Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

I think Scotlands top league has been called 4 different things tonight

Someone please tell Scott MacDonald it isn't the fckn SPFL

Indeed.  P&B has improved but we also had posters using "SPFL" to mean the top tier.  We also still have at least one poster thinking it's still The SPL:

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  P&B has improved but we also had posters using "SPFL" to mean the top tier.  We also still have at least one poster thinking it's still The SPL:

Your fellow Rangers fan, Bennett, once called it the SFPL then the SPLF later in the same thread.

52 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Annoying as that is, at least the posters on here aren't paid to be informed, authoritative voices on the subject.

It's ridiculous that these guys on the radio haven't sorted this out.  It really is not at all difficult.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Annoying as that is, at least the posters on here aren't paid to be informed, authoritative voices on the subject.

It's ridiculous that these guys on the radio haven't sorted this out.  It really is not at all difficult.

Indeed.  I have a hefty wager that you and I have flounced in unison over this very issue before.

Despite them having reporters at all the Championship games today, they're not having Open All Mics and instead will just have updates whilst there is live commentary of, according to Richard Gordon, Dundee United vs Queen of the South

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Despite them having reporters at all the Championship games today, they're not having Open All Mics and instead will just have updates whilst there is live commentary of, according to Richard Gordon, Dundee United vs Queen of the South

How is that even possible for a professional broadcaster to make that most basic of mistakes? 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Kris Boyd earlier;

"You can't get any bigger than an old firm semi final."

Almost audible sound of gears turning..

"Except a final."

Typical controversy for controversy's sake from Boyd IMO.

Programme advertised as talking about Celtic Aberdeen Rangers and Hibs.

45 mins on the Glasgow Derby

15 minutes on AFC Hibs with constant references to Celtic.

I don't know why I put myself through it night after night.

I don't often listen to the midweek but stayed late at work today and heard a wee bit on the way home tonight. Wow. Is it always that bad? I heard about 30 minutes, totally devoted to one game. The pundits couldn't understand anything about the game by the way their confusion became more and more strained. Then at one point Spiers was talking about how the new Rangers manager was needing time to sort things out and that it was still Warburton's squad before Pat Bonner interrupted him saying something "But Graham, he needs time! He needs to get his own players in!" - either he wasn't listening or he totally didn't understand he was making the same point. Barry Ferguson's sounds even thicker than his brother when he does he is Jack. And. Jill. Live. In. Hill. Street. Style match reports. And Kenny "That's FAN-tastic" McIntyre just sounds anything like a professional broadcaste. I'm glad I don't hear it often tbh. 

The Sportsound rogue's gallery from Hampden on Sunday.

58fe77717424b_ScreenShot2017-04-24at22_56_24.thumb.png.d0f743813ba5d0c6afd86d60cece46ab.png

Bonner and Boyd...taking glaikit expressions to new levels.

(It's also mildly amusing that, given the debate over the definition of "statuesque" on the other thread, Liam McLeod has to peer round his monitor to see the pitch).