Sportsound Watch

3 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Lee McCulloch and Peter Grant.

Nooo !

That is an absolute dream team.

If you gave me a pen and paper, and four hours to come up with the 2 people in the world least worth listening to, I couldn't do as good a job as the bloke who chose that pair.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Think I got through maybe 90 seconds of Grant and Mcculloch before I had to bail and just stuck a podcast on for the drive home. 

530 the BBC wheel out Grant and McCulloch with the latter coming away with something along the lines of "I don't think this season's gone as Michael Beale would've hoped for".

The thinking man's pundit.

Just out of interest, is there a fee for these washed up ex players to collect from tax payers money and if so how much are we talking? 

While the world still turns, there'll never be a shortage of quantity over quality when it comes to insightful coverage of Scottish football.

Peter Grant's opening gambit today was telling the world that Scottish football needs and lives off the drama and storyline's created by the OF. 

I turned it off after that to save being overwhelmed by the insightful punditry that surely followed. Pity cause I missed hearing Dougie Donnelly's music choices....

36 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Peter Grant's opening gambit today was telling the world that Scottish football needs and lives off the drama and storyline's created by the OF. 

This really annoyed me. Some pish about Scottish football being built on the drama of two clubs? What a lot of shite. 

He wasn't even challenged about it which annoyed me even more. 

If only there was an alternative.  Totally  ignore  Leagues 1 and 2.   

In days  gone by we used to get  results  from Highland and Juniors.

The  530- 7pm  slot  a total waste of airwave time.

Finally  why are Celtic allowed their own personal pundit  who never covers any other team.

Did anyone hear RUGBY UNION's Peter Wright giving us his opinion today on Sevco's defeat and non-Gruesome supporters in general today.

What an absolute tit.

First, he said Sevco should've been up 4-0 yesterday before we scored! I was there (he wasn't) and I have no idea what he's talking about.

Then he followed that with some nonsense about all non-Gruesome supporters being "delusional" when they want their manager sacked because we can't win the league.

He thought only the Gruesomes fans have the right to call for their manager's sacking.

Stick to chasing eggs Wright.

As a side note, Kenny Miller thought he would add to the conversation that he thought 'Rangers' should be beating "teams like Aberdeen, especially at home".

Trumpet....

Edited by Bogbrush1903

32 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Did anyone hear RUGBY UNION's Peter Wright giving us his opinion today on Sevco's defeat and non-Gruesome supporters in general today.

What an absolute tit.

First, he said Sevco should've been up 4-0 yesterday before we scored! I was there (he wasn't) and I have no idea what he's talking about.

Then he followed that with some nonsense about all non-Gruesome supporters being "delusional" when they want their manager sacked because we can't win the league.

He thought only the Gruesomes fans have the right to call for their manager's sacking.

Stick to chasing eggs Wright.

As a side note, Kenny Miller thought he would add to the conversation that he thought 'Rangers' should be beating "teams like Aberdeen, especially at home".

Trumpet....

He also started the whole thing by saying ‘I don’t really watch football’. 

Shut the f**k up then. 

Not to mention his absolute rugby da comment about ‘fans seem to think they can have a go in public. Not me though, I’m a big guy’. Why is it compulsory to be a complete fucking arsehole to like rugby? 

I've not listened to too much Sportsound this season, but, Covid keeping me in the house and away from Clyde's comeback on Saturday, I had it on all afternoon and actually thought it was fine.

The reporters covering the games were enthusiastic and knowledgeable, OAM spread the time around the games fairly, and there was nothing that stuck out as too bad. Have to caveat this with the fastest I moved all weekend being to switch it off at half five at the mention of the fans and music section. Never again. Never again.

So, anything post 5.30 I am not sticking up for. But up till then I enjoyed it on Saturday.

Edited by DoingThe42

On 01/10/2023 at 00:13, fgj55 said:

If only there was an alternative.  Totally  ignore  Leagues 1 and 2.   

In days  gone by we used to get  results  from Highland and Juniors.

The  530- 7pm  slot  a total waste of airwave time.

Finally  why are Celtic allowed their own personal pundit  who never covers any other team.

Bonner should be nowhere near Sportsound, neither should Miller x2 , Grant, McCulloch, Dodds and Preston. 
There are more but I can’t be bothered writing any more names but you get my drift………

Bonner is the Corporal Jones of Sportsound….

13 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Presumably Wright was on Sunday Sportsound primarily to speak about Scotland v Romania on Saturday night, which begs the question of whether Kenny Miller gave his thoughts on the rugby?

14 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Trumpet....

He said on Sunday's podcast that Rangers have a healthy injury list.