Sportsound Watch

On 06/08/2017 at 14:21, forkboy said:

What exactly the is the reason for giving an ex-Rangers player time to show how ignorant he is about Scottish football all that time to spout pish on Radio Scotland?

Just placating seething Rangers fans? Nothing else?

It's this that annoys me.  

Mols has clearly, as you'd expect paid very little attention to Scottish football in recent years, giving it very little thought.  He just knows that Rangers wound up down the leagues because they went bust.

He has literally no insight to offer at all.  His relevance to our game ended some time ago.  Of course, he makes the silly comments about the six in a row, which then get pitched up to fabricate some needless controversy. 

It's desperately infantile and it reflects the increasingly tabloid nature of what BBC Scotland offers in terms of sports coverage.  They should be above it and Tom English certainly should be.

It's just rubbish, aimed at the mindless.

Caught a bit tonight where they were talking about the Hearts job. It was mentioned that Steve McLaren is apparently interested, so they talked a wee bit about him and played the amusing clip of him talking in a Dutch accent.
Then one of the bigot morons, I think it was Derek Ferguson, pipes up "What about Joey Barton's French accent?"

Nothing wrong with Ferguson saying that to be fair. It was relevant and added a bit of humour. Think that would've been said regardless of whether Barton had played for the **** or not.

Nothing wrong with Ferguson saying that to be fair. It was relevant and added a bit of humour. Think that would've been said regardless of whether Barton had played for the **** or not.

If you actually listen to it it wasn't relevant. The conversation had moved on about 5 minutes from the whole Dutch accent thing.

I think they were discussing mclarens coaching and last records and he just jumped in with "WHAT ABOUT JOEY BARTON"

If you actually listen to it it wasn't relevant. The conversation had moved on about 5 minutes from the whole Dutch accent thing.

I think they were discussing mclarens coaching and last records and he just jumped in with "WHAT ABOUT JOEY BARTON"

Big deal.

No more was said on it, wee laugh and they quickly moved on. Hardly something to greet about.

I was merely correcting you sir. Don't get tetchy.

Haha not at all lad, sometimes think people just moan for the sake of it though. ;)

Fully agree that the show has a lot of flaws and bad moments but don't think that was one.

I actually thought last nights was quite good for a change. Hope Commons is on more often.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In what way was it relevant to the discussion of a Hearts' new manager?

46 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That's just how quickly a conversation enters his head, it rattles around his brain, he computes a response and then manages to spit out a reply.

''Scottish football died when Rangers were relegated to the fourth division.''
''But did the authorities make the right decision by punishing Rangers for what they did?''
''It's hard to say. I don't really know the rules.''
Jesus Christ.

I would have thought Old Testament.
Genesis or Exodus at a guess.

In what way was it relevant to the discussion of a Hearts' new manager?

Clearly, clearly another example of someone putting on a foreign accent in an interview. Like they'd already discussed McLaren (a potential new Hearts manager) doing.

You know that though.

50 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Clearly, clearly another example of someone putting on a foreign accent in an interview. Like they'd already discussed McLaren (a potential new Hearts manager) doing.

You know that though.

Away and don't talk shite. The discussion wasn't about silly accents. The discussion was about Hearts' search for a new manager. It was 100% irrelevant. It was just an excuse to crowbar some tenuous Sevco shite in to the discussion

Away and don't talk shite. The discussion wasn't about silly accents. The discussion was about Hearts' search for a new manager. It was 100% irrelevant. It was just an excuse to crowbar some tenuous Sevco shite in to the discussion

[emoji1]

I have a feeling that if this had happened on the Terrace or Soccer FM or whatever you wouldn't have a problem with it.

No big deal whatsoever and I find it mental that one line annoyed you enough that you have posted about it on here.

Maybe you're better off just no listening. It would've been said regardless of the sevco link.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

emoji1.png

I have a feeling that if this had happened on the Terrace or Soccer FM or whatever you wouldn't have a problem with it.

No big deal whatsoever and I find it mental that one line annoyed you enough that you have posted about it on here.

Maybe you're better off just no listening.

You find it mental that I took 30 seconds to type a post on a forum I post on fairly often?

You're clearly not getting what the issue was with it.

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You're mental.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's desperately infantile and it reflects the increasingly tabloid nature of what BBC Scotland offers in terms of sports coverage.  They should be above it and Tom English certainly should be.

It's just rubbish, aimed at the mindless.

Spot on. They've been like a Rangers/Rangers Int oriented Old Firm fanzine for ages which is why I haven't listened to the station for a number of years. They are actually doing the opposite of what they're there for by more or less ignoring the small guys but obviously nobody above BBC Scotland monitors their output or cares. It's a disgrace.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Ferguson is many things but he doesn't come across as a bigot or someone who shoehorns Rangers into radio discussions, Hamilton>youth>Hearts>Rangers was his usual breakdown of discussion pieces.

I like Derek Ferguson. He loves Scottish football. It doesn't matter to him it it's Rangers, Celtic or Elgin he's covering - he'll still be as happy as a pig in shit. Which is more than can be said for the likes of Willie Miller and Packie Bonner.

He's an easy target because he isn't the most articulate and he happens to be the brother of Barry Ferguson.