, presumably based on the amount of people who come through the turnstiles at these clubs. The GIRUY factor when we survived under Reid and then last year was pleasing to say the least.

The English media and SKY actually talk their game up. Sell games between lower league teams as exciting and must see. Even when teams like Bournemouth, Blackpool and Wigan were getting promoted at the expense of the 'big' clubs, this was seen as a good thing. That would never happen up here.

That's nonsense, the media were frothing at the mouth during their blanket coverage the last time a new team was heading for the big league, 

Edited by ayrmad

It's the never ending putting down of our game that never fails to amaze me.
You'd be hard pushed to find any journalist or pundit who thinks the a team like Hamilton being in the Premiership is a good thing. Something to be celebrated. Instead, they yearn for Hibs/Dundee United to be there as they 'deserve' it, presumably based on the amount of people who come through the turnstiles at these clubs. The GIRUY factor when we survived under Reid and then last year was pleasing to say the least.
The English media and SKY actually talk their game up. Sell games between lower league teams as exciting and must see. Even when teams like Bournemouth, Blackpool and Wigan were getting promoted at the expense of the 'big' clubs, this was seen as a good thing. That would never happen up here.

You just keep on with your 'everybody hates us' complex.

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

This is long overdue - a foul is a foul. As well as this we need a rule where the ref can give a foul but also book the player for making the most of it.

Agreed, I'm embarrassed when I watch an Ayr player doing all that nonsense.