Sportsound Watch

8 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Just put on the podcast myself. After reading the comments on here I thought it would be a good chuckle but it's actually painful. There's a point where Stewart is slowing down his speech to explain a basic point to Adam as a teacher might to the pupil who has made the same mistake over and over. I almost feel sorry for him, he's been asked to talk about something he knows absolutely nothing about.

Indeed.  It's the BBC filling its pro-Rangers quota for the debate.  It's quite a pity for Adam that he's been put into bat against someone far more knowledgeable about the Scottish game, and far more intelligent in general.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Dundonian is and old norse word meaning "supporter of minteresque fitba teams".  Bit of a French crossover.

Aberdonian likewise is an old Norse word meaning "one with the fluff" or sheep shagger in today's terminology.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Just put on the podcast myself. After reading the comments on here I thought it would be a good chuckle but it's actually painful. There's a point where Stewart is slowing down his speech to explain a basic point to Adam as a teacher might to the pupil who has made the same mistake over and over. I almost feel sorry for him, he's been asked to talk about something he knows absolutely nothing about.

Aye, its like hes treating him as a remedial pupil - Adam called one of Stewarts comments "stupit" :lol: then contradicted himself

BBCKennyHun trying to throw Adam some easy questions and he still makes a shop front of it.

Its brilliant stuff, Adam even makes Lee McCulloch sound half intelligent........................actually, naw

Played against Charlie Adam in Dundee schools football circa 2001.

He said I was a good player but not to kick him so much.

Wish I kicked him more - he's a brain dead mutant pushing the establishment agenda.

Stewart had him on toast - as mentioned above it was like a teacher dealing with a problematic teenager in a foundation Maths class.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The worst thing for Adam is he doesn't even know what he's arguing.

Stewart is just saying it's too early to judge either team one game into a season and given their troubles in the past they should have a bit of respect.  Instead he just continually drones on about Rangers being better than last season and bringing it back to "I'm admitting Celtic are better".  It just sums up the polarised view of football in this country by some.

Resources v football knowledge,given sevco have a rookie manager gives the other clubs a chance at finishing second,for me Steve G isn't even the forth best manager in the league yet it's easy to say they will finish second,punching above your weight clubs have got a lot prove,give aberdeen the respect they deserve.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed.  It's the BBC filling its pro-Rangers quota for the debate.  It's quite a pity for Adam that he's been put into bat against someone far more knowledgeable about the Scottish game, and far more intelligent in general.

There's truth in that.

I don't actually like that they sometimes try to set up these confrontations.  It's got a bit of the Jeremy Kyles about it.  The one a couple of years ago between John Brown and Tom English, bordered on the distasteful.

In this one, I doubt if Adam had much idea what was coming when invited to follow up on last week's interview.   The point is though that these players should be prepared to back up what they say.  It's because they are so rarely required to, that they come out with any old received stuff, which is then shaped by someone else into the basis of an article.

I'm sure Adam felt a bit like he'd been ambushed as he reeled away after that and in some ways he maybe had been.  Diddies need someone to bat against the OF narrative though, and in Stewart we've got someone strong.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There's truth in that.

I don't actually like that they sometimes try to set up these confrontations.  It's got a bit of the Jeremy Kyles about it.  The one a couple of years ago between John Brown and Tom English, bordered on the distasteful.

In this one, I doubt if Adam had much idea what was coming when invited to follow up on last week's interview.   The point is though that these players should be prepared to back up what they say.  It's because they are so rarely required to, that they come out with any old received stuff, which is then shaped by someone else into the basis of an article.

I'm sure Adam felt a bit like he'd been ambushed as he reeled away after that and in some ways he maybe had been.  Diddies need someone to bat against the OF narrative though, and in Stewart we've got someone strong.

Even if Adam did know what was coming, would his narrative really been any different?  Do you think he would have "swotted up" on progress at the likes of Kilmarnock, Hibs and the continued turgid shite that his "beloved" Dundee and Hamilton continue to serve up?

I doubt they will find anyone to counter argue the likes of Stewart and English in a structured, intelligent manner because, well, we all know why. 

Fucking raging after listening to Adam. What an utter c**t and that accent is an embarrassment to the fine city of Dundee. He’s got the next Alan Brazil written all over him, trying his best to fit in down south whilst slating the Scottish game even though he’s not got a fucking clue about it. Rangers weren’t even that good yesterday what is it I’m missing that everyone else is seeing.

Once again pish like that is why every Scottish fan will revel in their failure this season.

Hope Maribor pump them Thursday and St Mirren take points from them next Sunday.

Just listening to Monday’s show now, Jesus H. Christ, Charlie Adam shouldn’t be allowed out in public, he just makes a fool of himself. “It’s been all about Rangers and Celtic for 25 years” “how? Rangers were out the league for a number of years” “aw, well done Mikey”.
Michael Stewart not even saying Rangers won’t come 2nd, just saying they’ve no god given right to.

Unfortunately Charlie is doing nothing more than displaying many of the mainstay opinions of Scottish football journalists. It's not his fault he spouts this fountain of pish as it is what fans of two teams have had fed to them by the sycophantic media for years.
Nothing in this is a surprise as he is clearly a bit dim and of the type that takes what he reads in the Daily Record as fact.
The sad point for me is that Michael Stewart, clearly a clever and eloquent man, chooses to challenge Charlie Adam rather than the almost limitless array of 'pundits' of the same ilk who preceded him. There were so many other occasions over the last year or two where he could have taken on someone of note. Taking on the stupidest man in the room, of many rooms, cheapened his point in my opinion.
His points were still valid though.

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fucking raging after listening to Adam. What an utter c**t and that accent is an embarrassment to the fine city of Dundee. He’s got the next Alan Brazil written all over him, trying his best to fit in down south whilst slating the Scottish game even though he’s not got a fucking clue about it. Rangers weren’t even that good yesterday what is it I’m missing that everyone else is seeing.

Once again pish like that is why every Scottish fan will revel in their failure this season.

Hope Maribor pump them Thursday and St Mirren take points from them next Sunday.

For giving an opinion on where he thinks a team will finish in the league?

Scottish football has truly lost the plot, three days of ranting over someone's opinion.

13 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Just listening to Monday’s show now, Jesus H. Christ, Charlie Adam shouldn’t be allowed out in public, he just makes a fool of himself. “It’s been all about Rangers and Celtic for 25 years” “how? Rangers were out the league for a number of years” “aw, well done Mikey”.
Michael Stewart not even saying Rangers won’t come 2nd, just saying they’ve no god given right to.

Yes, nobody is fussed that he has an opinion on where Rangers will finish, but what really grinds my gears is that Sportsound bring on people like Adam and McCulloch who lack the mental capacity to back up their opinions. 

Adam is like that staunch guy down the pub who hasnt been to a match for 20 years, but can still tell you that player XY or Z will be brilliant for "the berrrrz" on account of reading regurgitated pish from keith jackson in the Record.

Yes, nobody is fussed that he has an opinion on where Rangers will finish, but what really grinds my gears is that Sportsound bring on people like Adam and McCulloch who lack the mental capacity to back up their opinions. 
Adam is like that staunch guy down the pub who hasnt been to a match for 20 years, but can still tell you that player XY or Z will be brilliant for "the berrrrz" on account of reading regurgitated pish from keith jackson in the Record.

Aye, exactly. Rangers might well finish second - if they do then well done, good achievement and clear progress. But saying Rangers will definitely finish second because they’re so much better than everyone else” - well, what the f**k you basing that on, Chuckles? Like you say, it’s just pish regurgitated from the Record. Probably why it’s so annoying.

11 hours ago, bennett said:

For giving an opinion on where he thinks a team will finish in the league?

Eh no. Claiming that The Rangers will finish in the top 2 by default. He wasn't giving an opinion, he was stating it as a god given right.

If he had said something along the lines of "I believe Rangers have what it takes to finish 2nd this season". That would have been absolutely fine. But that's not what he said.