Livi v Cowden

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't understand why Brownlie isn't playing, unless he is injured. The Livi fans were watching a different game from me. Two poor teams, we had the players to do much better, I can't figure out what Jimmy is doing.

To be fair the conditions were difficult , both teams had problems passing the ball. The Livi No5 looked hopeless, if only we still had Hemmings!

Yet again we fell asleep after half-time, how often has that happened

Brownlie isn,t injure AC.Jimmy doesn,t like the 352 despite us being a far better side when we play it.He is on record as saying he wants us to be harder to beat.We can field 3 centre backs who are good on the ball,good in the air and above all are quick.This gives us 5 in the middle in their best positions and above all two up front.If Jimmy has no belief in the lads we are already goosed.We lost today to a team that hardly outplayed us,but then we didn,t really threaten them either.Chance missed in my opinion.

I'll be honest, I thought we were pretty rank. First half especially. Gary Glen does an absolute power of work, but it's all outside the box - one shot on target I think, in the whole game? Jordan White took his goal really well, but for a tall guy he looks poor in the air. I thought the defence looked really solid though, and Kyle Jacobs put in one of his best performances since his return.

Delighted with the win, but I think (and hope) we're capable of far better.

Dunno I thought we played well 2nd half and even getting a fortunate break with the ball put in for Mullen's goal I think we'd have scored and won anyway. We've had poor first halfs against Cowden and Hibs then played better in the 2nd half and scored.

Just need to keep it tight in the first half, or improve from the start of a game. Anyway, aside a fluke goal last week we're looking better in defence than last season, and I'm sure we'll keep improving with each game. Liking Kyle so far, he's looking a lot better this season and Keaghan has come back well from a broken leg. God to see Mullen getting his 2nd goal of the season too, expecting double figures from him.

Not sure what is up with Hippolyte being kept on the bench, he offers more of a threat than Burchill.

I could see the merit in bringing Burchill on to calm things down but that's not really what happened. As you say, LF, I would much rather Hippolyte was given a chance if you're bringing someone on to freshen things up.

What the Cowden fans clearly don't realise is that their only chances of the game came after we took our captain off and stuck a centre-mid at left-back and a centre-half at right-back. Up until that point, they were not in the game. Far from our best 11 but it was fairly comfortable throughout. I'll take those wins against the part-time teams all season.

Have to agree with you, big al. #14 (Gallagher) is under the impression he's a lot better footballer than he is. Needs to stick to defending.

He needs to spend less time reffing the game as well. Seems like he's slotted perfectly into Mensings role.

Have to agree with you, big al. #14 (Gallagher) is under the impression he's a lot better footballer than he is. Needs to stick to defending.

Thought it might be gallagher. Seem to remember him pinging several poor passes out for goal kicks at central park for dundee, only for the dundee fans to say he was a tremendous player for them. As you say, stick to defending and short pass to the better players of which you have a few.

Like 7 in the middle and the big boy upfront is useful. 14 at the back must just tackle and head balls all week because he can't pass water.

7 is Keaghan Jacobs, braw wee player, got a broken leg in our end of season game against Raith. That's his second game back for us and looked good, made both our goals, shot come cross for the first and winning the ball and passing it on for the 2nd. No6 Kyle is his younger brother, also looking good this season.

Big White for a big lad he has a good close control with the ball at his feet, did well to take the ball round your keeper.

Aye Gallagher was awful at passing, noticed he gave the ball away a few times, good defender though.

Thought Talbot had a stormer of a game, gets a lot of stick for his mental challenges, got 2 reds last season, but didn't put a foot wrong yesterday and won nearly everything in the air. took a few hard hits too and kept his cool, wasn't till he went off you scored as we were a bit disjointed at the back after that. Your No14 Brett kept him quiet down the wing though, man marked him all game whenever he came up the park, was impressed by him.

Archived