Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I did miss Naismith's ppearance midweek, yes. But even if you're right, one night doesn't suddenly make everything OK. It's a horrendous show. The BBC need to rip it all up and start again.

I think what's telling is that when you speak to anybody who doesn't support the Old Firm, they will tell you the same thing about Sportsound. It's not just an online whinge-fest. People are genuinely fed up, and rightly so.

So you think celtic and sevco get to much coverage on this show?

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Absolutely. All too often they are the main issue on the show, even when they are not the main issue that week.

I appreciate that they are the best-supported clubs in the country and will naturally get a lot of attention, but it's the BBC's job to cover the league, not two clubs.

Their guests are too Old Firm-heavy, and usually their Old Firm guests are very poor. Scott MacDonald, Patt Bonner, Lee McCulloch, Kris Boyd, Kris Commons etc. These guys are dreadful on the radio, and wouldn't be there if they hadn't played for the Old Firm.

Old Firm supporters are more than adequately catered for by the commercial media. While the BBC obviously should cover them, the nature of their coverage goes way over the score.

I can understand why it would be difficult for an Old Firm fan to understand this.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's posts like this that show the trolling. He knows damn well what people think as it's already been done to death. 

Delighted to hear the interview with Steve Clarke begin with a topic that he comprehensively covered during the week. Total waste of time.

Edited by JTS98

7 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Absolutely. All too often they are the main issue on the show, even when they are not the main issue that week.

I appreciate that they are the best-supported clubs in the country and will naturally get a lot of attention, but it's the BBC's job to cover the league, not two clubs.

Their guests are too Old Firm-heavy, and usually their Old Firm guests are very poor. Scott MacDonald, Patt Bonner, Lee McCulloch, Kris Boyd, Kris Commons etc. These guys are dreadful on the radio, and wouldn't be there if they hadn't played for the Old Firm.

Old Firm supporters are more than adequately catered for by the commercial media. While the BBC obviously should cover them, the nature of their coverage goes way over the score.

I can understand why it would be difficult for an Old Firm fan to understand this.

It's the opposite for me,I agree there is too many x-players from the Glasgow clubs,but it doesn't surprise me.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not wanting to speak for DA, but I'd imagine the 'never been a good game on one' is one of the things.

I've never seen a good game on one but that's just my experience/opinion, I'm sure that others will say different...

'There's never been a good game on an artificial surface' is up for debate?
Interesting.
I'm taking it to be slightly different.

"Games tend to be not as good on plastic pitches".

Obviously there will be exceptions to the original point - if you're going to be pedantic.