tonights scores 13/08/14

beithboy

The club is on the up and Big John has the team playing some good stuff although I think staying in the first div will be a successful season. Neilly was solid again tonight.

Hope Shotts do well this season in the premier. Good folk at the club.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleased with how Whitletts are shaping up now strikers are scoring goals albeit against Girvan and Annbank but it's progress.

Big games are Troon on Saturday then Maybole a week later. Really fancy is to take something from Saturday cos Keenan n co won't be able to handle Balfour, Hanvey, O'Connor and Wilson's pace.

Poorly!! Game could have ended up eight each. Neither side would learn much from tonight.

I think there was a few lesson learned from tonight

Both sides looked very good going forward but at times in defence concentration was not the best although we did play Robbie Weir at right back and that is not postion and at times we were too gun-ho

But there was also a lot of good attacking play on show as well so I think you are being harsh saying Dalry played poorly.

Wasn't at the game but I'll take your word Hurlford hit the woodwork 5 times but that counts for f**k all final score 4-4 get over it

Was only saying buddy, I'm not a fan of the ardagh cup so it dosnt bother me really, got a more important game to look forward to this Saturday.

Pleased with how Whitletts are shaping up now strikers are scoring goals albeit against Girvan and Annbank but it's progress.

Big games are Troon on Saturday then Maybole a week later. Really fancy is to take something from Saturday cos Keenan n co won't be able to handle Balfour, Hanvey, O'Connor and Wilson's pace.

They're gd players but ur gettin carried away wi yourself

Arthurlie 2-1 Pollok

Rafferty opened the scoring after 21 mins firing home after a lovely passing move involving Connor McGlinchey & Richie Barr.

2nd was an OG by McGee after a flick on by McGregor from a Green long throw.

Winters pulled a goal back late on from the spot after White pulled him down after a mix up at the back.

Thought we were comfortable and Pollok rarely threatened. They did create one late chance but Mckenzie fluffed the chance. We had several other opportunities but weren't able to take them.

Arthurlie 2-1 Pollok

Rafferty opened the scoring after 21 mins firing home after a lovely passing move involving Connor McGlinchey & Richie Barr.

2nd was an OG by McGee after a flick on by McGregor from a Green long throw.

Winters pulled a goal back late on from the spot after White pulled him down after a mix up at the back.

Thought we were comfortable and Pollok rarely threatened. They did create one late chance but Mckenzie fluffed the chance. We had several other opportunities but weren't able to take them.

Danny Burns been playing for you?

I think there was a few lesson learned from tonight

Both sides looked very good going forward but at times in defence concentration was not the best although we did play Robbie Weir at right back and that is not postion and at times we were too gun-ho

But there was also a lot of good attacking play on show as well so I think you are being harsh saying Dalry played poorly.

Just comparing it with how well we played against Kilbirnie. Felt we didn't get going tonight.

I suppose both teams found out that they can score AND ship goals!!!!

Think it will be a different game in the league in a couple of weeks!

Well done to the Wishy troops, entertaining game Tommy? Was on a twelve hour shift and couldn't manage.

I wasn't at the game bud,but I'm told that Wishaw were well worth their win and it's pleasing to see their good run continue as the new season approaches.I know that we shouldn't read too much into the early games,but their opposition hasn't been too shabby and it's surely better to be on a winning run rather than a losing one.

As you say,a lot of good work has been done at the Beltane over the last couple of years and this season will see Wishaw with a team that has strength in depth,and some healthy competition for places.

Which kinda makes you think that the odds of 25/1 available on their chance of a top three league finish might be just a tad generous.

Just comparing it with how well we played against Kilbirnie. Felt we didn't get going tonight.

I suppose both teams found out that they can score AND ship goals!!!!

Think it will be a different game in the league in a couple of weeks!

Funny enough mate a lot of Buffs fans felt we played better at Ardrossan

all the best for the coming season

Archived