The reason I am changing from yes to no.

stonedsailor

Basically moving from larger communities to smaller communities is a backwards move. So I have changed my opinion on independence. Can anyone give me a reason to change back?

Despite Kaku being an eminent scientist, and his comments regarding theoretical physics is indeed enlightening - although I am not entirely convinced on some of his thinking, however if a 7 minute video of an unrelated subject somehow sways your opinion regarding political self determination and not just for you, but for generations to come, well.. that says a lot about your original position.

You are the sort of person that is wasted in the political landscape, for someone who clearly suffers from knee jerk reactions and jumping to the wrong conclusion from conflated topics then surely a future in refereeing Old Firm games should be your aim.

Basically moving from larger communities to smaller communities is a backwards move. So I have changed my opinion on independence. Can anyone give me a reason to change back?

Well here is the paradox. Stay part of the UK and you will leave the EU. Vote for independence EU membership is not completely guaranteed but certainly very probable. Where does the smaller/larger communities analogy fit into this?

It's the kernel of hypocrisy that the No vote refuses to acknowledge.

I'm sure this applies to everyone who wanted and got independence from the British Empire, the largest 'community' to have ever existed in the history of mankind.

Despite Kaku being an eminent scientist, and his comments regarding theoretical physics is indeed enlightening - although I am not entirely convinced on some of his thinking, however if a 7 minute video of an unrelated subject somehow sways your opinion regarding political self determination and not just for you, but for generations to come, well.. that says a lot about your original position.

You are the sort of person that is wasted in the political landscape, for someone who clearly suffers from knee jerk reactions and jumping to the wrong conclusion from conflated topics then surely a future in refereeing Old Firm games should be your aim.

So in what way is this unrelated?

I have seen many arguments on either side, I have read books of arguments but none of them think in the biggest picture of them all. The human race.

Our planet is reaching bursting point with our population at the moment, within a time frame shorter than the time we have had the Union our planet will be near exhausted for resources. To remedy this the whole planet must work together. Splitting up one of our most advanced nations is a backwards step in solving population, food and resources problems. Scotland's wee bit of oil wont help.

Well here is the paradox. Stay part of the UK and you will leave the EU. Vote for independence EU membership is not completely guaranteed but certainly very probable. Where does the smaller/larger communities analogy fit into this?

It's the kernel of hypocrisy that the No vote refuses to acknowledge.

Excellent you can see the future. Tell us how it will play out in a couple of hundred years.

Excellent you can see the future. Tell us how it will play out in a couple of hundred years.

Maybe you can tell us of this horrible future where an independent Scotland is a backwards step in solving population, food and resource problems?

FFS Stoney! Get a grip or at least change your supplier. :)

The UK is moving in an insular direction and is highly likely to leave The EU and close it's borders. It is far from being progressive with regards 'green' planet/human race saving policies and never will be. An Independent Scotland will be far better for the world/planet/human race etc.

Large communities are unhealthy both socially and psychologically.

See: London, New York, Detroit, et al

FFS Stoney! Get a grip or at least change your supplier. :)

The UK is moving in an insular direction and is highly likely to leave The EU and close it's borders. It is far from being progressive with regards 'green' planet/human race saving policies and never will be. An Independent Scotland will be far better for the world/planet/human race etc.

Wait a minute. Is this thread serious? You have got to be joking.

Would it make any difference if he said he tossed some chicken bones and the pattern said he should vote NAW (or YES for that matter) ? He's entitiled to vote whichever way he wants, he's justified it, not that he has to, and just because you don't like it, it doesn't follow that he should get pelters for it. I'm guessing people like our Pollok supporting chum think they'll win him back by verbally abusing him, I'm sure that will work out just fine.

Would it make any difference if he said he tossed some chicken bones and the pattern said he should vote NAW (or YES for that matter) ? He's entitiled to vote whichever way he wants, he's justified it, not that he has to, and just because you don't like it, it doesn't follow that he should get pelters for it. I'm guessing people like our Pollok supporting chum think they'll win him back by verbally abusing him, I'm sure that will work out just fine.

Don't be ridiculous. If you do stupid stuff or say stupid stuff then you're going to get pelters - and rightly so.

Don't be ridiculous. If you do stupid stuff or say stupid stuff then you're going to get pelters - and rightly so.

Do you think that ridiculing him will make him think he should go back to a YES vote ? Would that motivate you ?

Do you think that ridiculing him will make him think he should go back to a YES vote ? Would that motivate you ?

I don't care.

I try to persuade people to vote Yes - but I'm not going to do or say anything to get them to change their minds.

Have you watched the video?

So in what way is this unrelated?

I would reverse that, how is it relevant? The onus is upon you to demonstrate how Kaku's comments have affected your decision (if it has of course) you just posted a video and no further comment.

Our planet is reaching bursting point with our population at the moment, within a time frame shorter than the time we have had the Union our planet will be near exhausted for resources. To remedy this the whole planet must work together. Splitting up one of our most advanced nations is a backwards step in solving population, food and resources problems.

This argument is possibly the most oblique claim that anyone has made regarding independence.

Scotland's wee bit of oil wont help.

If you seriously think this is all about oil then you are already misguided and further comment will be of no benefit on this subject.

Trite and the epitome of deflection. You could have answered my comment, instead you have become sarky and lost any pretence at dealing with the subject with any level of sense.

Archived