Sportsound Watch

I previously said Peter Houston was actually ok on radio.

I take it back. His constant use of 'Let's be honest about it' and 'If I'm being honest' has eroded any positives about his input.

He also created a new word today, 'slowen'. 

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I previously said Peter Houston was actually ok on radio.

I take it back. His constant use of 'Let's be honest about it' and 'If I'm being honest' has eroded any positives about his input.

He also created a new word today, 'slowen'. 

If I’m being honest, at least he now calls our top league the ‘Preemiership’ instead of the SPFL to be honest.

Given the kick-off time is offset, why didn't they take the opportunity to give us live coverage of the Cowden-Cove play-off?

Instead we have had to listen to an end of season interview with Scott Brown that will no doubt be broadcast several more times.

The sycophantic Scott Brown interview displays how much contempt they have got anything outside the bigot brothers. No need for 30 minutes of that before the last games of the league season itself and with the other playoff games on. Ridiculous decision to play that out. 

Tom English seemed rather up Brown’s arse as well. 

The sycophantic Scott Brown interview displays how much contempt they have got anything outside the bigot brothers. No need for 30 minutes of that before the last games of the league season itself and with the other playoff games on. Ridiculous decision to play that out. 
Tom English seemed rather up Brown’s arse as well. 

Scott Brown why are you so good?
Heard it also. Although it was ok no need to put it on now. Utter contempt for other sides.

Stuart and Tam had three guesses as to when Aberdeen won the Cup Winner's Cup in Gothenburg; 1965, 1987 and 1993 were the three given answers.

They also thought some obscure singer I've never heard of sang the shite 1998 Scottish World Cup song (it was Del Amitri).

Stuart got the date of when McDiarmid opened wrong as well.

Oh and they think Andy Robertson is the most expensive Scottish player ever.

I know they like to say the 'ill informed' thing, but over the last few years it's gotten worse and they've moved away from being more about the 'wee teams' to being more sycophantic towards Celtic and Sevco and more and more ignorance towards all other teams. They used to be quite knowledgeable about Scottish football, Stuart especially (Ram has always had some sycophancy around him) but it they're rapidly becoming more and more clueless. Or perhaps they Don't care?

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Stuart and Tam had three guesses as to when Aberdeen won the Cup Winner's Cup in Gothenburg; 1965, 1987 and 1993 were the three given answers.

They also thought some obscure singer I've never heard of sang the shite 1998 Scottish World Cup song (it was Del Amitri).

I know they like to say the 'ill informed' thing, but over the last few years it's gotten worse and they've moved away from being more about the 'wee teams' to being more sycophantic towards Celtic and Sevco and more and more ignorance towards all other teams. They used to be quite knowledgeable about Scottish football, Stuart especially (Ram has always had some sycophancy around him) but it they're rapidly becoming more and more clueless. Or perhaps they Don't care?

They also had Kevin Drinkell as a former Falkirk manager.

TBF that wasn't completely 100% wrong - they named Justin Currie as the singer rather than his band. But I agree with your general point.

11 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

They also had Kevin Drinkell as a former Falkirk manager.

Ha I forgot about that one. So much fail

6 minutes ago, resk said:

TBF that wasn't completely 100% wrong - they named Justin Currie as the singer rather than his band. But I agree with your general point.

I have to admit that I didn't know the name of the singer.

But I know a lot about Scottish football

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I decked Justin Currie once

It was an accident

As usual, I’m the last to know about this.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I can't listen to it anymore as I wind up in a "Stop getting Bond wrong!" type fury every time.

I used to love the programme too, but they've managed to just become a pair of tiresome old blethers.  The mistakes they make are getting ever more ridiculous and that sycophancy is getting ever more evident too.

A replacement show is now long overdue.