Sportsound Watch

Just now, NJ2 said:

Aye, exactly. Rangers might well finish second - if they do then well done, good achievement and clear progress. But saying Rangers will definitely finish second because they’re so much better than everyone else” - well, what the f**k you basing that on, Chuckles? Like you say, it’s just pish regurgitated from the Record. Probably why it’s so annoying.

Bang on again,

Adam really nailed his colours and lack of knowledge to the mast with that "its always about Rangers and Celtic" stuff. He was only half right - at this point in football history, its broadly all about Celtic.

Rangers have not got a pot to piss in - yes they have a brilliant number of STs, but as we all know, Celtic have tens of millions in the bank, and can outspend Rangers for years to come, especially if they keep qualifying for champions league group stages.

If (and its a big if right now) Rangers get through to the group stages of european competition, they get a few million which will help - but unless Dave King actually has any real money to spend (and I think we all know the answer to that one) then the Gerrard experiment is doomed to fail.

Its utterly inconceivable that Rangers will win the league - they might be in for a shout with the cups, but then so are Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and a few others.

According to Charlie Adam it was "pre-season" for Burnley, so as to diminish any kind of credibility that AFC could possibly give an EPL club a run for their money.

This is despite (as Michael Stewart pointed out) both Burnley and Aberdeen knowing back at the end of May that their first competitive match would occur on July 26th, with their respective league seasons starting just the one week apart.

There's enough people lining up to sneer at Scottish football, without the Scots playing down there joining in.

Still, he's not the first - surely it's about time Sportsound wheeled out another Graeme Souness interview, so he can give us his in-depth knowledge of the game north of the border.

Edited by tarapoa

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

According to Charlie Adam it was "pre-season" for Burnley, so as to diminish any kind of credibility that AFC could possibly give an EPL club a run for their money.

This is despite (as Michael Stewart pointed out) both Burnley and Aberdeen knowing back at the end of May that their first competitive match would occur on July 26th, with their respective league seasons starting just the one week apart.

There's enough people lining up to sneer at Scottish football, without the Scots playing down there joining in.

Still, he's not the first - surely it's about time Sportsound wheeled out another Graeme Souness interview, so he can give us his in-depth knowledge of the game north of the border.

He's not Scottish, he's British m8. It's compulsory for a North Britain to talk anything about Scotland down.

15 hours ago, bennett said:

For giving an opinion on where he thinks a team will finish in the league?

Scottish football has truly lost the plot, three days of ranting over someone's opinion.

Don't be silly Bennett.

I too think that Rangers will finish second this season, on the basis that the hilarious ineptitude surely can't continue indefinitely.   

The trouble was that Adam was hopelessly dismissive of the other sides and couldn't offer serious support to his view that Rangers will mount a title challenge.

He was called out on it and looked very foolish.  That's all Bennett.

Since Michael Stewart will almost certainly be reading this, when this happens (which it will), can you ask him what his EBT was for? Maybe put in a mention of the Hearts forum KICKBACK while framing the question.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't be silly Bennett.

I too think that Rangers will finish second this season, on the basis that the hilarious ineptitude surely can't continue indefinitely.   

The trouble was that Adam was hopelessly dismissive of the other sides and couldn't offer serious support to his view that Rangers will mount a title challenge.

He was called out on it and looked very foolish.  That's all Bennett.

As I said Scottish football has completely lost the plot, have you any idea how preposterous this Stewart bandwagoning comes across.

Since Saturday Rangers have been getting attacked because a former player made a guess on a possible league position, utterly ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

As I said Scottish football has completely lost the plot, have you any idea how preposterous this Stewart bandwagoning comes across.

Since Saturday Rangers have been getting attacked because a former player made a guess on a possible league position, utterly ridiculous.

Rangers have not been getting attacked because of that,  you compete and utter man child. 

Edited by Rugster

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

I've not 'attacked' Rangers for what Adam said.

I've merely backed Stewart for holding him to account.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've not 'attacked' Rangers for what Adam said.

I've merely backed Stewart for holding him to account.

I never said that you did.

Pretty arrogant of clever Michael but I can see why it would appeal to some.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What's arrogant about questioning someone's comments?

Merely questioning..... We both know that Michael went further than that and belittled a guy who should never have been in that position.

...and I won't be repeating the same post over and over again before you start.

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

Merely questioning..... We both know that Michael went further than that and belittled a guy who should never have been in that position.

...and I won't be repeating the same post over and over again before you start.

Aw come on man !

Adam gave a ludicrous interview during which he made a number of ridiculous points about Scottish football and your team in particular. It was his choice to accept the interview, if he was unprepared then its 100% his fault.

MS then said on the weekend show that his points were silly (he wasnt the only one, Willie Miller also said pretty much the same stuff).

CA was clearly miffed and wanted his "right of reply" hence the call into Kenny Macs show.

Again, when he called in to defend his ridiculous points he had done zero homework, and again - that he was in this position was entirely his fault.

He epitomises the entitled Rangers support who think they have been in some way unfairly dealt with by Scottish football .

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Aw come on man !

Adam gave a ludicrous interview during which he made a number of ridiculous points about Scottish football and your team in particular. It was his choice to accept the interview, if he was unprepared then its 100% his fault.

MS then said on the weekend show that his points were silly (he wasnt the only one, Willie Miller also said pretty much the same stuff).

CA was clearly miffed and wanted his "right of reply" hence the call into Kenny Macs show.

Again, when he called in to defend his ridiculous points he had done zero homework, and again - that he was in this position was entirely his fault.

He epitomises the entitled Rangers support who think they have been in some way unfairly dealt with by Scottish football .

In fairness, I don't think it was a case of Adam phoning in.  My guess would be that he was invited to speak further about what was said in the interview.  Maybe he was to some extent, set up, but he should be more careful about expressing opinions he can't support.

I do actually have a little sympathy for him as an individual in this, but it's great to hear the kind of rubbish he came out with challenged and exposed as such.  It doesn't happen often enough.

In fairness, I don't think it was a case of Adam phoning in.  My guess would be that he was invited to speak further about what was said in the interview.  Maybe he was to some extent, set up, but he should be more careful about expressing opinions he can't support.
I do actually have a little sympathy for him as an individual in this, but it's great to hear the kind of rubbish he came out with challenged and exposed as such.  It doesn't happen often enough.
Adam is a fud that can't be arsed actually finding out about the relevant facts on what he decides to spout off about to the media.
Last season his brother couldn't get into the Forfar side and he pointed out our incumbent keeper was dire and his brother should be getting a game.
We were pretty poor, shipping goals every week but our other keeper was outstanding and we'd almost certainly been relegated if it was not for him.