Livi v Cowden

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Kane had a poor game. Flynn didn't cover himself in glory with Livi's first. Robbo should have buried the chance at the back post. Lewis Milne has 3 goals in 3 games but I don't like him playing further forward, he is best playing deep and picking out passes. Sutherland looked lively when he came on.

In no circumstance should Iain Campbell be brought on to replace Kenny Adamson. Or anyone for that matter. Even if they are injured.

Chris Kane had a poor game. Flynn didn't cover himself in glory with Livi's first. Robbo should have buried the chance at the back post. Lewis Milne has 3 goals in 3 games but I don't like him playing further forward, he is best playing deep and picking out passes. Sutherland looked lively when he came on.

In no circumstance should Iain Campbell be brought on to replace Kenny Adamson. Or anyone for that matter. Even if they are injured.

I actually thought Kane did OK at right back. Both Livi goals came down our left. Agree about Campbell. The only time he should be brought on is to replace a dead player, but i want to see the death certificate first to be sure.

Livi fans here getting a bit carried away here. Not much in that game,poor game that it was. There's no way Livi will finish 5th or higher. A missed opportunity for us to get points away from home.

With loans due this week its frustrating we are not yet playing with what must be thought as our strongest team yet.

Maybe but I'd expect to finish about Alloa, Cowden and Dumbarton and don't think Falkirk are as good as last season so anywhere from 7th to 4th is up for grabs. I'd be happy with any one of those places, just think we've as good a chance as anyone else outside Hibs, Hearts and The Rangers.

Maybe but I'd expect to finish about Alloa, Cowden and Dumbarton and don't think Falkirk are as good as last season so anywhere from 7th to 4th is up for grabs. I'd be happy with any one of those places, just think we've as good a chance as anyone else outside Hibs, Hearts and The Rangers.

You really weren't that good today so if thats what you're basing it on you have no chance. Falkirk looked far better than you last Saturday and last night.

Don't you have an administration event coming up soon as well which would see you finish below all the part time teams?

You really weren't that good today so if thats what you're basing it on you have no chance. Falkirk looked far better than you last Saturday and last night.

Don't you have an administration event coming up soon as well which would see you finish below all the part time teams?

They aren't a good side to watch but John McGlynn has perfected the knack of setting out teams to grind out narrow wins so I wouldn't be that surprised if they didn't finish mid table.

Don't have to be that good to beat Cowden though, pity Falkirk couldn't even though apparently they were better than us.

You seem to be missing the point so I'll keep this simple for you. We played pretty well against a decent Falkirk team last week. We may have been a bit unlucky not to win the game but Falkirk also played decent football and created chances as well and could also have won the game.

You could also bet your house that Falkirk will finish above Livi this season and you wouldn't lose a moments sleep over it.

You scraped a win today against a team that didn't play well. It doesn't make you world beaters or even top half contenders.

Don't have to be that good to beat Cowden though, pity Falkirk couldn't even though apparently they were better than us.

Falkirk will play us off the park at their pitch. We are usually difficult to beat at ours. Livi are nowhere near as good a football team as Falkirk. Not trying to antagonise, just honest.

Falkirk will play us off the park at their pitch. We are usually difficult to beat at ours. Livi are nowhere near as good a football team as Falkirk. Not trying to antagonise, just honest.

Fair enough, they were far too good for us last season but didn't think they were as strong a team this season after losing some players.

I'm encouraged by what I've seen of Livi so far, Hibs were lucky to get all 3 points last week at their ground and we beat QoS in ET in a cup. Thought we looked quite good in spells today with some nice passing movement for our second goal.

I was really fearing this season with the big turnover in players but I can see us being 7th or above.

I'll be honest, I thought we were pretty rank. First half especially. Gary Glen does an absolute power of work, but it's all outside the box - one shot on target I think, in the whole game? Jordan White took his goal really well, but for a tall guy he looks poor in the air. I thought the defence looked really solid though, and Kyle Jacobs put in one of his best performances since his return.

Delighted with the win, but I think (and hope) we're capable of far better.

Fair enough, they were far too good for us last season but didn't think they were as strong a team this season after losing some players.

I'm encouraged by what I've seen of Livi so far, Hibs were lucky to get all 3 points last week at their ground and we beat QoS in ET in a cup. Thought we looked quite good in spells today with some nice passing movement for our second goal.

I was really fearing this season with the big turnover in players but I can see us being 7th or above.

If they keep Loy fit he's very good but maybe they need another striker. Of course you can finish 6th/7th but can't see you top half.

Neither side looked like scoring in this game until a miss-hit cross caught out the Cowden keeper and even after a good block from the first attempt at goal from our captain the ball fell for the Livi striker to net.

Thereafter, our manager made three or four formation changes, and using our three subs but still no Brownlie.

We were all over the place, and Livi scored a second as we struggled to get a grip on the game.Even then, Robbo hit the bar and Milne got one back near the end, so we could have snatched an unlikely draw.

Must say I thought Livi offered nothing whatsoever up front today, and got a fortunate break for the all important first goal.only got a second due to us chasing the game.

Can't blame the first goal on the manager, but Jimmy is putting out teams with players out of position and we all know what formation we need to play.Again no Darren in the frame...ridiculous..

Neither side looked like scoring in this game until a miss-hit cross caught out the Cowden keeper and even after a good block from the first attempt at goal from our captain the ball fell for the Livi striker to net.

Thereafter, our manager made three or four formation changes, and using our three subs but still no Brownlie.

We were all over the place, and Livi scored a second as we struggled to get a grip on the game.Even then, Robbo hit the bar and Milne got one back near the end, so we could have snatched an unlikely draw.

Must say I thought Livi offered nothing whatsoever up front today, and got a fortunate break for the all important first goal.only got a second due to us chasing the game.

Can't blame the first goal on the manager, but Jimmy is putting out teams with players out of position and we all know what formation we need to play.Again no Darren in the frame...ridiculous..

Can't understand why Brownlie isn't playing, unless he is injured. The Livi fans were watching a different game from me. Two poor teams, we had the players to do much better, I can't figure out what Jimmy is doing.

To be fair the conditions were difficult , both teams had problems passing the ball. The Livi No5 looked hopeless, if only we still had Hemmings!

Yet again we fell asleep after half-time, how often has that happened

Both poor sides

Aye. Compared to Alloa who don't have a point or a goal yet. Never mind though champ. Keep telling yourself you were the better team against Rovers today. Stock up on the hallucinogenics to get you through the season as well.

Archived