Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, well again said:

Don't know if I misheard yesterday but I thought I heard Derek Ferguson say that Aiden Fitzpatrick scored for Partick Thithle at Arbroath . Haven't heard him speak with a lisp before.

I noticed that as well - wasn't sure if it was down to the phone line or if he was trying out a new set of gnashers for Chic

23 hours ago, Willie adie said:

Brown was probably more deserving of a cap when he was at Dundee in the mid 80s, if you consider Gary Mackay, Ian Wilson, Peter Grant all won caps there is a case for Brown at Dundee as there was for Bobby Geddes, 

Mackay when he got his caps was a tremendous attacking midfielder.  2 footed, scored goals, creative.  

Went further back as he got older and was nowhere near as good but I'm no having him compared to Peter Grant ffs.

Sitting in the car about to go into Fir Park. Todays facts -

4 premiership games on today, none of which feature rangers or Celtic. Chat about Celtic and Rangers in Europe and VAR decisions against started at 14:17, it’s now 14:47….

Whoever can guess what they’re still talking about wins a big boat

And, once again, no commentary game when Celtic and Rangers aren’t playing Saturday 3pm. 

But they’re happy to have midweek commentaries from the likes of Dundee v Ross County and St Mirren v Hibs so it’s not an out and out aversion to anything that doesn’t involve the ugly two.

I just can’t understand it. 

Edited by The Master

40 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Fucking hell. They have been talking about VAR for about 3 hours

And all moot.

The SFA will never get rid of it. 
Their referees would never get European games for one thing. 

Scotland would be a backwater.

it’s not VAR that’s the issue, it’s the SFA’s inept officials who are in charge of it & also the fact Scotland has the budget version. 

McIntyre has mentioned VAR and Brendan Rodgers' thoughts on it more than any of the games that have not long finished. He's only taking a break from it to listen to the manager interviews because he has to.

Heard Willie Miller mention it a few times know about Aberdeen not releasing the sums they spent on transfers past couple of seasons.

His nose clearly out of joint as doesn’t seem to get the inside info he use to under the old regime. Think this is the same case with Richard Gordon as he seems to have come across bitter towards us at times as under Milne and Mciness he was always in the know. 

2 hours ago, CoF said:

Sitting in the car about to go into Fir Park. Todays facts -

4 premiership games on today, none of which feature rangers or Celtic. Chat about Celtic and Rangers in Europe and VAR decisions against started at 14:17, it’s now 14:47….

Whoever can guess what they’re still talking about wins a big boat

and them going down south !

LOL.

England don't need them and will not have them!

Rory Loy trying to defend Steven Naismith because he's 'got Hearts to a cup final' was absolute car crash stuff.

He started off as a decent pundit but he's now the latest to just defend his mates on the show. Embarrassing.

On 30/10/2023 at 13:47, VincentGuerin said:

He was a thug. He made a career of being Rangers' man who ran around kicking people.

If you want someone to go and boot a particular opponent up in the air, he's your man. But he was not an international-level footballer.

He was a very good creative central midfielder at Dundee , but then   ...

58 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

And all moot.

The SFA will never get rid of it. 
Their referees would never get European games for one thing. 

Scotland would be a backwater.

it’s not VAR that’s the issue, it’s the SFA’s inept officials who are in charge of it & also the fact Scotland has the budget version. 

Nah, VAR is definitely an issue. A quick look at pretty much every other country that uses it confirms that.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Fucking hell. They have been talking about VAR for about 3 hours

It was absolutely infuriating. How have they managed to rehash the same fucking talking points for a full year? Never ending

In the week where the Celtic manager comes out as thinking its shite or something I reluctantly admit there is space to rehash it all over again. But not at the expense of actually discussing football matches going on. Genuinely seemed like the Dundee goals were an irritant to them having to break off from the discussion.

Then McIntyre breaks the news that in a message he received today apparently Sweden don't have it. The info I glean from reading threads in here shouldn't be bombshell revelations to people paid to discuss the topic on National radio.

I came to the conclusion today its like overhearing a table of auld boys at the pub watching the scores on SSN. Just pontificating in any old shite and occasionally noticing goals going in.

They brought up Lewis Ferguson and there was a genuine opportunity to ask questions about how he is doing, what's different in Italy, where does he see himself going etc but instead its lads banter about hoping he learns enough Italian to order his family a drink when he goes over.

McIntyre must sit at home and toss off thinking of VAR, 

The argument to get rid of it i would say fine on the following conditions.

You are not allowed to criticise or question ANY decision a referee makes, if you do it's PTS deduction.

You can never have it re instated .

Clubs are not eligible to play in European competition,  after all they have VAR and I'd Scotland dont want it then obviously the clubs won't want to play in European games where it is used.

No Scottish officials can officiate in any eufa or FIFA competition.

That's the deal , take it or leave it

I was at the game so I didn’t hear it but apparently the reporter at Firhill claimed we went down to 10 men after Brian Graham had got a red card. This appears to be backed up by the BBC Sport Scotland match report initially stating we played the last 15 with a man less. Graham was a sub when he was sent off, so obviously 11 men remained on the pitch.