Sportsound Watch

7 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It is laughable how scared the BBC are of Rangers here. How on earth is someone giving his opinion (which is quite literally the reason they pay Stewart a salary) 'not being fair and balanced'? As others have said, there are countless things that he and others have said about people where the individual in question has not been there to respond. Not once have I heard that being described as unfair or not balanced.

If they felt there was an issue they should have contacted Rangers to give Traynor or a Rangers representative the chance to respond, that is all that is required here. It's then up to Rangers whether they wish to respond or not. It is quite fitting that Stewart's point was that Traynor is a bully, and by the BBCs pathetic cowering in response they have proven to all that that is the case.

If Michael was employed by Clyde or Bt sports etc then he'd have more leeway in what he could say but with the BBC being publicly funded, they have a strict code of conduct which Michael obviously broke.

It seems like he's falling into the be controversial to stay relevant trap (Sutton), maybe he should do a wee bit of research before going up against an old media hand like dangerous Jim Traynor. 

They're not talking to us, so obviously there will be no communication and its probably gone too far now to ever change. 

19 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It is laughable how scared the BBC are of Rangers here. How on earth is someone giving his opinion (which is quite literally the reason they pay Stewart a salary) 'not being fair and balanced'? As others have said, there are countless things that he and others have said about people where the individual in question has not been there to respond. Not once have I heard that being described as unfair or not balanced.

If they felt there was an issue they should have contacted Rangers to give Traynor or a Rangers representative the chance to respond, that is all that is required here. It's then up to Rangers whether they wish to respond or not. It is quite fitting that Stewart's point was that Traynor is a bully, and by the BBCs pathetic cowering in response they have proven to all that that is the case.

The BBC are banned from Rangers and Ibrox

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

If Michael was employed by Clyde or Bt sports etc then he'd have more leeway in what he could say but with the BBC being publicly funded, they have a strict code of conduct which Michael obviously broke.

It seems like he's falling into the be controversial to stay relevant trap (Sutton), maybe he should do a wee bit of research before going up against an old media hand like dangerous Jim Traynor. 

They're not talking to us, so obviously there will be no communication and its probably gone too far now to ever change. 

I thought M.S. was annoyed because some people were blaming him for the guy allegedly brake tampering

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

As I've said, I'm a fan of Stewart, but there's an element of truth there.

He needs to make sure he's on firmer ground before fighting his next good fight.   He doesn't want to appear to be pointlessly courting controversy, as he'll be easily - if perhaps unfairly - characterised that way if he makes further mistakes.

The Spanish translation thing should have been resisted - it lacks a little class.

Just now, ewan14 said:

The BBC are banned from Rangers and Ibrox

No they're not. 

Besides the point I know, but this sort of misunderstanding of what actually happened gives ammo to these mutants.

One person got banned. The BBC rightly backed their man and chose to stay away. Not that it makes a difference since, despite what the staunch deluded idiots think, the BBC will still always be desperate to cover everything they do.

3 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

I thought M.S. was annoyed because some people were blaming him for the guy allegedly brake tampering

It was supposedly a P.I who was tampering with the car and attaching a tracker, according to the sunday mail he's been charged. 

Edited by bennett

Does the code of conduct apply when they used to drag up any has been Orc to talk about how deranged Aberdeen players and Aberdeen supporters were when they played the team from Ibrox ?

Was the code of conduct applied when an ex Orc said Aberdeen supporters can’t be trusted to behave themselves ?

Can’t remember the apology

1 minute ago, G-MAN said:

Does the code of conduct apply when they used to drag up any has been Orc to talk about how deranged Aberdeen players and Aberdeen supporters were when they played the team from Ibrox ?

Was the code of conduct applied when an ex Orc said Aberdeen supporters can’t be trusted to behave themselves ?

Can’t remember the apology

No idea, never dealt with any orcs.

Maybe these guys can help.

340?cb=20180516150721

6 minutes ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

No they're not. 

Besides the point I know, but this sort of misunderstanding of what actually happened gives ammo to these mutants.

One person got banned. The BBC rightly backed their man and chose to stay away. Not that it makes a difference since, despite what the staunch deluded idiots think, the BBC will still always be desperate to cover everything they do.

Careful.

Someone will pipe up to say that even that "one person" wasn't banned - he merely had press privileges removed for Ibrox.

There's not the merest suggestion of course that anything he reported (from Easter Road incidentally) was untrue.  Rangers just didn't like it.

7 minutes ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

No they're not. 

Sorry , I stand corrected

5 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Yes , that was unbelievable

This probably will go over the head of the likes of Bennett and Kincardine but, Michael Stewart at no point had a go at Rangers as a club, his criticism was of Traynor and how, with his victim siege mentality, using the club and individuals connected to it for point scoring in personal vendettas against individuals and organisations he personally bears grudges with, and embarrassing spin like the car brakes drivel and the subtitle lies he is actually dragging the club down and very few Rangers fans can see it.

Saw a blue nose on Twitter today saying that, since King left the boardroom Traynor has little support left at Ibrox, many would like to see him punted as he is embarrassing the club and it's support with this kind of pish and his Level 5 PR services aren't cheap either. 

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Careful.

Someone will pipe up to say that even that "one person" wasn't banned - he merely had press privileges removed for Ibrox.

There's not the merest suggestion of course that anything he reported (from Easter Road incidentally) was untrue.  Rangers just didn't like it.

What did he report ?

33 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

You cannot spell my name right even if it is in front of you

You saw Harper playing ?

I do apologise, however it wasn’t in front of me when I was typing, is my excuse. I saw Joey playing his first match at Pittodrie for Aberdeen in October 1969 against Partick Thistle when he scored his first goal from a penalty. Saw plenty of games and goals after that.