Sportsound Watch

57 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

They've just went live to him at Firhill for Thistle v United team news and he's been talking about St Mirren for five minutes now.

It’s 1-0 to the good guys. St Mirren are wanks.

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Good of them to bring in Kenny miller to represent hibs in the commentary team and counteract Lee mcculloch. 

Has he called Rangers “us” again like he did multiple times in the build-up?

17 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Chick very nearly just paid tribute to 1966 World Cup winner Bobby Womack there, was a close one but just about salvaged it.

Not three minutes after refusing to give a half time report because he hadn’t had time to finish his pie.  

Edited by Savage Henry

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It’s 1-0 to the good guys. St Mirren are wanks.

Has he called Rangers “us” again like he did multiple times in the build-up?

He corrected himself which just brought attention to it.

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Chick wanking himself into oblivion because Souness told him this morning some vague story about doing something for Rangers.

Chick now fucking raging because English and Crichton have pissed all over his chips.

Glad I’m going to the United game today, because with Chick as the reporter, there’s not likely to be any real coverage of it.

Haha heard that.

He seemed pretty annoyed when they asked him for details.

I have no doubt Chick Young is a St Mirren fan. I also have no doubt he's a huge Sevco (previous Rangers, before they died) fan.

McIntyre and Young pulling there puddings at Souness coming back to ibrox was peak Sportsound today. I'm sure they mentioned how his football 'knowledge and wisdom' would be great for Rangers. 

English, as much as he's a bam at times, was spot on when he questioned Souness' knowledge on Scottish football 

Driving home today and thought I'd stick on the National station to get the final scores coming in from around the country. Waited long enough to hear them out after establishing over and over again, rinse and repeat again, that the blue half had won.

I thought it was an audio stream for R*ngers TV I'd managed to stumble across. It's not good enough.

Not even hiding the clear bias and airtime given must drain the patience of what should be a dedicated committed core audience.

Too long to give the scores from any other senior game and I cant think of any reason why they can't read out scores from other football leagues and heaven forbid, other sports too.

I can't believe the decision makers think this is a format to grow and develop the programme and you know, maybe entertain the majority?

Is there a clear opportunity for a third party to come up with a rival programme that covers everybody on a Saturday as equally as possible? The different platforms, bright ideas and technology that's out there makes you wonder.

Edited by BukyOHare

29 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Driving home today and thought I'd stick on the National station to get the final scores coming in from around the country. Waited long enough to hear them out after establishing over and over again, rinse and repeat again, that the blue half had won.

I thought it was an audio stream for R*ngers TV I'd managed to stumble across. It's not good enough.

Not even hiding the clear bias and airtime given must drain the patience of what should be a dedicated committed core audience.

Too long to give the scores from any other senior game and I cant think of any reason why they can't read out scores from other football leagues and heaven forbid, other sports too.

I can't believe the decision makers think this is a format to grow and develop the programme and you know, maybe entertain the majority?

Is there a clear opportunity for a third party to come up with a rival programme that covers everybody on a Saturday as equally as possible? The different platforms, bright ideas and technology that's out there makes you wonder.

I doubt anyone but the BBC bid on the radio rights.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I doubt anyone but the BBC bid on the radio rights.

Was there not a season a few years ago that they didn’t get them?  I seem to remember Sportsound just being match reports for a while, but I may be wrong.  I assume there is at least one rival bid, but I don’t know who it would be from. 

15 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

McIntyre and Young pulling there puddings at Souness coming back to ibrox was peak Sportsound today. I'm sure they mentioned how his football 'knowledge and wisdom' would be great for Rangers. 

English, as much as he's a bam at times, was spot on when he questioned Souness' knowledge on Scottish football 

I really hope Souness DOES get more involved.

He’s a dinosaur & completely out of touch with modern day football, let alone Scottish football. 

It would be a very poor decision if The Rangers turn to him in any capacity. 

I get irrationally angry about Graeme souness and his attitude to Scottish football. I think it’s because he airs his views in an English football context and they all pat him on the head for it. 

Id be surprised if he even knows the current rangers team that well. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I get irrationally angry about Graeme souness and his attitude to Scottish football. I think it’s because he airs his views in an English football context and they all pat him on the head for it. 

Id be surprised if he even knows the current rangers team that well. 

That’s exactly it.

The fact that mob at Govan still think he’s remotely relevant is laughable 

16 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Agreed, from when I got into the car after the game until I turned off at Newton Mearns I heard nothing about the Kilmarnock game.   Only Kenny Miller talking virtually non stop about Rangers with the occasional mention of Hibs.  It was awful.

I very rarely listen to Sportsound now after the final whistle as it's basically a Celtic and Rangers round up until the nonsense starts at 5.30.   Apparently last night we were getting the musical choices of Aidan McGeady - why?

Edited by paul wright scores

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I really hope Souness DOES get more involved.

He’s a dinosaur & completely out of touch with modern day football, let alone Scottish football. 

It would be a very poor decision if The Rangers turn to him in any capacity. 

Encapsulated by his outright mockery of Brighton's choice of De Zerbi as manager because he doesn't know "our league". 

Basically "Why are they appointing this foreign nobody?"

The notion that he had the first idea who Philippe Clement was, let alone any influence in his appointment, is completely laughable, swallowed only by the true lickspittles i.e. McIntyre, Young.

An utter anachronism.

2 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Agreed, from when I got into the car after the game until I turned off at Newton Mearns I heard nothing about the Kilmarnock game.   Only Kenny Miller talking virtually non stop about Rangers with the occasional mention of Hibs.  It was awful.

Totally agree its not good enough.

The powers that be on the programme must have regular meetings about future content / direction of travel which is the bigger worry. The 530 slot needs binned as well.

How much are taxpayers getting fleeced for every Saturday putting this tripe together?

I miss West Sound for their sport coverage from all levels of the game in Ayrshire and also different sports as well.😭

On 22/10/2023 at 09:31, Savage Henry said:

Was there not a season a few years ago that they didn’t get them?  I seem to remember Sportsound just being match reports for a while, but I may be wrong.  I assume there is at least one rival bid, but I don’t know who it would be from. 

2002/03. The same season that plans for SPL TV crashed and burned, leaving no media deals in place for the opening weekend. The BBC eventually got the TV and radio rights (I think from week 2 onwards).