Sportsound Watch

48 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

My first thought of Brown was a midfielder. Great to have a club level but not always necessary at international 

Aye, I thought of him as a midfielder, usually wearing number 6. Think that's based on his appearance at EEP when he was sent off when we beat the original club 2-0 (Mark Smith, John Watson).

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

He was a thug. He made a career of being Rangers' man who ran around kicking people.

If you want someone to go and boot a particular opponent up in the air, he's your man. But he was not an international-level footballer.

Terry Hurlock

Graham Roberts

Graeme Souness...

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye, I thought of him as a midfielder, usually wearing number 6. Think that's based on his appearance at EEP when he was sent off when we beat the original club 2-0 (Mark Smith, John Watson).

Today a great victory's been won,

and I don't want to spread any gloom.

But who knows what happened, to the te-le-vis-ee-on,

In the Rangers dressing room.

I think John Collins has potential on co comms, but he's far too passionate about Hibs which clouds his views, which is a shame as he makes pretty good observations.

Well, I had thought that. Then I listened to the preview of tomorrow's match and his "analysis" of Hearts was "uuh Lawrence Shankland scores goals" 🙄 Wow. Great insight there 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I think John Collins has potential on co comms, but he's far too passionate about Hibs which clouds his views, which is a shame as he makes pretty good observations.

Well, I had thought that. Then I listened to the preview of tomorrow's match and his "analysis" of Hearts was "uuh Lawrence Shankland scores goals" 🙄 Wow. Great insight there 😂😂😂

Translation: "I don't actually watch Scottish football".

See also; Bonner, Pat.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Translation: "I don't actually watch Scottish football".

See also; Bonner, Pat.

Again, I ask what these guys do all fucking day. 

Anyway I've completely changed my mind as he wanks himself into a coma over Martin Boyle hitting the back of the net... "Possession football".... It was a long ball by the centre back 🤔

5 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Again, I ask what these guys do all fucking day. 

Anyway I've completely changed my mind as he wanks himself into a coma over Martin Boyle hitting the back of the net... "Possession football".... It was a long ball by the centre back 🤔

They do f**k all

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

Collins is a moron. Obviously hes gutted post match (as you say didnt hide his bias) but his shite suggesting Hibs were some footballing giants today was as weird as it was wrong

12 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Collins is a moron. Obviously hes gutted post match (as you say didnt hide his bias) but his shite suggesting Hibs were some footballing giants today was as weird as it was wrong

https://twitter.com/ThisMyStoryPod/status/1720894730844709072?t=7AYmwjZIVbIT6CRBQ9UAWQ&s=19

😂😂 Collins is an intelligent moron. Apparently he's a Celtic fan though???!!

Amusing incident when, I think it was a potential Aberdeen penalty call, the commentator confirmed that it wasn't with the statement "Willie Mille/ar doesn't think it's a penalty" 😂

4 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

https://twitter.com/ThisMyStoryPod/status/1720894730844709072?t=7AYmwjZIVbIT6CRBQ9UAWQ&s=19

😂😂 Collins is an intelligent moron. Apparently he's a Celtic fan though???!!

Amusing incident when, I think it was a potential Aberdeen penalty call, the commentator confirmed that it wasn't with the statement "Willie Mille/ar doesn't think it's a penalty" 😂

Top level punditry on Radio Scotland eh

Collins saying Hibs were superior in every way. Less of the ball. Less shots on target. No goals. They won on corners. Ill give him that.

17 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Has a weird obsession of using the word "penetrating" too often.

Penetrating runs, penetrating passes. It annoys me more than it should!

He also hasn't quite yet grasped the concept of explaining what he's thinking and seeing without it coming across like he's talking down to dullards with what he thinks is less knowledge of the game than he has.

Edited by BukyOHare

Collins was a wonderful player, I think getting the insight of guys like him is important, but he is a particularly poor pundit. In the first game of the season between Hibs and St Mirren, it was clear he knew absolutely nothing about St Mirren. Stephen McGinn even had to correct him on a couple of things.

I dont have a huge problem with ex players being slightly biased towards an old team, but if you're being paid to talk about football you should at least have the decency to know about the teams that are playing. 

19 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

From wants generally been said on Twitter it was a red card. But why not snip out a John Robertson quote as he's there too - of course Bonnar is going to say it was a red! May as well have asked for a quote from the Green Brigade 

Screenshot_20231104-133717.png

Was unfortunate enough to endure Peter Grant’s co-commentary on the Celtic St Mirren game during the week, and he made Pat Bonner sound like Derek Rae. He genuinely burst into a tirade which began ‘did Rangers not get a penalty for that exact thing at the weekend?’ :lol: As if every decision between the OF needs balanced out, because it’s not like the other 10 teams in the league don’t see horrific decisions going against them on an almost weekly basis. Is every single person associated with Celtic programmed to find any angle that can paint them as the victim? Hartson, Sutton, Boyd, Bonner et al all do the same, a team that has literally won 12 domestic trophies in a row in recent history, genuinely believe there is a refereeing conspiracy against them. 

I thought Tom Boyd was the biggest simpleton that Celtic TV could muster up, but unbelievably Grant was nearly as bad. The fact he’s still making a living from football is worrying, although after his recent stint at Dunfermline I think Celtic TV is as good as it gets for him. 

On 30/10/2023 at 17:37, Darren said:

If you take Scotland's Euro 92 squad as a reference point, we had the following players who could play centre half: Richard Gough, Maurice Malpas, Dave McPherson, Tom Boyd, Alan McLaren. This at a point when John Brown was already 30.

Alex McLeish and Craig Levein both made appearances for Scotland after this, while in the mid to late 1980s Alan Hansen and Willie Miller were still on the scene.

In that context, it's not much of a surprise he wasn't capped.

Brown was probably more deserving of a cap when he was at Dundee in the mid 80s, if you consider Gary Mackay, Ian Wilson, Peter Grant all won caps there is a case for Brown at Dundee as there was for Bobby Geddes,